Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529287 times)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #350 on: October 30, 2010, 01:42:10 pm »
Yep its true  :'(
Yuli, fast couple of days, so that you would be very hungry and I think you wouldn't  :'(
It should work ;)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 30, 2010, 10:29:33 pm »
Yuli I like the idea(since we're talking ideas) of fair chase. So you only hunt with stuff you can make. I think it is fairer and more honourable to be you vs the animal. You give the animal a chance to fight for its' life. It is dishonourable to kill it from hiding, with a weapon you didn't, and couldn't make yourself.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 31, 2010, 06:38:11 am »
Yuli, fast couple of days, so that you would be very hungry and I think you wouldn't  :'(
It should work ;)

Of course, when you're starving feeding yourself becomes primary drive...nothing else matters...

Yuli I like the idea(since we're talking ideas) of fair chase. So you only hunt with stuff you can make. I think it is fairer and more honourable to be you vs the animal. You give the animal a chance to fight for its' life. It is dishonourable to kill it from hiding, with a weapon you didn't, and couldn't make yourself.

Thats an interesting point...
When we are talking "fair" and "honorable" it depends what the person considers fair and honorable, their beliefs, but also there is the side of the animal's point of view, what the animal thinks, believes and what it (if it even does) consider fair. It gets very deep when you really consider it... We don't know much about how wild animals truly think about things, we know for sure when they run away they are full of fear, so whatever you do to the animal in "respect" for it, the animal has no idea about that...it knows to try and escape death and it knows pain. That is why I don't think either way is "fair" to the animal, it doesn't see it as fair or unfair, when you kill it in a way YOU think is fair it only becomes fair for one person, YOURSELF. That I think is an important point.
I know if I hunt its for getting FOOD (I am not going on a religious journey, I am looking to kill my dinner), I don't believe in any spiritual thing that happens when you actually kill an animal for food, it's simply that. If you don't kill that one you'll have to kill the next one, there's no fair...jaguars and snakes, other poisonous things, all kill their pray this way, its always from a hidden-surprise attack that is usually lethal, once the pray is already in the wrong position it has already failed at escaping...and if its careful enough it will suspect its being stalked, realize it and flee, if it does figure it out, it can win as quickly as it can loose, because once it flees a stalker predator will not chase, instead it will try and find better cover, a better spot and try the gamble again. Looking at it from that point of view, its the same as hunting with a fast projectile weapon (or playing poker  ???), the only thing like you said, yes I wouldn't have made the projectile myself...( well actually its possible to learn to make bows and rifles, they are not lazer-beams, lol )...but I also use a bunch of stuff I didn't make myself, and I offer services to other people to make them things they can't make themselves, to me theres no issue with that.
So in my view the fair hunt would be if you go in the wild and stalk the animal, the animal has a chance to see/smell/sense you and run, you have to be patient and find the right locations etc, you have to decide which area to shoot in to produce the most lethal first attack. If this is executed well, the animal dies very quick without room for escape, which happens in nature a lot so from that point you can view it as fair as well. Humans use tools, and humans hunt to kill (hopefully never as a sport or any kind of game), its also fair (to all nature) to only hunt animals deemed safe for hunting so not to over-hunt any area. Whether it's "honorable" or not is completely irelevant to the animal itself and to nature, its only your personal belief.
I typed a lot but I thought this would be interesting to consider before I ever hunt.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 03, 2010, 09:54:35 am »
yesterday; today pretty much same dif. very organy...spleeny

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 04, 2010, 11:47:13 am »
I got bored of eating plain raw meat for a while so I "cold-cooked" my meat today (I have these food phases going on from time to time).
Minced raw beef into small pieces, added a very small amount of cumin, garlic, ACV, raw sauerkraut juice and Tamari (you can use Nama Shoyu to be true raw paleo but I didn't have it on hand), then topped with fresh egg yolk and a little flax oil.
It turned out pretty tasty  ;D
I think I will experiment with marinades and dips for a few days, should be fun. I was also thinking of spicing bone marrow and see what I can create. Maybe beef sashimi rolled over spiced marrow in the middle... -\

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 05, 2010, 07:21:17 am »
more cold-cooked/marinated meats today...having some nice beef marinated in lemon-ginger-tamari, this turned out even better then yesterdays beef.
Next I am going to try some minced beef heart I marinated in my own honey-mustard-garlic sauce! I think am finally going crazy....

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 05, 2010, 10:12:12 am »
~5-7 Bananas; ~1.1kg Silverside Beef; ~1-2L of water.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 05, 2010, 10:36:54 am »
i had a small indian melon (heirloom from costa rica i found at the farmer's market) this morning. then for dinner, i had a little bit of pork kidney (did not like), beef marrow, and some deer jerky i made. im still hungry though... maybe some eggs or fruit, we'll see

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 07, 2010, 12:20:54 am »
Lamb liver, fat from lamb hearts and kidney fat

After couple of hours the fatty parts of wild boar.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #359 on: November 08, 2010, 05:10:26 pm »
Lamb liver, fat from lamb hearts and kidney fat

Why are your meat in jars?
What is the purpose?

----------------------------------

Ate raw shrimps 2 days ago with the entire family

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2010/11/07/children-loved-these-medium-sized-raw-shrimp-for-dinner/

And last night's dinner was raw horse heart and some raw horse fat from the belly
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 08, 2010, 06:03:17 pm »
Why are your meat in jars?
What is the purpose?
That jar with beef on the right side and the smaller one with some lamb organ-meats are for my friend who is from the city, where there aren't such good things.
That bigger one on the front is for me, but I do not store the meat in it - I use it usually only for transportation from a shop to my house.
I store the meat in the clay containters in the fridge - one of them is on the second pic

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 08, 2010, 06:17:43 pm »

Do you eat the mouse as well?  ;) l)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 09, 2010, 08:42:14 am »
frozen buffalo bones and fresh buffalo meat. got one of those filament fibers stuck in my throat for the first time in many months.

Tried to play bowling with some slimey meat and it hasn't worked yet.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 09, 2010, 10:02:10 am »
kd, did you eat all that marrow in one sitting? if so, impressive. sometimes i eat a lot of eat at one sitting but never that much. meat bowling might be fun. i play with my food sometimes too

i had deer jerky, beef marrow, beef cheek meat (eh, not my favorite, lots of little glands. some of the fat was good though), a cube of high meat (beef), and some beef heart for a really early dinner. then ate four small apples a few hours later with some of those fancy raw olives.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 09, 2010, 10:14:01 am »
yeah. up until recently I have not been much of a big eater but something must have clicked because i'm something of a furnace lately. I already had 2 medium sized meals earlier + 6 eggs on rising and already hunger for something else. Thankfully i'm finally putting on some pounds in the process.

i had a small indian melon (heirloom from costa rica i found at the farmer's market) this morning. then for dinner, i had a little bit of pork kidney (did not like), beef marrow, and some deer jerky i made. im still hungry though... maybe some eggs or fruit, we'll see

sounds like a great variety. I'm really trying to sample everything under the sun n raw kingdom myself, or at least trying things every few days..but largely doing raw fat. I thought I was doing better with fruits but i had 2 apples yesterday and felt the tired eyes today, although working out snapped me back into feeling great and ravenous.

what kind of olives do you get?

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 09, 2010, 10:28:35 am »
i get these from the health food store: http://www.essentiallivingfoods.com/olives/peruvian-pitted-dehydrated-olives.html

they're really tasty and i don't get any problems from them even if i eat a lot. that's good enough for me.

and yeah, i've been trying to taste every raw animal food i can. lately i've been able to get my hands on good quality gunineafowl, pork kidney, beef cheek meat, pork jowl, beef thymus, bison heart, goat heart, etc. all local. i even made a list of all the different raw foods i've eaten just for fun/boredom. it's getting pretty long...

also, i see you have a bag of dulse. i get huge cravings for it sometimes and eat like half a bag. then it tastes disgusting for a few weeks. then repeat. one of my favorite plant foods when the time is right

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 09, 2010, 10:35:18 am »
Whoa, that is a lot of marrow, you can def eat quit a bit.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 09, 2010, 11:40:48 am »
i get these from the health food store: http://www.essentiallivingfoods.com/olives/peruvian-pitted-dehydrated-olives.html

they're really tasty and i don't get any problems from them even if i eat a lot. that's good enough for me.

and yeah, i've been trying to taste every raw animal food i can. lately i've been able to get my hands on good quality gunineafowl, pork kidney, beef cheek meat, pork jowl, beef thymus, bison heart, goat heart, etc. all local. i even made a list of all the different raw foods i've eaten just for fun/boredom. it's getting pretty long...

also, i see you have a bag of dulse. i get huge cravings for it sometimes and eat like half a bag. then it tastes disgusting for a few weeks. then repeat. one of my favorite plant foods when the time is right

nice, yeah I hear that is a good company. I used to eat some from Nature's Frist Law or whatever, I was just curious if you got the sundried or the salt-water brine ones. I tried some olives form the olive bar at WF - which are presumably not raw - and didn't have much of an issue, even though I think plant fats especially are good to never consume heated.  On the homepage they are promoting wild jungle peanuts which I had years ago and were amazing, so maybe i'll go on a kick of raw vegan superfoods to add to my list.  :) I've been eating [all different kinds of greens (frisee, arugula, dandelion, cilantro etc..), yeah seaweeds (I eat laver too..which is kinda like a non-flattened nori that tastes somewhat crap), various mushrooms, and even some cooked veg that is local or wild] every few nights or so. Also every few days I have some type of seafood or chicken, and doing some kind of beef organ meats almost daily. I try to stick with bison for muscle meat and half the marrow I eat and occasional get goat and lamb stuff. I'm starting on some lamb suet to see how that goes. I've been eating alot of pasture eggs too. Enough to make my farmer bust my balls about it. I'm not sure any of this is necessary over just beef products or whatever but my brain and body and thing that regulates boredom send me good vibes.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 12:58:50 pm by KD »

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
My Groceries for the week Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #368 on: November 10, 2010, 05:41:23 am »
My Groceries for the week!

meats:
- tons of grassfed beef muscle (i love that brand so I bought a lot this time)
- young calf liver (mmmm)
organic veggies:
- red cabbage
- purple turnip
- sweet potato
- daikon
- parsnip
- avocado
seed:
- pumpkin!
not very paleo but still good, and raw:
- raw cheddar
- unprocessed red quinoa (gonna sprout this and see if I can make anything funky)

The only thing thats missing in my groceries is FAT and FRUIT, however I was pigging out on honey for a few days so I think I'll skip the fruit for a little while.  :P
As for fat, I couldn't get any good fesh marrow bones so I will live on avocado, flax oil, cod oil and dairy fat until I find some marrow  :D
Unfortunately I don't really like eating suet or any other pure animal fat unless its a part of the meat/attached to the meat, other then marrow. Usually I get some fatty lamb or salmon but I couldn't find...damn why is wild salmon so expensive, I hate it.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 10, 2010, 07:23:33 am »
Do you eat all that stuff raw? Woah you look very different in your new photo btw, I wouldn't recognise you if it wasn't for the name.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 10, 2010, 07:27:00 am »
Do you eat all that stuff raw? Woah you look very different in your new photo btw.

Everything will be eaten raw except one thing, the sweet potato  :o
Last time I ate some cooked sweet potato and it made me feel very nice, full yet energetic, so Ima gonna do again!

EDIT: yah I look different in all my photos, I have a chameleon face, can do any makeup, hairstyle, color etc

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 10, 2010, 07:29:41 am »
Do you eat all that stuff raw? Woah you look very different in your new photo btw. I wouldn't recognise you if it wasn't for the name.

yeah, you've looked different in every photo i've seen of you.

you know who looks the EXACT same in every photo i've seen?

hannibal

every single picture, ha. just something i noticed. it's the same face and always a self-shot. i like it. he's consistent

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 10, 2010, 07:32:05 am »
I should work as an undercover agent, no one will ever recognize me, lol

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 10, 2010, 07:36:50 am »
Everything will be eaten raw except one thing, the sweet potato  :o
Last time I ate some cooked sweet potato and it made me feel very nice, full yet energetic, so Ima gonna do again!

EDIT: yah I look different in all my photos, I have a chameleon face, can do any makeup, hairstyle, color etc

Parsnip; daikon(dunno what it is anyway); purple turnip; pumkin; quinoa(I guess you sprout that? So not 'raw' but uncooked?) - can all be eaten raw!!?!?!?!?!?!?? I didn't know this! Parsnip, pumpkin, purple turnip.. What are these like when raw? What other common vegetables can be eaten raw? I only knew about some leaves, lettuce, cellery, carrots, cabbage, mushrooms..

Can sweet potato even be eaten raw??

you know who looks the EXACT same in every photo i've seen?

hannibal

yeah he always had one eye bigger than the other and head leaning in to the camera I think. Who is that guy in your avatar?
________

ffs lol, I was just about to go back to meat only after eating anything since june, trying everything I can before the winter... I've fasted today in preparation.. Now I find out all this new stuff I can eat!!!! I feel I must try everything.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:43:09 am by miles »

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 10, 2010, 07:46:25 am »
Parsnip; daikon(dunno what it is anyway); purple turnip; pumkin; quinoa(I guess you sprout that? So not 'raw' but uncooked?) - can all be eaten raw!!?!?!?!?!?!?? I didn't know this! Parsnip, pumpkin, purple turnip.. What are these like when raw? What other common vegetables can be eaten raw? I only knew about some leaves, lettuce, cellery, carrots, cabbage, mushrooms..

Can sweet potato even be eaten raw??

LOL, yes they can be eaten raw...there is no pumpkin in my pic though don't know where thats comin from  ???  ....oh the seeds, yes pumpkin seeds are good raw, very yummi

I take purple turnip (bittersweet), purple cabbage (semi-sweet), parsnip (spicy-sweet), daikon (the giant white watery roots, has a peculiar taste, kinda like the common radishes but better) then I put them in a processor which minces them together.
Then add some flax oil, apple cider vinegar, maybe some seeds and enjoy

Last time I made a salad like that but with carrots, apples and cinnamon...it tasted like gingerbread man cookie! I couldn't believe I was eating raw salad and not a desert.

I eat the meats separately and the vegetables separately from the meats of course....

Sweet potato is pretty good raw, but when cooked its very digestible and for some reason way better then other cooked foods, I dunno y

The sweet potato I'd eat separately from the raw meats or raw veggies
The dairy fat I can mix with anything, fruit, meat, veggies, it all goes well with the fat for me...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk