Author Topic: How much fat do you eat?  (Read 5381 times)

Offline ThatWasJustYourLife84

• Trapper
    • View Profile
How much fat do you eat?
« on: August 20, 2010, 11:18:50 pm »
Just curious. I think I've been eating too much of it actually.

I just ate a raw ground beef, suet meal which had about 54 grams of fat and 35 grams of protein roughly.

If I do this 3 times per day it would be about 160 grams of fat or so and 105 grams of protein. Is this a pretty good number to have, or should I be eating more fat?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: How much fat do you eat?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 12:05:46 am »
More than enough fat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 12:23:21 am »
Interesting. I wonder if eating too much fat as been hindering results.

Before I was eating between 250-300 grams of fat per day, with zero carbs. Maybe I've just been eating too much period.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 01:56:05 am »
Interesting. I wonder if eating too much fat as been hindering results.

Before I was eating between 250-300 grams of fat per day, with zero carbs. Maybe I've just been eating too much period.

What result(s) are you aiming for?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 09:11:36 pm »
What result(s) are you aiming for?

Trying to get healthy and sustained energy levels. It looks like eating too much fat actually hinders this for me.

I'm in a tight spot. Carbs in significant amounts cause reactive hypoglycemia and candida problems.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 09:17:41 pm »
Eat more meat then...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 09:34:03 pm »
Trying to get healthy and sustained energy levels.

I would say the actual process of getting healthy uses up a lot of energy. Once you have actually gotten healthy your energy levels should increase.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk