Author Topic: What is the science behind raw food? Why does everyone eat raw?  (Read 2090 times)

Offline lorenclayton

• Forager
    • View Profile
What is the science behind raw food? Why does everyone eat raw?
« on: October 01, 2017, 06:08:54 pm »
Hello

I've had IBS all my life but recently found a complete remission of symptoms by the following diet:

Breakfast: steamed green beans, carrots, pumpkin & zucchini. A pot of black tea.
Lunch: salad vegetables: cucumber, gherkins, olives, cherry tomatoes, carrot
Dinner: beef bone broth with 1 piece of liver with carrot, celery, carrot, green beans

I had complete evacuation with this diet the next day and no IBS symptoms at all. I'm guessing the cause of my IBS is low stomach acid. Salads and vegetables generally are cellular, watery foods. Francis Pottenger theorised that digestive juices are hydrophilic and are attracted to cellular foods, as well as to gelatin, but I can't actually find any other scientific studies to back this up. 

Does anyone know of any formal studies that show a definite connection between raw food / vegetables and ease of digestion?

Thanks.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: What is the science behind raw food? Why does everyone eat raw?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 10:04:47 am »
Congratulations on your remission of IBS!

Why raw?

Just like in your experience, there are shared experiences, and sometimes it comes down to an art and a science.

Remember that some of the studies are $$$$$ profit driven, so verify with your own personal experiments.

And if those experiments come out well, then who's to argue with success?

Some people get well from disease.
Then they continue to get better, stronger.
Then they continue to look younger, stay younger.
If it is working for the individual, then hey, good for him / her.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: What is the science behind raw food? Why does everyone eat raw?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 04:25:23 pm »
Scientists doing food-science studies are mostly in the pay of the big corporations, and  big corporations hate raw foods as they have a much shorter shelf-life than overly pasteurised, overly-processed precooked foods. Also, a scientist doing a study on raw-meat-eaters would generally be foolishly terrified of future  lawsuits in case the patients in the study had food-poisoning and started lawsuits etc., which is why they are so thin on the ground.

On the other hand, there are 10s of 1000s of scientific studies showing the harm caused by eating cooked foods. Here is a small sample thereof:-

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/info-on-toxins-in-cooked-foods/
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk