Author Topic: bulking on this diet..  (Read 5037 times)

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
bulking on this diet..
« on: July 29, 2010, 07:09:52 am »
is it possible to bulk(put on muscle), while on a raw meat/fat diet..

always figured u needed carbs.. do i need to take carbs post work out? or has anyone here successfully gained a lot of weight while eating only fat/protein

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: bulking on this diet..
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 08:46:31 am »
It's definitely possible.
I personally put on a couple pounds one week after some hard exercise which followed a couple weeks of little exercise. Very little of the weight was water or fat so it had to be lean mass.
I'm also starting up a regular bodyweight routine with emphasis on push-ups. I'll post up photos in my journal and you will see the change over the next couple weeks. I'm noticing bulking as well as firming of the skin similar to my normal carb days but I'm as close to raw ZC as you can be most days (a tiny bit of liver once or twice a week).
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 09:00:49 am »
im thinking of adding like 3-4 bananas a day, thats only 400 calories from carbs, and carbs = good for muscle building..

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 09:10:14 am »
im thinking of adding like 3-4 bananas a day, thats only 400 calories from carbs, and carbs = good for muscle building..
From my personal experience carbs are good for building bulk because you retain extra water in the muscle. The muscle's not as functional as can be. If that works for you though go for it. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 10:46:12 am »
yup if i eat 3-4 bananas spaced out, thats only 400 calories, the rest of my 3000+ calories are from protein/fat, i think ill be ok..

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 02:20:28 pm »
You may want to try some workout forums that offer a section on low carb body building.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk