Author Topic: Already finding cooked meats putting me off?  (Read 2904 times)

Offline tdister

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Already finding cooked meats putting me off?
« on: July 11, 2010, 04:03:13 pm »
I'm not exactly happy right now. I've eaten rare steaks and good hamburger meat for a while and been eating raw eggs/yolks for a couple months. Just this week have I been trying to incorporate some raw into my diet. Some marrow some very lightly grilled sirloin, and continuing with some rare hamburger.

I like a fried egg (over easy) once in a while. Tried it yesterday and it made me feel heavy and gross (though I also just introduced into my diet the tallow in which they were fried, so that could be the reason in this case). Wasn't looking for it to do this and it doens't usually happen.

Today, I ate mostly raw until dinner; 4 egg yolks, 1 granny smith apple, an ultra rare sirloin, some broc and caul and `1/8 cup beef bone marrow and a tiny amount of kimchi. Then came dinner, oven roasted lemon-pepper chicken. A slightly overcooked organic supermarket bird (I seasoned and cooked it). I'm not on the verge of death or anything but it really just doesn't feel good in my stomach...heavy, greasy and gross. Almost like my body senses it as something that has to deal with instead of something beneficial. 2 weeks ago 'd have eaten over half the bird and been making myself stop.

Surely my body isn't already rejecting cooked foods, is it? I'm not already one of you crazy animals, am I?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 05:09:38 pm by tdister »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Already finding cooked meats putting me off?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 07:47:35 pm »
You are turning into a crazy raw animal like us.

There just comes a time when the cooked meat becomes truly inferior and diarrhea and pain causing.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 01:51:04 am »
It's hearing reports like these that make me wonder why humans even began to eat cooked foods in the first place.  o.O
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline tdister

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 02:05:31 am »
I have to imagine it was as a way to salvage something that was rotting or by accident. Actually, maybe they were thawing frozen meat in the winter?

I'm beginning to think maybe I like the salt and spices on cooked meat more than the actual cooking.

Also, I'm thinking it's the cooked fat more than the protein that my body dislikes. Cooked lean meat doesn't give me the bad feeling so much, it just doesn't seem to digest as well (I'm reluctant to go fully raw). Along the same lines, tallow makes me feel bad but I can eat twice as much equivalent raw suet and feel like i've eaten nothing at all.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 02:27:27 am »
I feel intoxicated from cooked meat, I would describe the effect as being similar to alcohol. It also sits in my stomach uncomfortably, but no scary reactions so far during the few times I ate it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk