Author Topic: Is high meat more effective than probiotic supplements?  (Read 22994 times)

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
Re: Is high meat more effective than probiotic supplements?
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 02:32:08 pm »
I wish it was called "eating moldy meat" and not "high meat" which just sounds like a strategy of eating tons of meat to fight depression. For a month I've been eating like a pound a day of meat and have gotten too lean and mean. 

Good idea, bad name!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:52:23 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 12:47:48 pm »
Thanks for link for the lb.   Looks interesting.  This bit of info. I would like to add.   When milk cultures are grown, like kefir or yogurts,  the closer to body temp the more bacteria will be present, the colder the temp, more yeasts will grow.  Many probiotics contain bovine bacteria which won't implant in our intestines.  And those that do use human bacteria are mostly grown on lactose or other sugars which if one was to reculture those products, to be successful one would have the best luck using the culturing medium used in the manufacturing process.  If someone like myself who doesn't eat dairy and has very few carbs moving through my intestines, I think it would be next to impossible to culture those specific bacteria on a fat and protein growth medium.   Also many many probiotics aren't acid resistant to make it through the stomach's acids and the small intestines high ph. to start to grown and take hold in the colon. Many are enteric coated to pass through the stomach to then release....    I suspect low carb eaters have an entirely different specie of bacteria than do carb or especially milk product uses that includes lactose.    Years ago when I practically lived on goats milk ( I have goats on green pasture still, but not milking)  I bought from a culture company very specific human strains of bacteria.  Including the L. Bifidum  that we're innocculated at birth with through mother's colostrum and through the birthing process itself.  I made quart batches of my own bacteria cultures using many trillions counts of these cultured in whey powder which I grew like yogurt. These types of Bacteria reproduce every ten to twenty minutes, which means after innoculating for ten to twenty hours one can do the math and see that the numbers of live bacteria were astronomical.   I then implanted these while floating in a warm tub of water to reduce the stress on my intestines.  I did many of these.  All the while consuming a half gallon of goat mild a day.  I did indeed support a very healthy large population of these specific bacteria growing and living nicely in my colon. 
  Since then having given up carbs and milk sugars, I doubt many of these bacteria exist and am now a host for a protein fat based bacteria. 

I would like to try innoculating meat with the lb product.  But still question whether it would thrive or grow on a pure protein substance.  Maybe it would do better on liver which has carbs.   I did some minor looking on the net to see what meat/sausage producers are using.  Mostly well guarded, but understand it's a very specific specie.  Hanging meat or airing it in jars I suspect one would end up with what's in the prevailing wind, or what is floating in your kitchen as you air it out.  Living on the ocean in Northern Ca.  we have lots of tree fungus and mold that thrives in this moist cool envirorment.    I always come back to soil based organisms,  and probably that's why the lb. seems promising.    So after a lot of rambling,,,, who knows. 

Offline Duke

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 10:24:39 pm »
Good probiotics are those which contain human bacteria strains which can tolerate the effects of bile and stomach acids.
I've never tried high meat, and i am sure alot have tried it and witnessed it's many profound benefits, but the impression i get is that high meat is rather loaded with bad bacteria than good one, so it tends to upset the ratio between both good and bad bacteria.

Do animals happen to eat high meat or only raw fresh one?

Offline freezerburn

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2012, 01:11:35 am »

The most excited I have seen bears (polar and grizzly) has been over rotting whale carcasses.  Hell, they roll in the carcass.  I'm quite sure they are a tad more sensitive with regards to the types of bacteria growing on the meat. 

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 03:49:50 pm »

My dog found a raw piece of an animal yesterday on the grass under the wooden unfinished fence, this meat on bone stinking strongly, covered and 'crawling' or rather squiggling with many small live worms.  He ate some and carried it around for a bit. He seemed to enjoy it, even though he had eaten a full meal recently before same morning.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 07:04:58 pm »
My cat eats high meat without any reaction at all. I fed him my high meat before I tried it myself. Had my cat rejected the high meat I don't think i would have eaten it myself.

My cat is 100% on raw meat, organs and fat (and the occasional few drops of raw kefir). When i gave him a piece of slimy high meat he just sniffed it and ate it straight away. No noticeable difference with regular meat.

If i give him something new he has never had before say chicken instead of beef their is a clear testing procedure. First sniff, then lick, then wait a bit. Then take in the mouth and spit out again, wait a bit. Then chew and spit out again, again waiting a while. Then eat a little piece and wait an hour or so. Then and then only he will eat the rest. If anywhere along this testing procedure he notices something wrong he won't touch it again. The fact that he ate the beef high meat straight away after just sniffing it means he doesn't think it's too different from regular beef
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:56:55 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 05:21:36 am »
My cat eats high meat without any reaction at all. I fed him my high meat before I tried it myself. Had my cat rejected the high meat I don't think i would have eaten it myself.

My cat is 100% on raw meat, organs and fat (and the occasional few drops of raw kefir). When i gave him a piece of slimy high meat he just sniffed it and ate it straight away. No noticeable difference with regular meat.

If i give him something new he has never had before say chicken instead of beef their is a clear testing procedure. First sniff, then lick, then wait a bit. Then take in the mouth and spit out again, wait a bit. Then chew and spit out again, again waiting a while. Then eat a little piece and wait an hour or so. Then and then only he will eat the rest. If anywhere along this testing procedure he notices something wrong he won't touch it again. The fact that he ate the beef high meat straight away after just sniffing it means he doesn't think it's too different from regular beef

^How is your cats health?  I would think an all meat diet would totally change their demeanor, appearance, and energy.  My cat is at least eating "grain-free" catfood which isn't great, but I feed her meat and raw ground turkey whenever possible.  The other person who takes care of her, can't really be taught about the raw food world, and instead follows the vet's protocol.  My cat won't eat high meat, and will only eat ground turkey.  But eating more meat, and less catfood, I notice there's a big difference.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 03:09:20 pm »
^How is your cats health?  I would think an all meat diet would totally change their demeanor, appearance, and energy.  My cat is at least eating "grain-free" catfood which isn't great, but I feed her meat and raw ground turkey whenever possible.  The other person who takes care of her, can't really be taught about the raw food world, and instead follows the vet's protocol.  My cat won't eat high meat, and will only eat ground turkey.  But eating more meat, and less catfood, I notice there's a big difference.
He's healthy. Its a bengal F3 meaning his grandfather was a  Asian Leopard Cat so he's a bit closer to a natural race than most cats. When i got him he was 8 months old and used to eating dry cat food. it took a few days for him to get used to an all meat diet. In the beginning when i gave him some dry cat food that i got free with the cat he would attack it as if craving it. Now when i give it to him he just ignores it(even when hungry) doesn't see it as food anymore.

He's very active, dominant(towards other cats) and strong. Hunts/jumps anything that moves outside.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk