Author Topic: enzyme loss in meat and veggies  (Read 2039 times)

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
enzyme loss in meat and veggies
« on: July 05, 2010, 10:09:04 am »
Hey RPDers I read somewhere that if you pluck an orange (or any fruit for that matter) off of a tree then within 30 minutes 50% of the enzymes are lost. I guess when we cavemen found fruit we ate them right after pulling them off the tree. Does anyone know the best way to preserve enzymes in meat. Doesnt freezing meat destroy them? THough I heard flash freezing works. However, I am reading up on enzymes and I gotta say they are like the staff of life and about the most important thing in food. Systemic enzymes have worked better for cancer than any other therapy out there and has a success rate over 90%!
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
Re: enzyme loss in meat and veggies
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 01:08:00 pm »
Welcome to civilization! Come on in ! We have cars,refrigerators,and yes air conditioners! But...huh I'm sorry we don't have a way to preserve enzymes in fruits/plants/animals that have been picked or are dead....But wait! All is not lost! There are those who let their meat "hang-out" for a while on purpose,and the idea is to enhance the beneficial bacteria in the meat.This is what high-meat's purpose is,I believe.

Bottomline: the cool thing about meat is that even if you lose some enzymes,you can still get benefit from the meat in other ways.Cool huh? :D

Also:I don't worry about freezing too much.I'm Canadian....ba dum bump! ;D Just kidding,anyway,I don't believe freezing does that much damage.Especially when you consider people in freezing areas(North Pole,Eskimos)leave their meat outside in temperatures lower than my freezer will ever get.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk