Author Topic: Yon & GS visit Mahogany Market, Tagaytay City: Home of the Famous Batangas Beef!  (Read 4331 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
We (me and my fellow raw paleo dieter friend E) checked out of the hotel in Tagaytay city and looked for the wet market. The locals pointed us to Mahogany Wet Market. Little did we know that Mahogany Market was the home of the famous Batangas beef! Alright, we hit the jackpot! In one building all around at 7am Sunday were full quarters of freshly slaughtered beef! So fresh their muscles were still twitching!

I noticed that most of the beef there were not as fatty as the beef we had in Farmers market Cubao, Quezon City, this was a different species. We did find a fatty beef quarter and I ordered 2 kilos of that top round part with whitish fat but very good tasting fat. With this species of beef here we found from the butchers that the yellowish with dark muscles were female and that the paler meats were male. We wound up buying a total of 4 kilos of beef muscle and fat. Then we also found some truly awesome clean healthy raw beef liver. Just what my wife and kids need for their B12 vitamins.

On to breakfast. We parked the car beside some tables for rent overlooking Taal Lake. First we had some raw beef liver. Very good, very clean. Then we had some muscle and fat. Yummy. I found this beef muscle very tender and very very tasty. Reminds me of those old beef soups made during my cooked meat years, tastes exactly like that but raw and fresh and bloody. No utensils, just plain old hands and teeth, the beef part we got was tender and you do know that raw beef is generally tender.

I’m convinced Tagaytay City is a viable place to live in. Lots of fruit, fish and freshly slaughtered famous Batangas beef! Very good nutrition plus cool climate and we have a winning combination of factors!

See photo gallery of 9 pictures:
http://www.myhealthblog.org/2010/08/22/mahogany-market-tagaytay-city-home-of-the-famous-batangas-beef

(Yon is in the pics wearing a green t-shirt)

Meeting up fellow raw paleos is great, guys and gals, you should try it!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
I'm so envious re your food-choices in the Phillipines re the wide availability of high-quality markets offering raw animal foods. The UK is pathetic by comparison.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
I'm so envious re your food-choices in the Phillipines re the wide availability of high-quality markets offering raw animal foods. The UK is pathetic by comparison.

Singapore's worst. =(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk