Author Topic: Any Publishers out there?  (Read 2778 times)

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Any Publishers out there?
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:31:50 am »
Im writing a nutrition philosophy book right now and am thinking either ebook or hardcover. I thought of ebook in the beginning, but Im working real hard on it and expect to take a year to write it to ensure that it is good. Anyone know any publishers out there that can cut a deal? ;)
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Any Publishers out there?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 11:35:23 am »
have you checked out lulu.com? You can move from an e-book to full scale publishing/listing on amazon quite easily and do print on demand I believe or at least small editions.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 12:14:55 pm »
nice I'll keep that in mind.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 08:49:42 pm »
Pioneer,

I am not sure of exactly your background or training but Mark Victor Hansen, the guy that cowrote the "Chicken Soup...." series and a lot of other stuff has a Mega Book Marketing University seminar periodically. I went to the one in NY a few years ago. It was held at the same time and same place as a huge book etc. event there. I think he does west coast (US) and east coast seminars.

Can't argue with his book selling acumen. He has sold a gazillion books etc.

At the seminar there is tons of info and people and writers, ghost writers, coaches, publishers, you name it. Great place to meet people like yourself and get some great info. I was blown away to be quite honest. A lot of his stuff is rah rah boom boom stuff but that is the way of the world. If you wanna sell the stuff (Isn't that why we write, to tell the world??) ya gotta do it. Money is not our focus, it is merely the signpost of our effectiveness in selling and writing.

I spoke to him briefly about Ayurveda when I was there and he had dealings with it when he spent time in India. Interesting character. I highly recommend the seminar and his various writings.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 10:16:24 pm »
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk