Author Topic: Hi everybody  (Read 5390 times)

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
Hi everybody
« on: August 26, 2010, 04:42:49 am »
Brother here. I had been lurking for a while and decided to jump in and join the conversation. I have been eating raw for some 4 months. I am an omnivore. I will eat anything that cross my path. Raw meats, eggs, berries, vegs, fruits, raw cheese/milk/butter. I am very low on carbs for most of the time. I am into body culture and do strenght and size training and it is through this that I found inspiration to go raw. I have no intention of eating raw food only for the rest of my life. I plan to do so in periods and in other periods I will indulge into one of my passions. Cooking great food from great stuff. I have however intentions of keeping a low carb approach for the rest of my life since I have never felt better. I have suffered from atopic dermatitis in various degrees since I was 2 (I'm going 33 this year btw). Staying low on carbs, which is where I started before going raw made it go away completely, and going raw has started a healing process. My skin is restoring itself and I heal up wounds much faster. My hair and beard is getting thicker and has more shine. As does my eyes. My sweat has very little smell.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everybody
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 05:17:58 am »

Welcome Brother !

I have no intention of eating raw food only for the rest of my life.

That's the best way to be able to eat 100% raw for a certain period. I've also thought the same: experimenting for a week, and then for a second week... then for 3 months, a year... and till now without any interruption ever since 1987. But leaving open the eventuality to perhaps eat cooked food again one day in the future is just a leeway we concede to our conscious and unconscious motives, so that we don’t feel constrained into a system – whatever the health troubles we get rid of from it.

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 04:37:35 pm »
I would suggest 1 more improvement:- ditch all the raw dairy as well. Most RVAFers benefit from that in some way.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 05:10:55 pm »
Thank you kindly folks.  :)

I am trying out a program of randy Roach's in which diery is a part. It is old bodybuilding thing. Guys like Vince Gironda would drink gallons of the stuff every day.  It is however to be raw diery. Homogenized and pasteurized foods are strictly verboten. I am not very keen on it to be honest. yeah the cheeses and cream are great, but the milk is....milk. The results however speaks for themselves. It helps me keep my weight up. I skin down too fast on raw meat alone. Probably a good thing for most people, but for someone in persue of mass it isn't...yet ;)

Joshua Trentine was allready a pretty good looking natural bodybuilder with a good track record. When he switched to Randy's ideas and program he grew again like weeds. There is something with the raw diery (the fatter the better) that really helps muscle building along.

I can drink gallons of raw milk without a problem. If I drink 'normal' supermarked milk (homo/pasteruized) I get a restless and runny stomache, acid bursts and my throat fills with mucus. Not so with raw milk. But I don't think diery is for everybody. I am a scandinave, we have a high tolerance to lactose since milk has been a main stable in our food for thousands of years. I have no doubt that I benefit from it, in this project of mine. In the long run I could not drink so much milk and cream every day.

Iguana that is impressive. Do you ever get tired from the bland taste or is that a passing phenomena?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 06:46:31 pm »
Iguana that is impressive. Do you ever get tired from the bland taste or is that a passing phenomena?

Bland taste ? Oh no, never! The only thing I found tasteless initially was fresh beef. But then I learned how to age meat and the older it is the strongest taste it gets. Wild game meat has the highest flavor; it can have extremely strong smell and taste so that people on cooked diet run away when I open my fridge!  :o Mussels (and to a lesser extend other shellfish) have a very strong taste too, most vegetables and wild fruits as well.

Overall I found much more pleasure to eat than before since I eat only what tastes good. There are so many tasty stuff I didn’t even know before it exists and/or are edible raw.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 07:44:20 pm »
Nothing I eat tastes bland...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 09:52:24 pm »
The only thing I found tasteless initially was fresh beef.

well, there you go. That is my main foodsource. Perhaps I should expand a bit.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 02:02:36 am »
I do not find fresh beef bland.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 02:32:24 am »
Just avoid the raw dairy!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 02:47:03 am »
well, there you go. That is my main foodsource. Perhaps I should expand a bit.

Expand it by all means, and welcome!

Game meats are very flavorful, as is unprocessed honey and fresh made kefir and pungeunt all raw cheese.  

Once you have been eating naturally and simply for some time, spices will not be necessary or vinegars, but a hindrance to natural flavor too.  They burn my taste buds now while the plain foods burst with flavor.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 03:51:05 pm »
Just avoid the raw dairy!

Leave my dairy alone, you monster!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 04:00:29 pm »
   Expand it by all means, and welcome!

Game meats are very flavorful, as is unprocessed honey and fresh made kefir and pungeunt all raw cheese.  

Once you have been eating naturally and simply for some time, spices will not be necessary or vinegars, but a hindrance to natural flavor too.  They burn my taste buds now while the plain foods burst with flavor.

Hey reyyzl, same experience I've been having tasting my childrens' cooked food, I'm in salty shock yet my wife tells me it's fine!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Arthas_

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 12:20:03 am »
Leave my dairy alone, you monster!

LMAO

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk