Author Topic: Expensive tissue theory  (Read 4686 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Expensive tissue theory
« on: July 18, 2010, 02:48:15 pm »
I just read up on the expensive tissue theory. Im just wondering since we obviously don't believe the advent of cooking is the reason for our gut size decreasing the second time than what is the reason?
thanks
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Expensive tissue theory
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 09:16:59 pm »
I just read up on the expensive tissue theory. Im just wondering since we obviously don't believe the advent of cooking is the reason for our gut size decreasing the second time than what is the reason?
thanks

A time when the atmosphere was a more nutritious plasma soup?  You inhaled a lot of nutrition then?
More nutritious raw food? With the advent of tools we were able to eat brain, marrow, liver, live sea food.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 11:06:28 pm »
I believe humans have sacrificed plenty of tissue for a larger brain - Yes gut size is one of them, but so is body hair, musculature (we are quite the weaklings), teeth size. Basically things that modern tools could replace so that our bodies did not have to do the work. Also other senses in the brain probably got substituted for higher level reasoning - smell being one of them.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 02:23:49 am »
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/vs_ramachandran_the_neurons_that_shaped_civilization.html

maybe it happened during the time of mirror neurons which is a very good theory. Apparently when the human brain was in its great development, we developed mirror neurons which allowed us to perceive the actions of others and copy them, hence cooking.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 12:50:21 pm »
Very interesting vid.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 06:14:18 pm »
Just thought of something else. I believe I read somewhere that humans have unusually large pancreases. Just wondering is it possible that when our bodies are introduced to cooked food at a young age the body responds by increasing the size of the pancrease and decreases the size of the stomach because the body needs to get the energy from somewhere else? So yes the advent of cooking may be the cause of our gut reduction but what if its just from a temporary pancrease increase?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 09:06:10 pm »
I believe humans have sacrificed plenty of tissue for a larger brain - Yes gut size is one of them, but so is body hair, musculature (we are quite the weaklings), teeth size. Basically things that modern tools could replace so that our bodies did not have to do the work. Also other senses in the brain probably got substituted for higher level reasoning - smell being one of them.

PD
That's an interesting observation. Normally my girlfriend can detect odours unbelievably well. I can't smell most of what she notices. High meat is not problematic for me. However as a pilot I can smell electrical smoke or anything that shouldn't be there in a heart beat, normally long before others. Somewhere I read that we have the ability to smell things according to the effect that the source has on us. In other words if something is dangerous such as sewage (which has a pungent odour) it is easily detectable and the (Parts Per Million) PPM can be very low for our detection. However, benign odours require considerably larger PPM. So we develop what we need to survive ie large pancreas
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk