Author Topic: State Legislatures considering banning raw milk?  (Read 2143 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
State Legislatures considering banning raw milk?
« on: August 01, 2010, 09:54:07 am »
What is this about? It's the first I've heard of this.
Money & Company
TRACKING THE MARKET AND ECONOMIC TRENDS
THAT SHAPE YOUR FINANCES.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2010/07/raw-milk-raid-rawesome-venice-video-raw-food-.html

".... The U.S. Food and Drug Administration advises that milk, as well as honey and some other grocery products, be pasteurized prior to human consumption.

Pasteurization heats the milk to a specific temperature for a period of time to quash harmful bacteria and other contaminants. Some enzymes are destroyed in the process – a loss that regulators say is crucial to maintain food safety, but one raw-milk advocates say undercuts potential health benefits.

The FDA bans the interstate sale of the stuff. But states have been getting into the raw-milk mix this legislative session with 12 related bills introduced in nine states – Idaho, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont and Wisconsin. ...."
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: State Legislatures considering banning raw milk?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 09:58:56 am »
I dont even drink raw milk but Im sick of this bull shit.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk