Author Topic: How much calcium do you really need  (Read 2602 times)

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
How much calcium do you really need
« on: February 28, 2019, 06:11:59 am »
So I decided to cut out all dairy, raw and pasteurized, since there are too many controversial things surrounding it, such as overload of calcium, estrogen, origins, to name a few. I was eating it for years and I wanna see what effect this discontinuity has. Now by cutting that out I also cut out my main source of calcium. Now the question arises how much calcium does one really need? Apparently we need 1000-1200mg per day, but I donĀ“t trust the "common knowledge", so anybody able to shed some light in terms of approx. daily mg on a raw and cooked diet?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: How much calcium do you really need
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 06:14:26 am »
Try some raw walnut nuts or raw brazil nuts.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 06:30:04 am »
yeah I eat walnuts a lot lately. Brazil nuts im not sure. Might be too high in selenium and they are expensive. Walnuts are great and off the charts when it comes to omega 3, sometimes I wonder if nature intended them to look like a brain.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 06:36:06 am »
I don't think it's a question of how much calcium but how to get it where it belongs. Most people die from too much calcium in the form of heart attacks built up as plaque in their arteries or from strokes caused by calcium build up in the brain. Calcium also builds up in the muscles and causes pain in the form of bursitis. Ironically most of these same people have a lack of calcium in their bones.

Also I've read that calcium is not needed at all if you get enough available silicone in your diet. I read about an experiment where chickens were totally devoid of all calcium and the group that was given no silicone at all died while the ones that were given plenty of silicone in their diets developed a healthy normal skeletal structure.

I've read that vitamin D and K are responsible for depositing calcium. I think that vitamin D helped the body retain it and vitamin K got it to go where it was needed from where it was not. For a while I was taking a vitamin K supplement but didn't notice any effects, good or bad from it. I been trying to get vitamin d from plenty of sunlight and vitamin K from my diet. Leafy greens and organ meats are to of the highest sources of vitamin K in food but one of the reasons I been interested in natto lately is because it is by far the richest natural source of vitamin K on the planet. No other food comes even close.

Diatomaceous earth is the easiest source of silicone to come by. I'm not sure how absorbable it is. Bamboo extract is supposed to be more absorbable. I can't think of any food sources of silicone at the moment. Oat straw tea is supposed to contain a lot of it.

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 06:48:13 am »
did u mean silica?

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 05:55:19 pm »
Yep!