Author Topic: Autism explained  (Read 136746 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Autism explained
« Reply #275 on: February 15, 2015, 01:24:49 pm »
I do my best. I remember how little I knew 15 years ago, when I was just getting into alternative health, and how evidence-based I was NOT, after I got into being 100% raw. It took quite a few years to even get the basics of my diet set, and there were sooooo many mistakes along the way.  I try to be patient, given how headstrong and ignorant I was. I'm still headstrong, just not quite as ignorant.

The problem is threefold--

1. Cultures do have a irrational bias toward cooking, plus grains consumption, in most cases, so research that questions cooking/grains is ignored/discouraged. That makes it hard to gather solid evidence on those issues.

2. As a result, when many people find out that the scientific community ALSO is prone to these biases, they stop trusting ALL nutritional science, and just listen to raw food gurus. 

3. Adding in the intentional suppression of nutritional facts by Big Pharma, plus their billions spent on pushing their drugs, just makes the trust issue worse.

so you end up with a lot of guru-followers.

Plus the fact that science education is inadequate doesn't help.

So this is the place where guru-worship goes to DIE. LOL and be reborn as open-minded, evidence-based ongoing inquiry, hopefully.

Nothing personal against the gurus, but that stuff is NOT helping. Actually, there are some vegan gurus that I have personal grudges against, but that's my own issue. They are a parasitic species that cannot survive if the host is healthy. Fix the ignorance, and they are no longer a problem. They are symptoms of an imbalance at the societal/cultural/species levels.
In my opinion.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2015, 03:36:27 am »
I too, appreciate CKs slogging, very much so.

On the areas we agree I find you a powerful aid in the effort to dispel irrational notions.... and on the areas we disagree I find your strong opposition, a motivation to dig deeper, in the way a Muse may inspire great art.

As for this being a place for gurus to die... where upon their funeral heap of broken logic, the wisdom of ages is composted and used to nourish the open mind..........that's one way to view what we do.

I would also say that its a place where the ideologies brought forth by certain gurus and other eminent thinkers, can duke it out, in the theater of the mind. There are fundamental differences of personal values that cannot be argued over, there are times when Primates will like whatever they like, logic and reason be damned. No matter how advanced or primitive,  be it a banana or a theosophical stance, the monkeys have thier preferences and the Monks have their own. It can be a free for all sometimes, where there is much chicanery, obfuscation, and poo throwing, but often times breakthroughs are made that make this enterprise worthwhile, for those who participate.

Some eastern thinkers, of long ago began to believe that ignorance is an inherent part of the human mind, and that it will never be able to be " fixed" in a worldly way, though by practicing a disciplined life, one may be able to best cope with, or even transcend human limitations and sufferings.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 03:56:03 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2015, 03:43:22 am »
Well now that we are having a hug-fest ;) I agree wholeheartedly. Somebody somewhere always dredges up something that challenges those last remaining vestiges of your firm opinions.

Now I have a progeny who is a raw vegan.....
Cheers
Al

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2015, 07:58:43 am »
Although I'm not religious, I like this quote from the Bible--"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." --Proverbs 27:17.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2015, 08:01:12 am »
Well now that we are having a hug-fest ;) I agree wholeheartedly. Somebody somewhere always dredges up something that challenges those last remaining vestiges of your firm opinions.

Now I have a progeny who is a raw vegan.....

ROFL on the hug-fest.

At least your kid eats raw. Just make sure they're getting plenty of fat and trace minerals, and maybe get them to read chapters 15-19 of Dr.  Price's book. That's what converted me away from veganism.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2015, 08:11:26 am »
Our children are of course just like us. It is amazing how similar we are. I went through phases and so understand that preaching is useless.

I understand about the fat, that was my first statement. I'll check out Dr. Price's book, thanks for the heads up.

I know she likes to eat fat and I gave some suggestions re: fats and sweet foods.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 08:33:24 am by raw-al »
Cheers
Al

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 16, 2015, 11:04:14 am »
Yeah, a year or two of high-fat raw veganism is not going to cause any lasting problems, most likely. Try to get her to read those chapters, though. They saved me from wasting even more time than I already had.

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2015, 12:52:27 am »
Don't know if anyone has seen this, but has very interesting points: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj5XjATNHuw

It becomes more and more obvious that vaccines have absolutely nothing to do with prevention of diseases...

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2015, 05:40:17 am »
Interesting on how drugs can be marketed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItXb6yXntNY
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk