Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529352 times)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #1325 on: February 08, 2015, 11:46:55 pm »
you just have to know what you are looking for and at.  if you dont have someone who is experienced to take you out, getting out into the woods with a few different foraging books and becoming familiar with edibles is the best thing you can do.  it takes putting in many hours in the wild but you should be doing that anyway, might as well learn something and be rewarded with a tasty snack while you are at it.

Offline Ablem1959

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 30, 2015, 11:54:45 pm »
I ate oysters, grapes and blue berries today, the combination was awesome  8)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 09, 2015, 10:30:43 am »
ooo, i think i found a new favorite

raw turkey gizzard! the meat inside is so tender and delicious, kind of like the texture of heart but with much sweeter flavor, little medallions of it are tucked within a fatty gristly layer.  the fat is tastey and the gristle is surprisingly not that hard to chew.

i hope these images work

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 10, 2015, 04:22:26 am »
Eating a fine selection of insects in Andalusia!

I've been staying in an organic farm/desertification program in Andalusia called "Sunseed" for the past four weeks. Sunseed being a vegetarian no-meat place, less-than-ideal substitutes such as grains and legumes are present at practically every meal. I've been trying to eat the greens and non-grain carbs alone, supplementing with some avocados bought in the nearest village, but have fell for the occasional lentil and rice burger from time to time. Too many times, I feel.

I had already been thinking about one day foraging for edible insects before coming here, and was pleasantly surprised when I realized that a lot of fruits we picked were either full of ants, or fruit-fly maggots.

The ants can sometimes taste acidic when they release their defence liquids, and even spicy when they try and bite you in the mouth.

The maggots were nice and fatty, but too many made the fruit taste unpleasantly vinegary from their digestive juices.

I had noticed plenty of crickets, and a grasshopper once, but never thought about eating them until a young French guy told me about how he would capture them in Southern France with a friend and fry them up.

I was not afraid to eat them here because the area is quite pristine, and the first big olive plantations are quite far away. As a safety measure, I have decided to remove their digestive tracks by simply pulling their head from the abdomen - the rest follows quite smoothly.

I first tried a grasshopper, raw of course, but didn't eat it wholly because I didn't know these small maggot-looking yellow bits were really supposed to be there. Haven't eaten another since, because they are quite hard to come across.

I have eaten three crickets till this day. They are hard to locate, as they are green and hide in the middle of green plants, but they are worth the effort. I find they taste like crunchy meat bits with a moist marinated turkey middle. Their digestive track is not bad either - a bit spicy, but I'd rather avoid it in case the insect has been eating too much pesticide-ridden plants.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:45:18 am by JeuneKoq »

Offline emeira

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 10, 2015, 03:15:43 pm »
I just binged on homemade dried pork bacon, dried beef heart, raw yolks and dried pork loin.  ( drying at low ~35 C temp.)
Thought RPD will help to reduce my compulsive overeating, but I was wrong.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 03:35:25 pm by emeira »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 10, 2015, 09:42:04 pm »
it might be worth also doing the mental work that goes with healing compulsion, the body and mind are not separate entities where you can heal one independent of the other. start a new thread, maybe the board can help you trouble shoot:)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 11, 2015, 12:36:54 am »
I just binged on homemade dried pork bacon, dried beef heart, raw yolks and dried pork loin.  ( drying at low ~35 C temp.)
Thought RPD will help to reduce my compulsive overeating, but I was wrong.

Drying food makes it easier to overeat it.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 11, 2015, 11:25:40 am »
pork bacon...

Was there sugar in the bacon? Any sugar gets me wanting to overeat. I don't actually overeat, though; however, I need to consciously stop eating rather than rely on my "stop" (satiety) signals.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline emeira

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 12, 2015, 01:46:22 pm »
No sugar, no salt, just dried meat and fat. It proves that, when food is used for emotional reasons, then it doesn't matter if it is raw or cooked or dried.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:54:22 pm by emeira »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 12, 2015, 09:35:07 pm »
No sugar, no salt, just dried meat and fat. It proves that, when food is used for emotional reasons, then it doesn't matter if it is raw or cooked or dried.

Proves? It is possible to have a deeply-felt emotion - one that makes you ravenously hungry - without eating too much. Learn to balance your cravings and emotions with rational thoughts and self-control.

Neither emotional hunger nor biological hunger is an immediate imperative. You won't perish if you don't eat at that moment. In the case of emotional hunger, not eating immediately lets you wait until the strong emotion passes. You may need to do some rational thinking to help an emotion pass, but it will pass.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: June 12, 2015, 11:21:35 pm »
Rational thinking only brings you half way when dealing with emotional hunger and binge-eating behaviour.

I was a massive binge-eater not so long ago, and knowing consciously how bad it was and how eating all this food was just a way to fill in some emotional gap, my mind still switched off when came diner time. I was never full, and even though they might've been some sparkles of consciousness telling me "you're overeating now. Stop!", they were quickly silenced down by a much simpler but much more dominant "Just one last bite!".

A typical day went as such:

No hunger and fasting till 12 o'clock, then light-ish lunch. Back from school, a snack the size of a regular person's lunch, right before a heavy lengthy diner, and going to bed with a more-than-full stomach, not being able to sleep before at least 2hs laying down, painstakingly digesting and hating myself for what just happened a few hours ago.

Today I'm doing much better, seemingly both emotionally and in regards to overeating. Or perhaps my stomach just can't gut all this food any more (both metaphorically and literally), and is telling my compulsory brain to finally get his shit together.

This is and was also one of the reasons to not start any new type of diet (instincto) just now, because I feel and felt I needed to deal with my emotional/psychological issues beforehand, if I later wanted to be successful in my change of lifestyle. I knew a girl who was a binge-eater, and only lasted a month on a raw (vegan) diet, because she was still suffering from her compulsory eating pattern at that time.

As for dried foods, it has often been reported that they are easier to binge-eat on than when still in their original state.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:57:25 pm by JeuneKoq »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: December 07, 2015, 02:55:41 am »
I knew a girl who was a binge-eater, and only lasted a month on a raw (vegan) diet, because she was still suffering from her compulsory eating pattern at that time.
I wouldn't even last 2 weeks on vegan diet!

I just discovered pili fruit and nuts a few days ago. Both are amazingly tasty and fulfilling! The fruit is best when a bit wrinkled with some good mold on its surface.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canarium_ovatum

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: December 07, 2015, 04:08:09 am »
That sounds really good, Iguana.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: December 11, 2015, 02:14:31 am »
I wouldn't even last 2 weeks on vegan diet!
Haha I don't know for myself, I eat plenty of meat so maybe a week or two without any wouldn't be so bad. When it's warmer perhaps.

The girl was already cooked vegan though, so I guess she just didn't get the results she expected when turning raw (and probably did it the fruitarian way or something) and so she backed off.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 07, 2016, 10:57:03 am »
Eating raw chicken...Anyone care to share their experience with eating raw chicken?  Is it safe?
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 07, 2016, 11:40:35 am »
Eating raw chicken...Anyone care to share their experience with eating raw chicken?  Is it safe?

Unless you can verify personally that it's free-range and gets minimal grain, I wouldn't do it. Raw chicken is often infected with Campylobacter.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 07, 2016, 11:56:56 am »
It is only cage-free.  Well, hopefully I don't get sick from it.  We will see.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 08, 2016, 05:38:44 pm »
I wouldn't normally eat raw chicken, except the other week I was hungry and came across some supermarket chicken kebabs in the fridge with some kind of soy sauce marinade - they tasted good raw and I felt fine afterwards.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 09, 2016, 12:52:07 am »
I've eaten raw chicken 5 times, and had no problem with it. It was organic chicken.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1344 on: March 09, 2016, 02:14:29 am »
I've eaten raw chicken 5 times, and had no problem with it. It was organic chicken.
The relevant health issue is whether the chicken is fed mostly- or wholly on grains or if the chickens are the result of very artificial breeding/inbreeding. If so, then it is very unhealthy, but likely would not harm a  RVAFer if he has other sources of healthy raw animal foods as well. What a lot of people do not realise is that so-called "organic" chicken-meat is often allowed to come from intensively-bred factory chicks which have then been bred on organic foods(usually, sadly,  only organic grains). I suppose if one had the time, one would be best advised to look for eggs/meat from "rare-breeds"  and make sure the relevant  farm raised their chickens mostly "pastured-fed"(ie fed on grass,worms and insects with just a little grain). RVAFers here report that their chicken-meats they raised are the tastiest if fed on a mostly carnivorous diet.

I have very occasionally heard of people who have recovered from ill-health as a result of just eating raw, intensively-reared  meat from the supermarket. That can make sense as if one is suddenly reducing one's intake of heat-created toxins and preservatives/chemicals in one's diet and also taking in extra bacteria and enzymes, even if all  from unhealthy raw foods, that can help. However, Aajonus recommends not eating the raw organ-meats from unhealthy, ill-fed animals as the toxins apparently concentrate in those organ-meats. So I would imagine a slower recovery-rate from consumption of  intensively-farmed animals.

Hmm, I vaguely recall some initiatives in the UK or US where people were allowed to buy their own chickens on a farm, dictate what the chickens were fed on etc., and then have the eggs delivered to their door. Trouble is I live deep in a city.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1345 on: March 09, 2016, 01:04:26 pm »
Carabao mango.  No kalburo (a chemical ripening agent).  I had to buy a big basket and ripen them at home for a few days.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline common_sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 15, 2016, 01:38:23 am »
I eat raw chicken everyday for more than one year now. I only eat frozen, organic raised chicken breast. The major concern of eating raw chicken is salmonella infection and thread worm. Well processed and frozen chicken reduced the risk. I never have any problem. Chicken is more tender than beef, and delicious. Also I want to balance between the red meat and white meat.

Offline common_sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 15, 2016, 01:45:09 am »
As matter of fact, I believe that cage-free chicken have higher risk of thread worm infection, as for the salmonella infection, the process condition is more important. Of cause, organic raised will reduced the chance of anti-bacteria, hormone and other additives contaminations. 

It is only cage-free.  Well, hopefully I don't get sick from it.  We will see.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 15, 2016, 06:20:54 am »
Campylobacter.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 15, 2016, 08:20:27 am »
Probably not too smart of me to eat poultry raw...  I wonder what it is about poultry that makes it more dangerous than other meat?

— Anthony Jeselnik

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk