Author Topic: Regarding Clay  (Read 1997 times)

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Regarding Clay
« on: November 30, 2014, 09:43:01 pm »
Hi!! any of you know if ANY kind of clay is good to eat/drink with water?

i have searched information, but always they are "special" clays. (and oh surprise, you have to buy them -_- )

is the clay from the soil of my garden (really clayey) safe to drink?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 01:52:25 am by ciervo-chaman »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Clay
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:33:51 am »
The quality of your garden clay depends on many things. First of all, how good is the clay in the first place? Some clays are more absorbent than others. The ones that are sold tend to be very absorptive.

Second of all, how has that earth been used? Was there ever anything that could have contaminated it: fertilizers, petroleum products like gasoline or oil?

Buying a commercial clay gives you some assurance that other people are consuming that clay without dire results. You could have your clay analyzed for the qualities and purity that you are looking for.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Clay
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 12:58:50 am »
i know how to purify the soil to just get they clay of it. its very simple but it will not take out others pollutants (in this garden i have never put any fertilizer nor any wierd thing, but i cant know for sure about the 100 past years). this soil is being used to grow plants (edible). and they grow fine

i have read some guys here in argentina stating that you can eat whatever soil (even without "purifying" it to clay) , even mixing it with herbs and seeds to make it more "nutritious" .

I would like to know someone else that has tried it. cause these guys are really weird, like vegan and really distorting info.. i can't trust them anymore!

thanks !!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 01:52:42 am by ciervo-chaman »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk