Author Topic: A day in the life of TylerDurden  (Read 369151 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: A day in the life of TylerDurden
« Reply #825 on: March 10, 2012, 11:04:06 pm »
Nama sake does taste better, less harsh, than the standard heat-processed sakes.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 17, 2012, 06:37:34 am »
Tyler, what do you think of a cooked foodist who...

> appears to give hunter gatherer research more emphasis than the WAPF does, stating "By comparing hunter-gatherers and modern people, I show how the quality, quantity, and context of meat consumption will affect the outcome for any individual"
> has a "Hunter-Gatherer Diet Guide" that includes legumes not edible raw and unprocessed, like beans and soy, and whole cereals grains, not even bothering to mention anything about preparation techniques to reduce toxins that the WAPF cautions about, again citing HG evidence to support it (such as, "the collecting of grains from the ground would supply hunter-gatherers with a ready source of vegetal food until October" http://www.pnas.org/content/101/9/2692.full)
> has written, "if you want to think like a chimp, go for the raw food diet; but if you want to be human, use fire," citing Wrangham as a credible source and even dedicating a blog post to a postive review of Wrangham's Catching Fire
> has also written, "Wrangham points out that we have good reason to believe that we wouldn't have the brain we need to do these things [like use computers] if we hadn't started cooking."

Is that the sort of thing you mean when you speak of Noble Savage theorists?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:48:53 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #827 on: April 17, 2012, 07:05:02 am »
Well, if he was taking about "purity" etc. of HGs, then sure. Who is this guy?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 17, 2012, 07:42:38 am »
I'll PM you about him.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #829 on: April 17, 2012, 03:22:59 pm »
As regards the PM, my view is that as long as the relevant article one cites  is reasonably full of data and is in line with other reliable sources, then it doesn't matter if the rest of the author's ideas are ridiculous. After all, no author is perfect, that's physically impossible, so one anyway has to pick and choose data from a thousand authors in order to get the whole picture. I mean, I happily quote Weston-Price when his data is backed by other authors I consider reliable, even though I think that many of his ideas are flawed.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 17, 2012, 07:25:38 pm »
Ah, OK, cool.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #831 on: June 24, 2012, 02:53:54 pm »
I'm having massive PC trouble so may be incommunicado for some time, here and there.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #832 on: July 18, 2012, 08:33:50 pm »
Mac, not PC, is back up, hope it stays that way.

Incidentally, while I loathe the heat of the summer, I have noticed, over the years, even more so since going rawpalaeo, that I always need to sleep less in the summer and that, when I wake up, I feel more refreshed, if I am facing a largeish window with the sun coming through in the early morning - same especially applies if I am sleeping in a tent in the open. Often, in such situations I will fall asleep at midnight or 1am, but wake up fully refreshed at around 4 or 5 am when the sky starts turning a bit lighter. By contrast, if I am sleeping in a room which has little access to daylight or during winter, I will feel a bit woozy for  20  minutes or so, even after having had a full eight hours sleep - and I, of course, am far more likely to be very tired if I only sleep a few hours in the latter case. Just wondered if others were also influenced in this way.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 19, 2012, 06:48:51 am »
The traditional Eskimos are the most extreme example I've heard regarding this (and presumably arctic Eurasians like the traditional Nenets and Chukchi would be also), what with their reportedly sleeping something like 14 hours per day in the winter and probably less than 8 hours in the summer. They allegedly used to follow nature's fluxes.

Offline afroza

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 20, 2012, 09:00:37 pm »
Yes I experience the same thing, I need a full eight hours or more in the winter, and about half of that in the summer. I am from Sweden and the dark winters here really invites us to sleep a lot more than during summer. When I have stayed in Asia for long periods of time I slept for about 6-7 hours per night regardless of season.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #835 on: August 23, 2012, 10:36:22 pm »
I'm experiencing something odd. My last two stools each had  an undigested tomato in them when I looked back as I flushed the toilet. Does this have any significance?
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #836 on: August 23, 2012, 10:45:32 pm »
stop eating tomatoes?
take a probiotic?
If you are talking tomato peels, I used to have some kind of parasites like those.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #837 on: August 31, 2012, 08:53:37 pm »
Last week, I finally had the courage to ask my one main wildgame supplier as to why their meat-prices were 5 to 7 euros per kilo more than usual. I hadn't had the guts before as there really isn't a suitable  alternative source right now - I just hate angering my food-suppliers in any way. Basically, I was told that ordering the meat prepared/not prepared in a certain way  meant it was cheaper, so my previous post about sudden rising food-prices in my area is bunk, as now my meat-prices are a third cheaper than previously. It looks like the usual woman at the counter deliberately failed to tell me of this difference in order to get gullible old me to pay out vast extra sums each week. The actual owners, an old woman and her granddaughter, on the other hand,  happily explained to me re the difference in prices, and the other woman isn't there any more, so everything's fine. I'm their favourite customer, it seems, as nobody else orders several kilos of raw wild game each week!
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #838 on: September 07, 2012, 09:07:24 pm »
I've recently done the bates method palming method and intend to do it for  5 minutes every hour if possible. It really strengthen the brain-eye connection and makes me feel sharper. I haven't had much success with the Bates Method before, partly because I often failed to do the method regularly, but hopefully this time....

I've also come to realise that Max Stirner, Ayn Rand and Ron Paul are/were the most amazing people on the planet. Being a lazy man, I haven't yet bought their books and just surfed the Internet for extracts and reviews but now I'm buying Stirner's book followed by the others, later.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #839 on: September 09, 2012, 03:07:41 pm »
Lysander Spooner is also now one of my gurus. I wonder why the vast majority of people are so dumb as to not recognise the brilliance of individualist anarchism.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #840 on: September 20, 2012, 04:03:29 pm »
I've just had a blood test done though there was no real need for it. I have no idea what all the figures mean.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 24, 2012, 10:30:31 pm »
I've just had a blood test done though there was no real need for it. I have no idea what all the figures mean.

Would you like to post it?

Aeh, what is this new avatar picture? I can't recognize anything. Is it a laser show? A paleo monster?

Löwenherz

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #842 on: September 24, 2012, 11:13:28 pm »
Would you like to post it?

Ah, what is this new avatar picture? I can't recognize anything. Is it a laser show? A paleo monster?

Löwenherz

It is a depiction of "The Monster From The Id" from the film "Forbidden Planet", being struck by lasers. I'm an SF fan so I thought I'd change my avatar, every now and then.

I may post my results in a day or two.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #843 on: September 25, 2012, 02:57:35 am »
I'm going to an unusual festival on October 6th in which I may be given the opportunity to eat some unusual HG traditional foods such as  lice, minerals, seaweed, and hopefully even more exotic foods.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 25, 2012, 03:06:08 am »
@TD - did you see A Scanner Darkly where they had body suits changing their image every second? How about a script that changes your avatar every few minutes???

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 25, 2012, 03:28:48 am »
I'm going to an unusual festival on October 6th in which I may be given the opportunity to eat some unusual HG traditional foods such as  lice, minerals, seaweed, and hopefully even more exotic foods.

Tell me about that.  Is is a UK organization?  That sounds interesting.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #846 on: September 25, 2012, 03:53:18 am »
@TD - did you see A Scanner Darkly where they had body suits changing their image every second? How about a script that changes your avatar every few minutes???
No, but I need to see that film eventually. I'm happy with this avatar. I only change them rarely.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #847 on: September 25, 2012, 03:54:26 am »
Tell me about that.  Is is a UK organization?  That sounds interesting.
No, an Austrian museum. There's a festival of museums once a year in Austria, and is sometimes quite fun. I'll report back if I get a chance to taste this stuff.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 25, 2012, 04:01:00 am »
No, an Austrian museum. There's a festival of museums once a year in Austria, and is sometimes quite fun. I'll report back if I get a chance to taste this stuff.

awesome.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #849 on: October 04, 2012, 10:42:13 pm »
They'll also be apparently offering larvae(I presume that means grubs, hopefully raw).I'm hoping they will provide generous portions.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk