Author Topic: A day in the life of TylerDurden  (Read 369574 times)

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: A day in the life of TylerDurden
« Reply #900 on: July 24, 2013, 08:43:07 am »
The Dr. mentioned food storage under "living a raw lifestyle," but I want to elaborate on that. I would make a whole chapter on food storage. I would love to review the contents of the chapter (when you write it, of course).

Incidentally, I have both training and experience as a technical writer and editor. I can proofread well, and I am intimately familiar with both American (the right way) and British conventions of grammar.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 25, 2013, 01:30:06 am »
I agree, and on second thought, high meat should have its own chapter, as well as other fermented foods(plant and animal both), describing in the high meat chapter the history, science, experiences, risks and how to overcome them (airing), and what to expect. Then The other fermented foods chapter would have things like kimchee and pickles And. Worchestershire (sp?) Sauce, etc., at least touching on benefits seen throughout the world and how the taboo really isn't that taboo.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 25, 2013, 10:55:40 pm »
I think I have just discovered a most convenient way to make high meat. The first batch will be ready in about another week and I will post pictures of the set up soon.

I have been using a large cooler and setting my jars in the bottom, and then just leaving a small container of ice setting next to the jars to keep things cool. I have been checking on the temp changing out the ice container as needed and airing it every day, and the meat has been aging most wonderfully.

This solves the issue I have had with the fridge I use to hang my lamb being too cold for high meat production. As well as the issue of stinking up my girlfriends fridge. I keep the cooler in the basement which out of the way and it stays fairly cool even after the container of ice melts..
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #903 on: August 21, 2013, 07:09:16 pm »
Well, within a week or so, I will have gotten my new computer(a PC)  with internet-access and will likely no longer have computer faults and other problems to hinder me re writing that rawpaleodiet e-book etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 25, 2013, 03:26:31 am »
ok, what have i missed :)... you're in austria? 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #905 on: August 25, 2013, 05:40:54 am »
Well, it makes it easier for me to ski, I suppose.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #906 on: January 05, 2014, 07:50:52 am »
Well, after my week's skiing holiday, I have had to endure a huge very weird constant  coughing episode which has only recently started to be reduced a lot. I presume it is some weird detox since I have not been eating fully rawpalaeo given Christmas events and an inability to find decent raw foods in the ski resort.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:56:33 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #907 on: February 12, 2014, 05:45:14 am »
I now find that drinking coffee makes me more alert. I guess I am doing this instead of going raw, very low carb which otherwise does the trick. I mentioned elsewhere that due to social pressure I have had to up my intake of raw plant foods in my diet.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #908 on: February 12, 2014, 07:25:02 am »
Boss, coffee gets pretty bad eventually if you do it regularly for alertness...

For socials I always bring 2 types of herbal tea bags in my business bag.  What I got now is taheebo / lapacho bark and some "longevity tea" made by my neighbor.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 12, 2014, 07:45:15 am »
I now find that drinking coffee makes me more alert. I guess I am doing this instead of going raw, very low carb which otherwise does the trick. I mentioned elsewhere that due to social pressure I have had to up my intake of raw plant foods in my diet.
What kind of plant foods have you started to include? What is the effect? Funny thing about traveling or social interactions they can sometimes (in the long run) cause me to incorporate wisdom into what I'm already doing. It shakes things up for me.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 12, 2014, 04:17:39 pm »
I’ve never complied to social pressure and it didn’t harm my relationships at all. I still have and appreciate my old friends who eat cooked food, all my family eat cooked food and it has never been a problem between us. They all know that there’s no way to get me to eat something cooked and they don’t even try anymore.

Even when invited somewhere, I ask some raw food and/or I bring my own. If required, I explain that I’m experimenting a special diet and people are satisfied with that. If the are curious and ask questions, it sometimes launches an interesting discussion.

In The Causes and Prevention of Cancer, Bruce N. Ames
(Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Director of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Center
University of California at Berkeley) states:
Cooking food also generates thousands of chemicals. There are over 1000 chemicals reported in a cup of coffee. Only 26 have been tested in animal cancer tests and more than half are rodent carcinogens; there are still a thousand chemicals left to test. The amount of potentially carcinogenic pesticide residues consumed in a year is less than the amount known of rodent carcinogens in a cup of coffee.
What made you change your mind?
Tea and coffee have appalling numbers of carcinogenic chemicals in them. Coffee is the worst. I myself tried coffee and tea and can testify that they both fouled up my glandular system, coffee in particular.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:38:26 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #911 on: February 12, 2014, 07:36:18 pm »
Hmm, that was a case of faulty memory. I did try coffee in my pre-rawpaleodiet days but I recall it as being the only thing at the time that helped bring me temporarily back to a  sense of normality. The trouble, then,  was that the coffee´s effect only lasted  about half an hour. Nowadays, though, the coffee lasts longer in its effects.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #912 on: February 12, 2014, 07:36:44 pm »
What kind of plant foods have you started to include? What is the effect? Funny thing about traveling or social interactions they can sometimes (in the long run) cause me to incorporate wisdom into what I'm already doing. It shakes things up for me.
  Just lost of fruits and salads. I unfortunately eat way more than I need if I overindulge in raw plant foods.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 14, 2014, 11:29:28 am »
Boss, coffee gets pretty bad eventually if you do it regularly for alertness...

I usually drink it 3 or 4 days a week.  I try not to drink it more than 3 days in a row.  That way, I don't become addicted to it.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #914 on: February 14, 2014, 03:36:45 pm »
I think I will stick to just 1 cup of coffee a day for now. I seem not to have benefitted from more than that, so far.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #915 on: April 02, 2014, 09:06:12 pm »
I have recognised, over the years of being rawpalaeo, that my tolerance for cooked/processed foods has decreased a lot. if I eat more than small amounts of cooked/processed foods, I vomit the stuff out pretty quickly. I also get very hot in my throat afterwards. I cannot even eat dry pastry without needing lot sof water to wash the stuff down. This is a good thing but it means I have to be more careful to avoid situations where I cannot supply myself with regular shipments of raw animal foods. Also, fasting during times when I cannot access any decent raw food is good for me, too.

My one great sorrow is that I do not have enough cash around to do orthokeratology as that is a safe way to regain perfect eyesight.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 03, 2014, 09:13:27 am »
My one great sorrow is that I do not have enough cash around to do orthokeratology as that is a safe way to regain perfect eyesight.
Is the change permanent? An article that I read is a bit unclear on this.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #917 on: April 03, 2014, 02:28:52 pm »
Is the change permanent? An article that I read is a bit unclear on this.
Technically, no. But all one has to do is wear the contact-lenses every night  and one keeps one#s eyesight. if one forgets to wear them, then after c.2-3 nights the eyeballs change back to their previous setting. Also, if one#s eyes deteriorate due to old age I would imagine being forced to wear different contact-lenses at a stronger prescription.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 04, 2014, 01:07:38 am »
Interesting.

I met a guy who was about 65 or so who had had the usual age related visual deterioration. Long story but he went to a guy who did psychic surgery and the guy did something that resulted in him pulling something out from behind the eyeballs that resembled some sort of creature. Since then his eyes have been 20/20 for reading etc.

I know it sounds woowoo and I did not witness it, so it is hearsay, however the guy's vision was excellent.

I have a friend that is an acupuncturist and she said that some of her patients have seen things depart their body during acupuncture. Not everyone has the visual acuity to see these things but some PPL can apparently.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #919 on: September 06, 2014, 04:40:40 am »
I am off on holiday until the 22nd of September 2014.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #920 on: September 30, 2014, 02:02:31 pm »
I came back and found, to my surprise, that a quality supermarket, Merkur, now routinely sells raw  organ-meats like brains, kidneys, liver, heart and spleen. OK, so they come from pigs and cattle, hardly 100% grassfed, but Austria has an alleged reputation  for its meats being much less grainfed than in the US, for example.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #921 on: December 02, 2014, 04:04:34 am »
I have noticed how much more alert and concentrated I am on a ketogenic diet or when I'm fasting. I might even eventually do 5-day fasts from Monday to Friday and then feast on the weekend.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 02, 2014, 01:42:20 pm »
Just drop the fruit and keep eating the other plant foods, then you will be keto and have healthy gut microbes digesting all the resistant stuff in the raw veges to produce super goodies to keep your bowels well.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #923 on: December 18, 2014, 11:34:40 am »
After getting a membership to a new gym, I got a "free" consultation with a nutritionist with my card. After being questioned a lot, I felt I had to reveal what sort of diet I eat. The stuff this nutritionist spouted was akin to witchcraft. Needless to say, she was, more or less, against my raw diet and most of her "recommendations" involved cooked things like soup. I was horrified when she tried to get me to sign a form for 20 further lessons at 650 euros overall. I naturally declined.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 18, 2014, 03:09:11 pm »
LOL. I can't imagine anyone giving you nutrition lessons! Do you know what she was trying to treat you for?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk