Author Topic: Chewing on Coconuts and Spitting out the pulp  (Read 5018 times)

Offline deletemyaccount

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Chewing on Coconuts and Spitting out the pulp
« on: August 27, 2010, 09:41:20 pm »
Guys, I have a question that I wasn't able to find an answer to anywhere else and I'm pretty confident that you all are experts here that ca help me out.

I'm eating the raw zero carb diet consisting mainly of raw lamb, salmon, eggs, beef chicken. etc.

However, I love Coconuts, and before I went on the zero carb diet I ate a lot of the meat which I know has some carbs.

My question is this?

If I chew on the meat and spit out the pulp, I know that I'm getting all of the good fat and the cream and everything without the meat and the fiber. However, are there any CARBS in the liquid that I'm swallowing without the meat?

I love chewing the COCONUT meat and spitting it out while getting plenty of energy from the fat but I'm concerned that it may have some carbs because of the sweet taste afterwards that is left.

Do you guys know if this could be an issue on a raw zero carb diet?

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Chewing on Coconuts and Spitting out the pulp
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 09:51:01 pm »
The amount of carbs in coconut meat is so negligible that I would not worry about it.

If you are still worried about it then you have a bigger problem which this forum can't help you with.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 10:17:50 pm »
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3106/2

It has carbs at 15g/100g in the coconut meat. If you are trying to eat animal food only, then of course coconut is not animal. Ys, if someone had poor health and then they improved it and felt better, performed better etc. by following some certain guidelines, why do they have a problem when being cautious about moving away from them?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline deletemyaccount

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 01:30:16 am »
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3106/2

It has carbs at 15g/100g in the coconut meat. If you are trying to eat animal food only, then of course coconut is not animal. Ys, if someone had poor health and then they improved it and felt better, performed better etc. by following some certain guidelines, why do they have a problem when being cautious about moving away from them?

I'm not talking about eating the meat though...what I'm saying is chewing the meat and then SPITTING it out while swallowing the oil and the liquied that I've drawn out by chewing the meat. Are there any carbs in that?

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 01:48:12 am »
It has carbs at 15g/100g in the coconut meat.

to be more exact, it has only 6g of sugars for 100g of coconut meat.  the rest is fiber which does not get absorbed and i view it not to be a true nutrient.  i assure you that 6g of sugars will not do any harm to anybody under any circumstances.  the only harm that can be done in this case is by our own brains.

you can go into deeper craziness by not eating liver since liver does contain carbs.  4g/100g in this case.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 08:52:33 am »
The New Zealand lamb's liver I eat has trace carbohydrates according to the label and I enjoy it. I tried British Ox liver and British lamb's and didn't like the taste of either. After tasting I checked the label and they had listed carbs maybe 6g/100 in one 11g/100 in the other or something.

If someone has a problem with carbohydrates, maybe because their body is full of toxins or whatever, then eating plant food with 6g sugar/100g can certainly affect them negatively in a noticeable way...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk