Author Topic: Piscivorous diet  (Read 5855 times)

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Piscivorous diet
« on: July 31, 2010, 09:13:39 am »
I've been eating a largely piscivorous diet recently; consisting mainly of wild salmon fillets and now and again a tuna steak.
Is this healthy?
I have also been eating a watermelon each day recently for hydration. Unfortunately due to a tight budget the watermelons are non-organic.
I have suddenly started to itch quite a bit (had bad eczema in recent past). Does anyone agree with me that the watermelon is the likely culprit for the itching? I'm thinking of replacing it with a meal of 2 or 3 avocados & 1 or 2 organic oranges each day.
So, daily diet plan would be as follows:

Breakfast: approx 6 wild salmon fillets
Lunch: 2 or 3 avos and 1 or 2 organic oranges
Evening: 6 wild salmon fillets

I've even been considering a week or so of zero carb, ie. just the salmon and the odd bit of tuna.
Any thoughts?

In a couple of weeks time I'll be ordering some grass-fed beef, but right now it isn't an option (stayin with the gf's fam atm and they aint got any room in the freezer/fridge for a decent/economically viable sized order and they are clueless that i eat rpd)
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Piscivorous diet
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 09:20:50 am »
Im not sure why you might be itching, could be an allergy pre-rpd. Is the salmon farmed? Watermelon usually doesn't need to be bought organic as it usually doesn't have to many pesticides. I would try to eat more than just salmon and some tuna, buy some other kinds of fish if possible. If you can afford it get all wild caught fish.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 09:59:38 am »
Yes all the fish is wild caught.
I did indeed have many of the usual allergies pre-rpd and probably still do have them eg. wheat, dairy, nuts. But my eczema and itching vanished after about 4 or 5 months on rpd, until today/tonight.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 02:33:00 pm »
Well have you been eating primarily fish throughout those months eczema free?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 04:49:32 pm »
I did a 100% raw seafood diet and 1  of raw seafood and raw plants only. It didn't work and I got worse on it. Zero-carb is only really sustainable long-term if one eats a lot of raw animal fat from land mammals(seafood is too lean).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 08:41:42 pm »
I had eczema in 2005 and got well by 2006 and went RPD 2008.  From time to time there were minor eczema detoxes as Aajonus described them.  Maybe old stuff just needed detoxing out. the body.

You are describing wai diet.

You may want to increase your fat intake with raw eggs.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 12:39:56 am »
It's not really Wai diet is it? He said 12 Salmon fillets and 3-5 pieces of fruit(>1/2 fatty fruit), where as I thought Wai is more like 12 pieces of fruit and 1 Salmon fillet..
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 06:09:52 pm »
Well have you been eating primarily fish throughout those months eczema free?

I did eat a lot of fish yes, but also fruit and chicken.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 06:23:16 pm »
I did a 100% raw seafood diet and 1  of raw seafood and raw plants only. It didn't work and I got worse on it. Zero-carb is only really sustainable long-term if one eats a lot of raw animal fat from land mammals(seafood is too lean).

Yes I already had this feeling. I think salmon and tuna etc are just considered fatty/oily fish because they are fattier/oilier than the majority of other fish species. On the wild salmon packaging it says the fat content  is approx 5% and only 1% is saturated fat. But that's why I was only considering ZC piscivorous diet for a week max, because I thought maybe the carbs from the watermelon was causing the itching.

You may want to increase your fat intake with raw eggs.

I used to eat a lot of organic free-range raw chicken eggs, during which time my eczema seemed to be getting worse and worse. I suspected it might be due to an egg allergy or something. But i'm not certain that the eggs were responsible, because i was eating large quantities of lamb that was not 100% grass-fed or organic, so maybe it was due to a build up of antibiotics or artificial hormones that may have been in the lamb.
So I am considering trying eggs again, but I only want to eat fertilized eggs. If I can i would like to get duck eggs, just because of the possibility that I am sensitive to chicken eggs, like your son I believe?

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 03:19:51 am »

Very true, I got sick on a diet that was too lean. As did stefannson in Bellevue. More fat and I was good.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk