Author Topic: fake meat within 5 years  (Read 5800 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
fake meat within 5 years
« on: August 19, 2010, 05:46:09 am »
http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/2009/11/29/artificial-meat-grown-in-lab-on-plates-within-five-years/

They are cloning animal fat and mussel cells in huge vats and are going to feed it to the whole world,in order to save the environment (can we eat it raw) :)

At least it might replace soy
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: fake meat within 5 years
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 08:45:36 am »
Gross!
Cheers
Al

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 03:23:43 pm »
how is this really tat different from boloney and other lunch meats?
soylent green is cloned hybrid cow-people!

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 05:16:20 am »
ew, I hope not.. or if they do, I hope at least they clone healthy grass-fed cow meat. 
I don't think I'd eat it, even if you could safely and socially acceptably eat it raw.  I like natural stuff.
ew and imagine if they figure out ways to flavour it, so you could buy meat that already tasted like BBQ or something, UGH.

figured eventually everything was going to change to artificial foods, though, or to just taking pills and never having to actually eat anything.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 06:48:39 am »
In Orwell's 1984 Winston and his commrads are served fake meat as part of their rations.
The day will come were big Agra will decide that real food is just not worth the effort to produce in order to feed the serfs, and just as soy is now forced on school kids and prisoners, this fake meat will be forced into the food supply in order to save rich men money, at the expense of the health of the working slave

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 06:43:39 am »
Okay. Panic attack.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 07:14:32 am »
Its more like rage against the machine.

I know artificial food is being engineered for the profit of the wealthy at the expense of my self

This synthetic future food will not corrupt the vitality of my progeny, so help me

You better believe that the ruling class wont be the first in line to eat soggy cloned pork.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 04:15:35 pm »
The researchers extracted cells from the muscle of a live pig and incubated them in an animal product broth. The cells then multiplied to create muscle tissue.

wait...so isn't that basically a tumor? That is foul!

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 07:08:56 pm »
the cancer that will kill us all..
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 07:20:39 pm »
edible cancer yummy.

my grandmother visited a pork slaughter house when she was young and told me that all the pigs were infested with tumors, the visible tumors were cut off and the rest was thrown in the meat grinder, I wonder how much cancer people have eatten this way already -\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk