Author Topic: Yon and GS meet up - you should too!  (Read 18309 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Yon and GS meet up - you should too!
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 02:44:32 pm »
Anyone comig to SoCal is welcome to drop by my humble home.  I'd offer my famous Chocolate Chip Cookies or my super duper apple pie as an enticment, but maybe for this group I should offer Slankers pet food!

We could do a jerky and/or pemmican demo as well if anyone is interested.

Lex

You have a spare couch?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2010, 11:17:48 pm »
I wish I wasn't poor.

Funny you say that, Sully... because you are, literally, like one of the richest people I know. :)  Anybody would be blessed to have a fraction of your wealth. <3

I'd offer my famous Chocolate Chip Cookies or my super duper apple pie as an enticment, but maybe for this group I should offer Slankers pet food!

Knowing me, Lex, I'll probably want a slice of apple pie and two cookies with a small side of Slankers pet food... and whatever sweet your wife may have made, for dessert. :D

cinna, an annual meet up sounds awesome! i hope i can make it over to socal whenever ioanna decides. would be fun. im contemplating going up to oregon sometime relatively soon so maybe i could work socal into that... party at lex's! jk, kind of. by the way, which other rpders have you met up with in socal?

I haven't met any others yet. I've only heard about them (heard about one woman from pet store owner; heard about two guys from pastured cattle supplier; heard about one woman from my sister - one of my sister's former hairdressers). I did run into a sweet gal at farmers market who had actually read "Raw to Radiant." It's wild because as strangers, we actually split a bag of salad mix at farmers market BEFORE we even started talking... The farmer asked me how my raw diet was going and she overheard so we started talking.

She hadn't tried raw meat yet. I gave her my contact info but she hasn't called. :'(  She was so cool too. I'm hoping that she hasn't called yet because she's so busy with her 19-month old and/or lost my number - and that it's not because she doesn't want to be my friend. ;)  I was so excited to talk to her. I don't know anybody else who has read that book. I'm still hoping that she'll call me when the time is right. :)

I haven't been to any potlucks yet and I intend to check out Rawesome Foods, but so far I've been out of shopping money when Wednesday rolls around.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2010, 07:25:43 am »
I'll meet fellow New Englanders. I've met Paleo Phil and he's awesome  :D

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2010, 08:41:16 am »
Thanks Katelyn, you too.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 10:46:57 am »
LOL money sucks  :P
Anyone living in or traveling through Az should let me know!
Unless I wwoof somewhere soon, this is where I am stuck

CitrusHigh

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2012, 10:23:35 pm »
GC and I met up! He's a cool fella! Then I had a WAPF friend who needed to get rid of some suet and GS was looking for tons of grassfed suet, was a good match! This winter I'm planning to visit around the US, definitely FL to see DaBoss if you're still down there Boss, since I already have the ticket. The thing is I need to get back to Uruguay also since I haven't been in 6ish years, which is an expensive ticket, so that will put a dent in time, but anyone in the MN/WI area is welcome to visit, you RVAF'ers always have a bed and facilities here, just give me a heads up. Stockholm, Wi, or I work in Mpls, MN. Cheers and thanks Ioanna for sharing the link to this thread!

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 06:25:31 am »
GC and I met up! He's a cool fella! Then I had a WAPF friend who needed to get rid of some suet and GS was looking for tons of grassfed suet, was a good match! This winter I'm planning to visit around the US, definitely FL to see DaBoss if you're still down there Boss, since I already have the ticket. The thing is I need to get back to Uruguay also since I haven't been in 6ish years, which is an expensive ticket, so that will put a dent in time, but anyone in the MN/WI area is welcome to visit, you RVAF'ers always have a bed and facilities here, just give me a heads up. Stockholm, Wi, or I work in Mpls, MN. Cheers and thanks Ioanna for sharing the link to this thread!
Where do you live man?

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, 06:28:44 am »
We live in Germany atm, but I'm from the US. I'd be happy to meet anyone in Europe sometime!

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2012, 06:40:26 am »

I can't wait! :D
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 11:54:54 pm »
I was passing through Kiev and met with Yuri (rawlion).  He is doing better thanks to milk and butter he is getting from the local farmer.  It would be easier for him to get access to his staples if he lived in the farm but he is working for a local congressman and spends most of his time in the office.

I did not have any raw animal food for the last two weeks except beef jerky from Yuri and salted pork belly fat which is widely available.   Surprisingly I did very good on cooked food considering numerous flights and train rides which were very exhausting.   Even though I did not feel any negative impact from cooked food I am happy to get back to raw meat.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2012, 10:47:17 am »
I'm really glad Yuri is doing better.  I felt bad for him.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2012, 08:47:31 pm »
Awesome you two!  Nice to see your pretty faces.

Wow YS, 2 weeks on cooked food only... that would make me feel shitty.  You are strong!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk