Author Topic: farm boy->vegetarian->instincto->paleo->raw paleo!  (Read 2422 times)

Offline daoist

• Forager
    • View Profile
farm boy->vegetarian->instincto->paleo->raw paleo!
« on: August 19, 2010, 02:42:05 am »
I grew up on a dairy farm in Arkansas running naked through the woods and drinking raw milk.

At the age of 12, I witnessed my father and grandfather kill and butcher a pig who's piglets I'd played with.  I became a lacto-ovo vegetarian for 22 years.

At the end of my admittedly not very healthy vegetarian phase, I developed a bad case of sciatica.  I'd wake up in the morning feeling like someone had beat my butt with a baseball bat.  I could hardly walk.  I went to see an alternative kind of chiropractor and he said, "You're full of shit."  He suggested I do "Fit for Life".

This natural hygiene way of eating immediately flushed out my intestines (I lost 8 pounds in one day) and cured my sciatica.

But this got me to rethinking human diet, so I toyed around with Instinctive Nutrition for a while and eventually came across paleo.  I read Neanderthin, Paleo Diet, etc. and became a convert.  I noticed two distinct changes when I reintroduced meat into my diet.  My short term memory greatly increased and my ability to drive without falling asleep greatly increased.

So I've been sort of a junk-food paleo, much like I was a junk-food vegetarian.  Last week, I met some decade long raw people and thought maybe I should step up my commitment to healthy paleo eating and go raw!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: farm boy->vegetarian->instincto->paleo->raw paleo!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 04:02:07 am »
Welcome to the forum! Interesting dietary journey!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Rawman1

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 01:48:42 am »
Good for you looking beyond the vegetarian phase you were in, and understanding what you needed to do!

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 02:03:13 am »
Welcome to Daoist !

How did you know about and practiced Instinctive Nutrition? What differences with your actual Paleo diet?

Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 06:03:33 am »
Nice Journey... welcome!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk