Author Topic: Meat  (Read 8035 times)

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Meat
« on: August 11, 2010, 06:14:51 pm »
Gcb, Iguana, Susan and other instinctos or omnivore raw food eaters,

How much meat  (including fish etc.) approximately do you eat?

And do you think that there is a kind of "standard" of how much meat instinctos should eat or another standard or rule regarding animal food?

Gcb, you wrote that "one of main rules of instinctive nutrition precisely specifies that one should not remain more than a few weeks blocked to a food category." What exactly can I do or try if I remain blocked?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Meat
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:43:16 pm »
I eat around 500 grams = 1/2 kilo of raw meat a day.
Sometimes more, sometimes less.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 08:51:21 pm »
GS, oh, I eat much less on average.

Gcb, and what exactly is a "food category"? Are for example (1) fish, (2) innards, (3) the muscle meat of land animals separate food categories? Does it matter if I don´t eat the muscle meat of land animals over months but if I do eat innards, fish etc.?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:54:43 pm »
I used to just eat around less than 300 grams a day.
I increased my meat intake to help me gain weight.
So from 120 lbs, I'm now 125 lbs.
Short at 5' 5"
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 09:10:33 pm »
I would say, 1 large meal a day of raw meat, plus extras of raw plants.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 09:21:39 pm »
The last weeks I ate between 500 und 1000 grams/week. Sometimes I need more, sometimes less. I don't think that there is a kind of standard of how much meat instinctos should eat. It depends on induvidual needs.

Muscle meat, innards and fish aren't different food categories but before I try to explain the term "food category" in english I show you following article: Der Ernährungs-Fahrplan nach Arjuna

I hope this article will help you. :)

If you remain blocked to a certain food (not only to a food category) for example fish, try small pieces of the product over and over agian. Maybe it will take days, sometimes even weeks, but at the end the blockade will vanish. If you want something to know about the funktion of blockades und disgust I can send you another article written in german.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 01:54:22 am »
TD, what exactly does "large meal" mean to you?

If you remain blocked to a certain food (not only to a food category) for example fish, try small pieces of the product over and over agian. Maybe it will take days, sometimes even weeks, but at the end the blockade will vanish.

This helped me to eat fish, liver etc. in satisfying amounts, but not the muscle meat of land animals.

If you want something to know about the funktion of blockades und disgust I can send you another article written in german.

Ok. But I have no disgust at all, just early instinctive stops.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 03:29:40 am »
I eat 0-1800g/day of meat instincto. Generally 800-1400.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 03:36:28 am »
I eat around 500 grams = 1/2 kilo of raw meat a day.
Sometimes more, sometimes less.

What else do you eat if you only eat that much? I'm interested in other people's diets. For someone your size that is def appropriate though. Im 170 and eat 2lbs a day, sometimes less. I also juice raw vegetables and drink them, as I find eating plain raw vegetables repulsive. Thats about all I eat along with fat, coconut, fruit, raw honey. I like to keep it simple
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 02:10:02 pm »
How much meat  (including fish etc.) approximately do you eat?

It varies widely from  day to day from perhaps between zero to 2 kg (I never check the weight of what I eat). But I like to have some raw animal food every day (or almost everyday) be it meat, fish, shellfish or eggs. For example, last night I ate just one kg of jackknife clams (grooved razor shells) - I know the weight because I bought 1 kg of them and ate it all.  

And do you think that there is a kind of "standard" of how much meat instinctos should eat or another standard or rule regarding animal food?

No, why would there be any standard? The point is on the contrary that deviations from the average are the norm for us present-day humans because we are so much different of each other, unlike a herd of almost identical wild animals having always had the same live and the same food.

But I think we should as much as possible have at least one animal food available everyday and eat as much as we like of it.

This helped me to eat fish, liver etc. in satisfying amounts, but not the muscle meat of land animals.
Ok. But I have no disgust at all, just early instinctive stops.

Did you try aged muscle? For me it’s much better aged hung in the fridge 1 or 2 months or even more: more often than not I don’t really like fresh muscle meat.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 02:23:14 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 03:12:22 pm »
What else do you eat if you only eat that much? I'm interested in other people's diets. For someone your size that is def appropriate though. Im 170 and eat 2lbs a day, sometimes less. I also juice raw vegetables and drink them, as I find eating plain raw vegetables repulsive. Thats about all I eat along with fat, coconut, fruit, raw honey. I like to keep it simple

This morning I drank coconut juice, ate a slice of avocado and 2 rambutan fruit.
I went to the wet market early to buy B12 rich foods for my wife so I got to taste stuff like an oyster,  a clam, some sea weed,  beef liver.

Had a saba banana.

This lunch, had a good amount of horse meat. A few minutes later a green orange / dalanghita.

I don't know how I will feel tonight.

I'm just a computer geek.  Not much daily physical activity.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 10:25:48 pm »

No, why would there be any standard? The point is on the contrary that deviations from the average are the norm for us present-day humans because we are so much different of each other, unlike a herd of almost identical wild animals having always had the same live and the same food.

But there are some de facto-standards. For example, instinctos eat usually more meat than fish.

Did you try aged muscle? For me it’s much better aged hung in the fridge 1 or 2 months or even more: more often than not I don’t really like fresh muscle meat.

Yes. But my meat always became hard as stone, if I left it in the fridge for such a long time, as far as I remember. Isn´t your meat hard as stone after more than two months?

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 10:28:22 pm »
@all ("carnivores"/zerocarblers too!):
Do you prefer the meat fresh or aged (and how long aged)? Do you season or grind it?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 04:27:29 am »
But there are some de facto-standards. For example, instinctos eat usually more meat than fish.

It depends where I am and local availability. In the tropics, near the sea, I eat a lot of fish and almost no meat while here I eat more meat and shellfish than fish.

Yes. But my meat always became hard as stone, if I left it in the fridge for such a long time, as far as I remember. Isn´t your meat hard as stone after more than two months?

What matters is the size of the piece. Large pieces can be kept longer because only the surface becomes hard, the core remaining soft up to 3 months in case of big pieces. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk