Author Topic: DO you still crave cooked meat and do you eat meat?  (Read 9832 times)

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
DO you still crave cooked meat and do you eat meat?
« on: July 21, 2014, 04:07:54 am »
Do you still crave it and do you still eat it??? and how do you eat it??? raw?  dried?  etc...

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: DO you still crave cooked meat and do you eat meat?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 05:05:53 am »
During the first years and specially the first, I often craved cooked meat and cooked meals in general. But I followed GCB’s sound advise to tell myself, and others as well, that I was on a limited duration experiment, for example for a couple of weeks at the end of which I could choose to revert to conventional mostly cooked food or to extend my experiment for a month or two, then again for 6 months, a year and so on. So, when I craved something “not-raw-paleo”, I thought “ok, I’ll eat that after my experiment is over.”

27 years latter, I no longer have any cravings for cooked food.

I eat raw meat either fresh or somewhat dry / aged in a fridge. I generally prefer it aged and even like this — I already posted this photo and others several times:
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 05:12:22 am »
Quite the opposite: I do not crave cooked foods at all, and when I eat cooked meat, both its texture and flavor are disagreeable to me. I eat raw, unseasoned meat and seafood. When I first buy a large portion, it's fresh; it ages in my refrigerator as I continue to eat it.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 05:37:23 am »
Well thats awesome to know!!!

How do you go about aging your meat??? and does it end up being kind of like a jerky?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 05:42:06 am »
I don't crave cooked meat.
But I do eat cooked meat at socials.
And I try to eat some of our emergency canned goods (when I remember).
Being able to eat survival food (and not get sick) is an important survival strategy to me.

There are some kinds of cooked meat I cannot stand such as fried beef, or cooked ground beef... just too grossed out by such.
What I have noticed is the quantity of cooked meat I eat at a time has to be limited.
If I eat cooked meat a few days in a row, I get annoyed / full of it and have to find fresh stuff again.

There are times I do not eat animal foods.
And there are times I would rather not eat for a day.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 06:54:25 am »
How often DO you eat raw animals products Goodsamaritan?

Just wondering guys sorry for all the Q's!!!!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 07:07:56 am »
cooked animals you meant? maybe once or twice a week.
(i used to be super strict)

I also cannot stand cooked eggs... yuck.

My Kids can't stand cooked liver, I can't eat cooked liver either.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:13:30 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 07:23:07 am »
cooked animals you meant? maybe once or twice a week.
(i used to be super strict)

I also cannot stand cooked eggs... yuck.

My Kids can't stand cooked liver, I can't eat cooked liver either.

No I meant to you eat a lot of RAW animal products!!!    im trying to see if I should transition into incorporating raw beef or fish or dairy into my diet.. as of right now I have been eating Instincto but only Fruit, Veggies, Nuts and Honey

not that what you eat matters at all to my body but Im JW how many people here eat raw meat, etc

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 07:43:35 am »
Here's my math.
I eat a cooked animal once or twice a week.
The rest is raw.
When would I not eat animal?  Maybe 2 days in a month.
And I eat markedly less now that I got rid of my tape worms.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 11:50:01 am »
How do you go about aging your meat??? and does it end up being kind of like a jerky?

Aging is not the same as drying. You can find plenty of discussions on this forum about aging meat.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 02:33:19 pm »
I  still have cravings for some types of cooked meats but these are usually "cleaner" than most preprocessed meals. I  mostly eat raw but eat cooked during certain social occasions and the like.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 01:24:25 am »
thanks guys Im gonna go a few days without any animal products whatsoever and see what animal products my body wants..  I was able to get a hold of some raw aged bison steaks so I have....  raw meat, raw aged meat, raw eggs and raw fish all at my disposal..

My home is full of15 different types of fruits, countless greens, herbs, nuts, and 2 different types of honey]

Its time to kick this into full gear!  Next week I plan on documenting everything I eat instinctively on a live online journal

O0

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 11:27:08 pm »
But I do eat cooked meat at socials.
And I try to eat some of our emergency canned goods (when I remember).
Being able to eat survival food (and not get sick) is an important survival strategy to me.

I think this is a miscalculation. By eating cooked food once in a way, you keep your immune system in a state of tolerance (I explained somewhere else what we mean by “tolerance”) and thus your body won’t expel the heat damaged molecules accumulated before, some of which being carcinogenic  or able to cause other health problem in the long term. As I also said many times before, eating 95% raw doesn’t remove 95 % of the potential health threats of cooked food. There’s no linear relation here.

There can be much better emergency / survival foods than canned ones. Home dried fruits, carob, tamarind, honey, dry chufas, lentils and even whole rice to be soaked can be kept several years in closed jars. Most nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, macadamias, pine nuts, peanuts etc.) can be stored many years too. Meat will be all right up to 3 months in fridge and can even be eaten much later and completely dry after being cut in small pieces with a good knife. Eggs can be stored several months in cold place, ideally a fridge. Dry fish is also an option.   ;)   
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 05:06:07 am »
There can be much better emergency / survival foods than canned ones. Home dried fruits, carob, tamarind, honey, dry chufas, lentils and even whole rice to be soaked can be kept several years in closed jars. Most nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, macadamias, pine nuts, peanuts etc.) can be stored many years too. Meat will be all right up to 3 months in fridge and can even be eaten much later and completely dry after being cut in small pieces with a good knife. Eggs can be stored several months in cold place, ideally a fridge. Dry fish is also an option.   ;)   

Wow!  Thank you for these ideas!  Something I have been lacking all along.  I will go and add these items to our emergency grab bags and test them out.

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 07:47:27 pm »
So I no longer crave red meat at all really but.. I crave BBQ pork ribs and chicken sometimes... mostly ribs  O0

My daily food intake has basically been

Morning Lemon Water or whole Lemon

around 12 pm- Apricots, Watermelon, or some other type of fruit.. and a whole lot of it!

Dinner- So far I've always wanted a big green salad with all kinds of vegetable goodness in it.... I try to eat mono but find myself eating a combined salad alot.. I know I'm on the right track but I'm trying to make my dinner more of a single food process.   Just hard to feel satisfied

Have no craving for- Sweets, onions, garlic, bread or processed foods

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 11:47:18 pm »
Do you still crave it and do you still eat it??? and how do you eat it??? raw?  dried?  etc...

I do but I eat more seafood. I eat close to 100% raw, but there is one thing I do cook... tongue. I just like it better gently cooked. But that is the only thing.
So like yesterday... i had tongue again, gently cooked and cold. After 3 weeks with only raw. I do not feel any negative effects other than that I get a little less euphoric.  ;) like my senses are not that sharp. But i digest it perfectly well and feel fine after cooked meat too, i just cannot eat it often as it makes me crave raw meat again really much  :o
and i like the euphoria from the raw animal food too a lot  ;D

I make a lot of chevice from seafood. Oysters i eat just plain, my favorite food.
From meat I make carpaccio too. I like that, with raw onion. Sometimes I eat it just plain. But I barely eat muscle meat anymore, i do organs, i mostly eat heart, grassfed beef heart. It is my 1 choice, i always have it in my fridge, dry aging and then rotting in a glass jar (high heart) that is very good!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk