Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529286 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #1225 on: July 19, 2013, 03:38:29 pm »
I love limpets. Unfortunately,  they are not as plentiful where I am on the Mediterranean as they used to be. Due to pollution, maybe?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 19, 2013, 03:48:19 pm »
Sure, Inger (and everyone else) you can fly to Faro which is exactly 100 km from here, mostly highway (autobahn) and I'll come to meet you at the airport. There are very cheap flights with EasyJet http://www.easyjet.com/pt  from Paris, Geneva, Basel-Mulhouse, London, Glasgow, Liverpool, Bristol, Belfast, Newcastle. More flights to Lisbon at 240 km.

Most people here speak English.

The seafood here is extraordinary, the fish-markets have an incredible choice, even in small towns. Every market and supermarket has a wonderful choice of fruits too, including locally grown papayas, plantain bananas from Equator, mangoes from Algarve in season or from Bresil (probably irradiated), all kinds of melons, passionfruits, peaches, figs, apples, oranges, kiwis, tamarind, etc, etc.

Jessica, I don't know how to describe the taste of limpets... it's very fulfilling, perhaps like a fish soup.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 03:36:14 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: July 20, 2013, 02:25:30 am »
Local Raw Unheated Honey.

Gnawing on bones.

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 20, 2013, 02:34:51 am »
I tried using photo bucket to link the photo although was unsuccessful.
Gnawing on bones.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 03, 2013, 11:38:44 am »
Alpaca - my wife has been breeding alpacas for many years and selling them as lifestyle block pets, but since the GFC there haven't been many buyers and we have built up too big a herd. She was going to start giving them away, which seemed a bit crazy, but instead she has taken a couple away to be butchered and we now have a freezer full of grass fed organic, ethically raised meat :) The meat is a light colour and mild flavoured - very tasty. This time the butcher disposed of the offal, so next time we will need to give him clearer instructions on saving more bits. I am very happy to be eating these surplus animals, as our land is becoming overgrazed, and this is a perfect solution to provide top quality meat :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:45:26 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: August 03, 2013, 01:01:22 pm »
One of my friends parents raise alpacas and I've often wondered how their meat tastes. Except they are organic fruit growers and vegetarian. What a waste when the alpaca dies naturally!
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline jesterhead

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 03, 2013, 08:49:24 pm »
Today:

Raw beef heart.
Raw honey.
A ton of raw beef fat.

From the plant kingdom,

1 avocado upon waking up.
Veggie shake midday with cucumber, cauliflower, kale, etc.
Weston A. Price on obtaining knowledge from primitive cultures:

"It may be not only our greatest opportunity, but our best hope for stemming the tide of our progressive breakdown and also for our return to harmony with Nature's laws, since life in its fullness is Nature obeyed."

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1232 on: August 03, 2013, 09:15:58 pm »
ocean shrimp and oysters today.

tasted some horse liver and horse heart when I bought them today.

high magnesium content water today with a natural spring water brand 35 mg / liter magnesium vs 25 mg / liter calcium... brand is Hidden Spring.

Fruits, bought lots of fruit in the market today.  Tasted some of them:

chico, pico mango, latundan banana, avocado

and had some raw cacao nibs with the avocado.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1233 on: August 18, 2013, 06:48:20 pm »
Well, I'm back from hols and have so far been eating mainly raw horsemeat, with the occasional raw horse heart and raw horse tongue. I have also been eating raw squid as well. Other than raw watermelons and other raw fruit, of course.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 17, 2013, 06:16:30 am »
I finally got a connection for fresh oysters! I had 20 of them in one sitting. Feel soooo good  ;D 8)

Gnawing on bones.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 17, 2013, 07:34:46 am »
Fresh oysters can be euphoric,

I ate two dozen last weekend at myrtle beach.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1236 on: October 17, 2013, 07:37:47 am »
It is durian season and I found the wholesale place and various other sellers of various varieties so I've been in durian heaven for the past week.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 17, 2013, 10:02:03 am »
Fresh oysters can be euphoric,

I ate two dozen last weekend at myrtle beach.

Do you go to Myrtle a lot?  I used to go almost every year when I was growing up.  I've only been twice in the last 12 years or so, though.

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 17, 2013, 11:32:10 am »
For dinner:
lamb marrow bones sitting out for a couple days.
and a lamb foot. (I skipped the whole soaking in acid deal and found that after letting a foot sit out for a day I could just scrape away the collagen jerky and have myself quite a delicious meal) ;D

heres the aftermath ;)

Gnawing on bones.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: October 18, 2013, 12:34:38 am »
Blackthorn berries and hawthorn berries.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 18, 2013, 02:36:44 am »
I'm eating some incredibly yellow (partially even orange) beef fat. It looks like pieces of cantaloupe! Along with some beef that's been aged for 2-3 days and a chicken egg.

(All raw, beef and beef fat are grass fed. Eggs are pastured and soy free)
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 18, 2013, 02:40:24 am »
Eggs are pastured and soy free

Wheat free and heated grain/food free as well?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: October 18, 2013, 02:42:47 am »
http://www.myhealthyfoodclub.com/Pastured-Eggs-Fertile-No-Soy-per-doz_p_174.html

"These chickens are NOT fed any soy or GMO corn. Their natural diet consists of grasses, worms, insects, and food scraps/leftovers from the farmer's kitchen (which they love!). Chickens are NOT vegetarian by nature, thus eggs from vegetarian organic eggs are missing nutrients. These pastured chickens are also given an organic mineral rich supplement food (see ingredients below).

Certified Organic Chicken Feed: cracked corn, wheat, crab meal, peanut meal, nutribalancer, aragonite."

The farmer also takes left over beef and leaves it outside to collect maggots, then feeds the entire thing to the chickens.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 18, 2013, 03:03:31 am »
"... food scraps/leftovers from the farmer's kitchen (which they love!).  These pastured chickens are also given an organic mineral rich supplement food (see ingredients below).
Certified Organic Chicken Feed: cracked corn, wheat, crab meal, peanut meal, nutribalancer, aragonite."
Thus there is very probably cooked food scraps/leftovers. I wonder what is "nutribalancer". Wheat and corn I know. Crab meal and peanut meal are processed foods - not natural and certainly overheated.

2-3 of those eggs once in a way could be all right, but you'd better avoid eating too many. You understand why I had to set my own poultry farm, eh.   Unfortunately I could not take it with me here and it is such a burden that I'm not very keen to do it again.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 03:33:17 am by Iguana »

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: October 18, 2013, 07:37:52 am »
Hey guys
these days I am eating black grasshoppers straight from the garden here, with the head
http://www.mongabay.com/images/venezuela/600/v_grasshopper_0-600.jpg
and local fish. I enjoy squeezing the pupil into my mouth.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1245 on: October 18, 2013, 07:39:52 am »
Grasshoppers taste good?
What parts you remove?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 18, 2013, 09:52:44 am »
You can put the whole thing in your mouth, hold it firm and place between molars and let go and bit quickly.  The legs just get chewed up...

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 18, 2013, 02:08:19 pm »
Grasshoppers taste good?
What parts you remove?

Yes they do :)
Fatty-leafy.
I remove the legs as they are a bit bitter..

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 18, 2013, 10:12:30 pm »
I also heard they can stick to your throat. Another thing I heard was if you squeeze the grasshopper from the middle to the back as you hold its wings you can squeeze the poop out of it. This may help digestion because grasshoppers can eat sometimes poisonous plants that might upset the stomach a little bit.
Gnawing on bones.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 18, 2013, 11:41:19 pm »
Aura, Do they big out there? I remember on the border of AZ and Mexico the grasshoppers were HUGE, the length of your hand!  Sounds tastey though!  Just munching on lamb fat over here, going to get two deer next week!  Havent ever had black tail deer, will report back :)!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk