Author Topic: Mixing Different Animal Products  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Mixing Different Animal Products
« on: August 07, 2010, 11:47:36 pm »
Is it safe to mix animal products from different animals? For example, eating lamb fat with beef steaks?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Mixing Different Animal Products
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 12:26:05 am »
It's seems better not to (at least during the first 10 years of raw paleo...). I avoid it and eat a single animal food per meal, except for seafood. If you're on a seashore, you can very often find different animal foodstuff around you, but on the contrary it's unusual on the land.

Eating two different kind of animals meat in a meal can make you feel very heavy.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 12:40:02 am »
I concur based on my own experience.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 08:49:36 am »
Lol. I often have beef and pork with eggs and feel great.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 06:10:57 pm »
  Most people who come to rawpalaeo diets tend to have seriously compromised digestive systems, so that things like eating raw ground meats instead of solid, non-processed raw meats cause digestive issues;  combining raw plant foods with raw animal foods is also a problem and some people even find that mono-eating is necessary in order to have better digestion.

This issue re digestion is crucial for many as the body seems to do a lot of its healing when one is not digesting. That is why AV's constant recommendations to eat all the time are such a bad idea, and why many RVAFers practice Intermittent Fasting.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 07:01:19 pm »

Thanks for sharing your experience.

- You’re lucky to have so much choice of animal stuff: actually I have no eggs (my hens, ducks and goose don’t lay in this period of the year) and I finished the half of a lamb I got from a friend. Yesterday I had to buy a kg of tuna fish and I ate it all. I’m waiting for the 5 kg of wild boar I ordered, expected to arrive on Tuesday. Till then I’ll probably have to survive on plant foodstuff… and believe me, I’m not overjoyed about that! :'(

- In Europe, animal food of suitable quality of is hard to find and very expensive.
- In nature, you wouldn’t find any pork nor beef and hen’s eggs. You would very seldom find simultaneously bird’s eggs, wild boar and bison to eat at the same meal, for example.
- How long have you followed such a diet? Perhaps you didn’t eat enough animal food previously and your body is currently filling a need due to past privations?
- One may feel great for a while on a totally unsustainable and/or unsuitable diet.
- It will be interesting to know whether you can follow this diet without troubles during say, 8 or 10 years.

Cheers
Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 09:42:20 am »
Francois, I've been Zero Carb for 1.6 years now. It just keeps getting better and better! I am in the best health and body composition of my life and feel very positive about the future!  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk