Author Topic: nootropic drugs  (Read 9285 times)

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
nootropic drugs
« on: March 04, 2009, 11:53:01 am »
What do you guys know or think about them? I'm looking for ways to enhance or alter my mental abilities.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: nootropic drugs
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 06:54:23 pm »
I would suggest avoiding any artificial drugs as they invariably carry side-effects over time. Funnily enough, wikipedia mentions that there are many natural cognitive enhancers such as royal jelly:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic
 - perhaps I should go back to that, I only ever bought 1 tiny tin of genuinely raw (well, prefrozen) royal jelly.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 07:22:30 pm »
    Eating raw eggs is nootropic.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 09:04:12 pm »
How about eating more brains?  Like enhances like?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 08:20:28 am »
  There's a problem with that in the US.  Brains here are considered dangerous to people.  Most gets thrown away, fed to animals or otherwise wasted.  I wish I could find some good brains.  Anyone know any sources?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

JaX

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 08:39:51 am »
  There's a problem with that in the US.  Brains here are considered dangerous to people.  Most gets thrown away, fed to animals or otherwise wasted.  I wish I could find some good brains.  Anyone know any sources?

Nobody can sell it to you legally, because of the BSE issue (which only has a few cases in the US, but a lot more in Europe). The protein causing BSE (mad cow) is said to accumulate in the brain and spinal cord of cattle (these have been tested in sick animals and have been shown to contain the prion, while the prion has not been found in muscle meat). The disease vCJD (a fatal, quickly progressize disease, for which there is no cure) is thought to be linked to eating of infected beef. Many cases have indirectly been linked to eating ground beef where some of the spinal cord/brain of a sick animal is thought to have been mixed in.

If you really want brain, you could try going to the slaughter plant where they slaughter the animals and ask them for it (they usually just throw it out) - but I don't think they would be very willing to give it to you. Another option is maybe a small farm, where the farm owners slaughter the animals themselves. Unfortunately though, even small local farms (who offer to ship you cuts of their meat) send their animals to be slaughtered at a "USDA inspected slaughter house" where the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) by law is removed.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:49:53 am by Seeker »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 08:49:44 am »
    Thank you for the ideas.  I think I'll work on getting some brains.  I tasted them years ago cooked.  They tasted ok, not bad.  I bet I'll like the taste much better raw.

LOL when I told an MD that I eat all raw and mostly meat and its fat, I got told "o, but the prions!! =]".  I know people got awfully sick from mad cow, but I'm really not worried they'll affect me bad if I come in contact with them.  I will keep aware though; because I realize many people could be very sensitive.

JaX

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 08:57:50 am »
    Thank you for the ideas.  I think I'll work on getting some brains.  I tasted them years ago cooked.  They tasted ok, not bad.  I bet I'll like the taste much better raw.

LOL when I told an MD that I eat all raw and mostly meat and its fat, I got told "o, but the prions!! =]".  I know people got awfully sick from mad cow, but I'm really not worried they'll affect me bad if I come in contact with them.  I will keep aware though; because I realize many people could be very sensitive.

According to what I've heard, cooking doesn't really disable the prion, so raw or cooked meat from an infected animal would be just as bad. How ignorant of that doc to say raw meat=prions..

I don't know what you mean that you will be "aware", since vCJD means certain death lol. But as you say, it has been hypothesized that only some individuals can contract it (that it depends on your genes, so to speak)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 12:46:17 pm »
Zero carb made me euphoric for 24hrs.

Fasting helps me focus.Dexies are pretty good for that too...
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 08:56:50 pm »

There's small farms with their own slaughterhouses(they're not allowed to sell cows' brains in the UK, but , technically, it's still legal to sell brains from other animals- so , maybe, it's the same in other countries). Also, you could buy whole wild game carcasses from hunters(who are nearly always farmers as few other professions have as much free time in the countryside).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 04:13:18 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 12:24:56 am »
How about Dr. Ron's? Does he have brain supplements?

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 12:46:54 am »
The thing is I'm not just trying to get a little more concentration. I'm looking to alter linguistic and musical associations in my brain for the purpose of writing music. After looking at it for a while I believe that some people have a natural knack for writing music, poetry, etc...and this is most likely related to the way their brain processes things like pattern recognition and other associations of the sounds of words and music and the ideas behind them, meanings and many other factors. I don't believe I have this natural knack and I'm looking for a way to obtain it.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 04:14:33 am »
How about Dr. Ron's? Does he have brain supplements?

Yes, he does.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 04:54:17 am »

Yes, he does.

Holy Mackerel!  Fresh brain, according to my small ranch family, is illegal in the US.  I see Dr. Ron uses New Zealand animals.  I wonder how he gets around this if it is freeze dried.  Shoot, I think I am going to do his supps, as I want thymus and a few others. 

I dunno but it's pretty stupid when mad cow is the scare and mad cow is nill and void basically worldwide.  Old time recipe books have brain galore.  I'll have to look at Fallon's NT book, see if she has brains.  The good news is: hunters can eat the brains of their kill ... so long as government inspectors aren't nearby.

Tyler, you remember all the BSE hype and statistics of hundreds of thousands dead by this time when they projected such things in the early 1990s, don't you?  I can't even give blood in the US because I lived in UK and must be rabid with prions by now.  Sheesh!

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 01:19:47 pm »
I'm looking to alter linguistic and musical associations in my brain for the purpose of writing music. ... related to the way their brain processes things like pattern recognition and other associations of the sounds of words and music and the ideas behind them, meanings and many other factors.

What instrument(s) do you play and for how long? When it comes to musical ability, practice practice practice.  You can't create unique and novel music w/o the ability to play it.  Also can depend on how old you are.  The older u get, the more your brain becomes set in its associations and established patterns.  The ability to do what u have already learned increases and gets refined, but novelty, creativity, spontaneity diminish somewhat.  This shouldn't be much of a concern tho until your getting upper 30s and 40s.

When it comes to writing, boredom is always a great way to get creativity out of myself.  Also, take up drawing a little, and make sure to draw/write with your non dominant hand - engages the other 1/2 of the brain.  Maybe try writing your dreams down and turn them in to stories and poetry.  But most importantly, just create and write.  Even if you do absolutely nothing with it, keep it around to check out later.  It will help months/years down the road.  You can keep the pieces you like and rework/recombine them, and it helps give you perspective.

Learning another language can help as well.

As you become more confident in your musical ability, and have some good ideas of things you'd like to compose lyrically, (and maybe you're there already); then you can start researching foods/herbs that have the potential to alter your perceptions in the kind of way your talking about.  Be aware, most of the things that do this in a marked, profound, and immediate way are unfortunately illegal.  But for information sake, I'll talk about a couple substances and how/what they can affect in relation to musical ability.

First a disclaimer, this is only for informative purposes, not to advocate illegal usage - this will depend on where you live. 

Marijuana - Ability to discern pitch seems to degrade, but timing, rhythm, and dynamic seem to increase.  Weed for some reason slows your perception of time, and makes more distinctive the spaces and volume between and of sound.  Also, expect a slight disassociation of thoughts and a slight increase in ability to link 'distant' sounds/notes/chords in ways that are both unique and pleasing to the ear.  When I speak of thought disassociation, I mean a degraded ability to process the patterns and associations which characterize normal perception; but with an accompanying increase in easily associating more distantly related objects.  A simple example:  sweet/sour as opposed to sweet/lemon. 

Mushrooms - Pitch and harmonics seem to resonate exceedingly well.  Expect a high level of thought disassociation far surpassing that of marijuana.  This will occur both wrt timing/rhythm, as well as chords/notes.  You see, all tones relate to each other based on harmonics and the tones which surround them - the same is true even for timing/rhythm.  I think this is one reason we enjoy music in the first place - our brains enjoy the  distinctive/repetitive  harmonic/acoustic  patterns inherent in music - otherwise its just random noise.  Mushrooms seem to trigger a distinct ability to discern less obviously and more distantly related harmonies, scales, chords, and timing structures.  The boundaries between your senses dissolve somewhat; in higher doses where you feel as if you can almost see sound.

No doubt some very interesting and unique music has been produced with the aid of psychedelics.  The Beatles, Dave Matthews, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, The Mars Volta just to name a few.

While I can't endorse anything illegal, if you do decide to use psychedelics, take caution and respect them.  This type of experience can be very enlightening, but also very intense and is not for everyone.  I have by no means given an exhaustive list of all effects, just some key ones related to music.  Make sure you are well researched on their full effects, and always start at a minimum threshold dose, and have someone you trust stay sober and watch over you for the duration.  Consume them within the purview of raw paleo (humans have been consuming pschedelics for millenia, well into the paleolithic).  Be aware of the laws in your area.

A lot of really good info on everything that has effects on the mind, from caffeine to LSD can be found on
www.erowid.org
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 10:54:33 pm »
Holy Mackerel!  Fresh brain, according to my small ranch family, is illegal in the US.  I see Dr. Ron uses New Zealand animals.  I wonder how he gets around this if it is freeze dried.  Shoot, I think I am going to do his supps, as I want thymus and a few others. 

I dunno but it's pretty stupid when mad cow is the scare and mad cow is nill and void basically worldwide.  Old time recipe books have brain galore.  I'll have to look at Fallon's NT book, see if she has brains.  The good news is: hunters can eat the brains of their kill ... so long as government inspectors aren't nearby.

Tyler, you remember all the BSE hype and statistics of hundreds of thousands dead by this time when they projected such things in the early 1990s, don't you?  I can't even give blood in the US because I lived in UK and must be rabid with prions by now.  Sheesh!

Yes I remember it. I was immediately sceptical and thought it was way overhyped. Mind you, the only reason why commercially-raised animals in the UK aren't all afflicted with a 100 different diseases is because they're routinely vaccinated dozens of times.

Re New Zealand:- Dr Ron buys from New Zealand because they never had a single case of BSE in their country so they never felt the need to introduce legislation against buying brains, plus new zealand has become very big in the nutritional supplements market, so it would be stupid for them to impose laws against selling glands or brains, and, unlike the UK, their government doesn't hate farmers as sheep are their main export.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 03:28:45 am »
I play guitar, have played for quite a while. I studied classical for a year at college. I can also play the bass, rudimentary drums, and I've taught myself some piano. I just bought a clavinova for that purpose, and to compose on. I took piano lessons as a kid but that doesn't count for anything now.

My main talents lie in physical chops, the ability to play instruments. I was the best student my first guitar teacher ever had and quickly surpassed everyone I knew in guitar playing ability. I was never a natural writer though and am working on that now.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 01:08:25 pm »
For anyone interested in following my journey here I'm also looking into hypnosis and other natural techniques for changing/enhancing mental abilities.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 06:53:09 pm »
You might be interested in the following  series of programs:-

http://www.thinkrightnow.com/

I got some benefits re my former anxiety condition with the help of thinkrightnow's anti-anxiety program, years ago, though the diet was, ultimately, more effective in an overall sense.

I know that most people are suspicious of such self-hypnosis tapes as they've heard that subliminals don't work, but this isn't like any normal subliminal tapes as you're meant to actually hear or read the various messages. It's based on the world-famous Lozanov Method, which further enhances its credibility.

It does take a lot of time to listen to the tapes(30 minutes last time I used them?), so you might prefer buying the "thinkrightnow for windows" cd-rom which "flashes" messages on your screen(you choose which type of message or you can create your own). That way, as long as you're using your computer, you'll be being influenced by it. Mind you, some of the messages are a bit dodgy such as the wealth-creation one - after all, one is hardly going to get rich via self-hypnosis.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Alomonger Pete

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 04:50:20 pm »
I've experimented with many different nootropics and while they do work, they only work while you are on them.  They don't provide lasting improvements.  I'd recommend saving up for some neurofeedback as this helps set the brain into new patterns and strengthen these neural connections.  Brain State Technologies seems to be the most effective neurofeedback going.  I'll be getting some next year and can't wait!

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 07:31:22 am »
I have been experiencing a peak in well being after an hour of intense yoga and breathing exercises, I feel like floating on cloud nine, I go home and feast, have lavishly decadent sex and wake up feeling free and easy(all of this can be had without drugs)
I also eat high meat and try to get plenty of sun, and participate in a Buddhist shanga, there is so much in nature that can enhance the mind if only the mind could be properly focused and tuned to embrace the wonders .

The raw diet has been the catalyst that has enabled me to persue the higher states of being I have been experiencing. I think it provides the raw matterials necessary for the production of optimal levels of neurotransmitters.  

There are chemical reactions in the brain that enhance the mind without the need for drugs, although it takes allot of effort and diligence as well as good nutrition to attain the peak experience of a natural high.

I have used LSD and Mushrooms when I was a teenager and caffeine as a child(caffeine is a gateway drug)

I used marijuana, and about killed myself with alcohol, and I regret every bit of it except for the  first LSD trips and the pot; which I believed helped me transind allot of the negative conditioning I received as a youth, although if I was taught the natural methods to elevate the spirit early on I don't believe that any mind altering drugs would of been necessary.

As for factory made brain enhancers, I will believe it when I see it. so far they all have side effects and don't improve the quality of the mind even if they speed up some of the brains cognitive functioning

I would like to feed on some raw brains and see what effects it has

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 07:47:34 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 12:32:10 am »
I would like to feed on some raw brains and see what effects it has
I had a disturbed and fitful sleep with vivid dreams the night I ate them. I also had anxiety the next day which is abnormal for me. Others were not able to corroborate my experiences with similar experiences, as far as I remember, so it would be interesting to hear your experiences. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 02:55:46 am »
Here are some nootropics I find effective for me in small amount, these are just my observations, when I am working they increase creativity, make me concentrate better etc.
PS. I am in no way condoning anyone to do illegal things, this is just my experience...

LSD - I only consume 1/6 of the blotter paper, there is no "tripping out" then but amazing clarity, no feeling of toxicity whatsoever, no comedown whatsoever, feel even clearer the next day. Sleep after the tiny amount of LSD is amazing sleep, very resting and very incredible dreams and visions while you sleep. I feel sorry for people who took big amounts and had bad trips, try it in the tiniest amount possible if you do. Never do enough to trip out, I do so little that I can go out shopping on it and people won't know I did anything. Also I do it rarely, which makes it even more potent.

Weed - only a couple of puffs does the job, when too much weed then I just get lazy and want to play games or watch cartoons lol.

Black good quality coffee - no its not paleo or raw, but it has very brain stimulating effects if not overdone.

Small amount of nicotine - its very addictive though - which is bad, but perhaps that why I really love nightshades  :P

Smoking a small amount of catnip - as a bonus my cats love me when I do that, and they gather around me to smell the catnip, how cute!

Eating raw foods in general has benefits, as well as not eating much sugars  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk