Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 530406 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: What are you eating right now?
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2008, 12:59:18 am »
Tyler, I am also wondering, if your weight is back down to "normal" or what you feel to be "normal"?

Do you think it's the fruit you eat that makes you gain or the two meals you ate on holiday? I was thinking it may be those capsules for your adrenals that may cause extra weight?

Nicola

No, the adrenal capsules don't alter my weight, AFAIK. I do get a little fat if I overdo the fruit, but my weight is fine, now. It's been very stable during my rawpalaeo-era, with my weight only suddenly going up during times when I've had to eat some cooked-foods(usually during the Christmas-New-Year part of the year)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2008, 01:07:08 am »
Steak tartare with egg yolks from my hens and chives from the garden (if you could call it that with all the grass overgrown everywhere).

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2008, 07:03:21 pm »
I just cut up sizes which will fit into my mouth just about and bolt them down with almost no chewing(perhaps a quick chomp of the jaws once or twice, that's it, no more). I always find they digest well, with them being better absorbed by the body than, say, minced raw meat.

Re lobsters:- Same again, no need to chew. The meat of lobsters is so liquidy, anyway, that it would be pointless.

Tyler, I slept over this and have a few more questions:

How did you find out that minced raw meat or chewed meat does not digest as well as bolted ?
What about suet; if you bolt suet then I am shore, that you will find that suet in your stools?
How do you know that you like wild hare or horse meat if you don't chew it; it must all be very much the same?

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2008, 08:04:37 pm »
Tyler, I slept over this and have a few more questions:

How did you find out that minced raw meat or chewed meat does not digest as well as bolted ?
What about suet; if you bolt suet then I am shore, that you will find that suet in your stools?
How do you know that you like wild hare or horse meat if you don't chew it; it must all be very much the same?

Nicola

I used to eat quite a bit of minced, raw meat when I first went rawpalaeo, and it didn't digest well, I would feel a bit unconfortable and it would sit in my stomach for some time(though without the severe stomach-pains I had after eating cooked-animal-food)

I did find suet in my stools for a while. Only with one source of suet, or if I ate too much of it at one meal.

Re wild hare/horsemeat:- I may chew hardly at all, but I do get the full benefit of the taste and texture. However, my main interest is to just bolt down the meats so that I can devote my time to more important non-food-related issues. Going rawpalaeo has saved me SO much time each day that would otherwise be wasted on eating food.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2008, 08:45:54 pm »
This morning, raw Philippine "salmon" ocean fish.
The coconut juice and coconut meat.
Then some bananas.

At lunch, while in the car, my driver was driving, fresh just killed raw sirloin beef with deep yellow fat.

At dinner, raw sea weed "lato" plus raw garlic and raw salmon (shame on me, it's farmed, but it's my wife's birthday and she likes salmon)
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

rawrock2

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2008, 04:44:00 am »
Going rawpalaeo has saved me SO much time each day that would otherwise be wasted on eating food.
That's true.  Since reading that, I have been just swallowing my food whole and it does save time.  Seems right as well, the animals I see on national geographic always gulf their food down as quickly as possible without chewing for the most part.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2008, 04:51:21 am »
That's true.  Since reading that, I have been just swallowing my food whole and it does save time.  Seems right as well, the animals I see on national geographic always gulf their food down as quickly as possible without chewing for the most part.

Re "eating":- I meant, of course , that I saved time by not chewing a lot, or preparing or cooking my foods(well, other than cutting with a knife). *
" Ron Paul.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2008, 08:22:51 pm »
I'm about to eat some lamb liver that's been in the fridge for a week, or a little over a week.
Is there any bacterial benefit to this at all? Has that been enough time? Or will I just be eating disgusting old liver for no extra benefit at all? I know most high meat is like a month old, right?
This is the oldest meat that I'll have ever eaten. I usually find liver to be pretty gross after 3 days in the fridge... I can't imagine what this is gonna be like.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2008, 12:07:01 am »
Well, anyway I just ate a bit of it.
Definitely smelled AWFUL and tasted pretty bad. Not as bad as I thought it would be though. Washing it down with mineral water made it a lot better. I only chewed each bite a couple times. Couldn't have done much more. I feel accomplished  ;D

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2008, 12:07:18 am »
I'm about to eat some lamb liver that's been in the fridge for a week, or a little over a week.
Is there any bacterial benefit to this at all? Has that been enough time? Or will I just be eating disgusting old liver for no extra benefit at all? I know most high meat is like a month old, right?
This is the oldest meat that I'll have ever eaten. I usually find liver to be pretty gross after 3 days in the fridge... I can't imagine what this is gonna be like.

I find slightly-aged, raw meat to be more digestible than raw meats, but it doesn't have anywhere near the effect of "high-meat". I usually need to wait c. 2-3 weeks to get some effect. Of course, it depends on so many different factors(how cold the fridge is etc.) Sometimes, when I've left it out of the fridge, the organ-meat becomes too dried to become "high-meat" - I assume some humidity is required - wouldn't happen with liver, though, it's too soft.

I've tried raw liver as "high-meat" in the past, and it didn't turn out to be a success. By the time it was "high-meat-ripe" it was practically a liquid soup, and I can't face eating the stuff.

I found it much easier to use beef-/ox-heart or, to a lesser extent, ox-/beef-tongue instead, re high-meat.

Try the aged, raw liver for now anyway - it'll help you to get used to aged meat in general.
" Ron Paul.

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2008, 12:13:18 pm »
What am I eating right now? You don't even want to know. :-\

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2008, 09:23:10 am »
What am I eating right now? You don't even want to know. :-\
That bad, huh?

I'm eating the 100% grass-fed beef that I got from the Farmer's Market today.
The taste and smell are SOOOOO much different than what I'm used to, the meat that gets sent to me.
This meat I'm eating now has a flavor that is so... robust! It's so strong.
I don't even know if I like it or not!
What might be the reason for this drastically different flavor?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2008, 10:02:04 am »
This breakfast:

Papaya
Rambutan

Then coconut juice and coconut meat snack

Then saba banana snack

I'm awaiting our maids to finish dressing 2 native chickens and I've reserved a breast and liver for myself.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Satya

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2008, 10:22:14 am »
The taste and smell are SOOOOO much different than what I'm used to, the meat that gets sent to me.

Grassfed beef (GFB) can taste different depending on the source.  My ranchers, John and Wendy Taggert, at Burgundy Pasture Beef (BPB), give me more insight into cattle raising every time I place an order (and I should write everything they tell me down as I can forget tid bits).  And really, there are so many factors like age of animal,  aging of hanged beef, grasses consumed (and weather conditions, etc.), stress for cows at slaughter, you name it.  They have said cows can be skinny and tough, or fat and tender (and I have seen and tasted differences from local farms).  In the past, I have had GFB that tastes vaguely of fish, and I didn't care for it.  Of course, it was cooked somewhat, so the flavor was probably more pronounced than it would have been tasting it raw now.  When I tried BPB meat a few years ago (cooked rare), it was complex and earthy, like you could taste the land and care that went into it, if that makes sense.  It was as similar to  the differences between wines, or how the playing of Beethoven's 7th is different by performance.

I don't know what to tell you, but ask your farmers everything.  If they are knowledgeable and caring, they will want to share with you why they raise their beef the way they do, and can probably tell you why it tastes like it does.  You are becoming the fine beef connessieur, what can you say?

It is really green here in N TX since late august.  I have 2 whole lambs on order from another farm who are chowing down on some super lush local grasses now.  I can't wait to sink my teeth and camera into it next month!

« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 10:30:48 am by Satya »

Offline PaleoKyle

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2008, 06:22:14 pm »
That bad, huh?

I think age of cow and type of grass eaten affect the taste most. If the prices are high it is most likely due to age. I pay $7-12/lb for my local ground meat, but those cows live to be 8 years old before slaughter. There are also different grasses some with higher sugar/carbs than others. Also region would make a difference. Cows from the northeast (where I am ) get less sun and heat than cows in the south.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2008, 06:48:53 pm »
ah, thanks Satya and Kyle for setting me straight!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2008, 11:04:20 pm »
We had a dinner party tonight for me, my son and my wife's birthday so we had lots of raw stuff:

raw salmon, raw tuna, raw blue marlin
a home made raw pesto to put on raw salad greens
coconut juice
rambutan

I drove my grandmother home late at night.

I just arrived and had 3 raw fertilized duck egg yolks.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2008, 11:15:10 pm »
it was all three of your birthdays?

What is rambutan? (i haven't asked this before have I? I hope not! :-[)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2008, 11:39:17 pm »
My wife September 18
Me, my 2nd son, my dad September 20
My best friend also September 20 he came by too.

This is rambutan...

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2008, 11:46:41 pm »
wow, look awesome!
what's it like?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2008, 11:55:51 pm »
The kids and my wife really like this fruit.
Rambutan tastes like rambutan.
It's juicy, light sweet, watery, it quenches thirst, your hands get sticky.
There is a big seed in the middle.  You don't eat the seed.
The flesh is firm gelatin type about 1/8" thick.
My kids can eat 10 rambutans at a time.
We have this every morning and every day while it is in season.
Then we move on to the next fruit in season.

Here is the rambutan in the basket and the food we had for dinner.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 12:02:46 am by goodsamaritan »

Satya

« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2008, 12:08:13 am »
Happy birthday, Edwin!  (I can't believe I missed it!)
What a festive spread!  Oh, yum yum yum!
Enjoy the rest of your birthday weekend!

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2008, 12:11:04 am »
Oh yes, how rude of me! Happy birthday!
What a great looking family

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2008, 06:36:09 am »
Rambutans are tasty, we used to get them when we were in singapore, just buy a huge bag for the day. Happy Birthday too!
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2008, 01:40:09 am »
Just finished up some two-week old lamb liver.
I don't think it was quite "high" yet, but it was really stinky.
Didn't taste too bad though.
Could it be that only beef liver turns into soup as it gets older? Because the lamb liver was much more solid than it was originally.

Man... maybe it was old enough to have some "high" benefits.... I feel like there is energy surging through my body and my brain seems really focused. Could just be a mental thing though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk