Author Topic: Raw Paleo Forum Chat  (Read 28162 times)

Offline PrimalLadyRosy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Primal Diet Friends
Re: Raw Paleo Forum Chat
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 08:42:21 pm »
Quote from: Adora link=topic=3434.msg78353#m
. I want to chat, what are folks doing? I live in Syr, NY anybody nearby? I guess I want to chat about 6pm EST, I need to go now, I've been reading about you all for hours, and would love if people would post which site to chat on,

I hosted a skype chat yesterday at 6pm eastern. Besides cheating on bacon and sausage (I assume not raw?) What is your diet like?
I am the creator of the primal diet friends social networking site, thanks to Jim and Barbara Ellingson's suggestion.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 12:05:10 am »
I just had raw beef liver, marinated in lemon (grass feed but frozen), an apple, and celery (not organic, but raw). I have felt better physically, my cravings have decreased, b/c I finally feel nourished, and I like the primal part of it. I feel like I'm caged a lot and  in my home, car, and especially at work. I like eating raw meat b/c I feel more primal and true to myself. I ate baked chicken with cheese on it that people brought to work for a party. I thought it would be OK, but it made me pretty sick. So, this morning when I made bacon and eggs for my daughter I didn't eat it.
I would like some feedback on how I'm doing. I am pleased with my progress and I want to eat more fresh meat and make high meat. I can get grass feed steak from the local grocery store that hasn't been frozen, but I don't think it is grass finished, it says organic. There is also fresh, not frozen duck that doesn't say organic. I want to hunt, but I haven't yet. I want to do as well as I can with raw paleo choices, but I don't want to stress out and spend all of my time thinking about it, I've spent hours reading this site and some other stuff and I just got started. I don't want to cheat anymore. Before I thought it wouldn't have much effect as long as it was cooked paleo, but I know better now. I work full time as an LPN. I am very close to finishing school for my RN.  I have a daughter and a husband that I cook paleo for. That has been tough b/c I smell hot paleo food cooking and serve them and sit down to cold meat. I like the raw, but I am always cold unless I am running or exercising.
It has been a rainy cold fall. I wish I had started raw paleo in summer, does anybody know if there is anything to do to raise body temp. I have had my thyroid checked and it was OK. Still I'm trying to get a hold of fresh venison thyroid. I am also a type diabetic and I wonder if raw pancrease might help. Does anybody know where the thyroid is located on a deer? My neighbor has a venison processing plant and he mostly tosses the heads in the trash. I am going to get what I can he doesn't want to give me or sell me much, he is friendly, I don't understand the rules of venison exchange.  I was given some of last years venison from a friend. It was wrapped in paper and doesn't taste good. I like frozen venison, but this isn't as good, it isn't horrible, but  I'm wondering if I'll get much health benefit from old frozen meat. I can give it to my doggy. I drink lots of tea, to stay warm, I'm also making chicken neck bone broth, to eat warm, but will it be healthy? I thought I try and find out, I add lots of hot pepper to my food, but nothing makes me any warmer. Hot food doesn't make me warmer either, it is just seems more inviting when I'm always cold. I want to be hardy. I would love your suggestions.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 12:10:15 am »
PrimalLadyRosie don't I need your email to get on skype? I would like to do it. Does anybody live near Syracuse NY? I have a skype can you add me? I haen't used it much but I am willing.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 05:29:48 am »
My neighbor has a venison processing plant and he mostly tosses the heads in the trash. I am going to get what I can he doesn't want to give me or sell me much, he is friendly, I don't understand the rules of venison exchange.
You can't sell game meat in New York. You can give it away though.

I was given some of last years venison from a friend. It was wrapped in paper and doesn't taste good. I like frozen venison, but this isn't as good, it isn't horrible, but  I'm wondering if I'll get much health benefit from old frozen meat.
I've had venison that was over a year old given to me. I ate it and while it did taste a bit different it still felt more nourishing than farmed grassfed/finished  meat. Your mileage may vary.

I can give it to my doggy. I drink lots of tea, to stay warm, I'm also making chicken neck bone broth, to eat warm, but will it be healthy? I thought I try and find out, I add lots of hot pepper to my food, but nothing makes me any warmer. Hot food doesn't make me warmer either, it is just seems more inviting when I'm always cold. I want to be hardy. I would love your suggestions.
[/quote]
If the chickens are truly pastured the broth should be pretty good for you. Obviously you will be trading off some benefits as it's not raw but it'll have lots of collagen and minerals in it.
I sometimes have issues with the cold. I find that an early morning run and an earlier lunch with lots of fat will help me warm up. My personal experience is the run (or other intense physical exercise) gets my body processing the fat better and I get more energy out of it ramping my core temperature up.

I'm in New York Adora but hours away from you. I live it Putnam and Work in Dutchess Counties. :)
The chat never really picked up. We had a couple chats but everyone is so busy and from different time zones that it never congealed here.

There is a raw foods group on Facebook with a number of our members here as members there. You might be able to add some of them and chat through Facebook. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2011, 11:09:14 am »
Thanks, I love the facebook site. I wish I could pickle the yr+ frozen venison, or even try the high meat, but they say on this site it doesn't work with frozen. I bought some fresh beef, clams, muscles, and duck (so good), and this Sat I'm going to pick out a turkey, butcher it myself and eat it. This is a big exciting step for me. I hope I'm not being to explicit, but I'm so excited to eat this bird warm. I'm not going to eat until I get there, so I'm good and hungry. My daughter, bless her heart, is eating all of this with me and asked if she could kill the next turkey. Have we gone nuts? I swear this is a whole new part of me emerging. It is fun to face all of these fears and taboos and see how ridiculous I've been all of my life.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk