Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529600 times)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #525 on: December 15, 2010, 01:02:44 am »
Yes, it's a traditional clay pot :)Fresh wild boar meat is available in Warsaw (the capital of Poland). I've got it from Elite Expeditions from Zwierzyniec; btw, they export quite a lot of wild meats to the Germany and France. ....

You have to come here and have some bison, and we have to go there and feast on some of that tasty boar of yours!  ;D
BTW I bought some imported Polish butter in the Russian foods store here, its very tasty butter and has a nice deep yellow color. I am sure its not raw but it has no additives at least (I was just excited to get Polish butter lol). The raw version of that butter must be great in Poland.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 15, 2010, 01:37:25 am »
You have to come here and have some bison, and we have to go there and feast on some of that tasty boar of yours!  ;D
That would be great :)
BTW I bought some imported Polish butter in the Russian foods store here, its very tasty butter and has a nice deep yellow color. I am sure its not raw but it has no additives at least (I was just excited to get Polish butter lol). The raw version of that butter must be great in Poland.
Yeah, raw Polish butter is tasty, much better than standard pasteurized one from the shop.
In the first year of my "raw journey" I was eating quite a lot of it, as a source of fat.
Now I practically do not eat any dairy.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #527 on: December 15, 2010, 02:01:42 am »
 Tomorrow, I am having some raw wild boar as well as the usual raw stagmeat plus raw apples/pears/oranges. Stagmeat seems a lot cheaper than wild boar.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #528 on: December 15, 2010, 03:16:14 am »
Stagmeat seems a lot cheaper than wild boar.

What's the difference in flavor between Stagmeat and doemeat?  I tried raw venison, but I'm not sure which gender it was.  It tasted iron rich, kind of like calves liver.

I'm drinking a non paleo food.  It is raw and from an animal (and grassfed and local).  It's jersey cow non starter cultured buttermilk.  One of my cats is enjoying drinking it too.  We just made two batches of butter.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:22:16 am by RawZi »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #529 on: December 15, 2010, 04:07:39 am »
    What's the difference in flavor between Stagmeat and doemeat?  I tried raw venison, but I'm not sure which gender it was.  It tasted iron rich, kind of like calves liver.

I'm pretty sure that general venison is always doe meat. Stagmeat is seen as tougher, as I recall, and therefore costs less than regular venison, at least where I've bought it. I actually prefer the taste of raw stagmeat, it seems richer to me, but I could be wrong.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 15, 2010, 05:01:03 am »
I finally cracked that egg, here are some pics
It was excellent. Taste like chicken eggs but with it's own accent.
The bowls are 5-6 inches in diameter, rocky style was not happening LOL
If someone could size them down I would appreciate it :)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 18, 2010, 06:53:21 am »
I was surprised to find I like whole raw quail eggs! Because I hate the raw egg whites of chickens, I'll gag, but have no issue just drinking the quail eggs.

The chicken egg whites are slimy or harder and gel-like, but the quail egg whites are just like watery, and with the yolks taste great. My cats really love drinking them too and they don't like chicken eggs too.

From now on I am switching chicken eggs to quail eggs for raw consumption.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #532 on: December 18, 2010, 06:54:43 am »
I far prefer raw quail eggs to raw chicken eggs. Raw goose eggs are also well worth trying, IMO.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 18, 2010, 06:57:55 am »
...If someone could size them down I would appreciate it :)

Imagine what it would have been like to eat dinosaur eggs!  ??? I know its not possible but that would be fun.

I far prefer raw quail eggs to raw chicken eggs. Raw goose eggs are also well worth trying, IMO.

Never found goose eggs yet, I'll check some more Asian markets, thats where I find the quail eggs and they are fairly cheap.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 18, 2010, 09:20:51 am »
Imagine what it would have been like to eat dinosaur eggs!  ??? I know its not possible but that would be fun.

It is possible to imagine anything. I would love to try dino eggs! They probably could have been a meal in one.
Chicken eggs are gross. If I can't get at least duck, I don't eat eggs.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 18, 2010, 09:52:31 pm »
"If the egg white is watery instead of gel-like, don't consume the egg. "
- http://www.13.waisays.com/egg-yolk.htm

Why does it say this?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 18, 2010, 10:54:52 pm »
Why does it say this?
Because it's an urban legend.  ;D
Several hours ago I consumed 1,5-month-old egg yolks and 3 od them were black and the whites watery.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 20, 2010, 11:44:47 am »
lunch: bison heart, lamb suet, beef marrow

dinner: beef jerky, lamb suet

snacks after dinner: mizuna, hen of the woods mushroom (maitake), carob powder, banana, celeriac

i had a very physically demanding day so ate a good amount of food today

ps: first time i had celeriac. coincidentally, i saw that miles and yuli also had some recently. miles, it does taste a lot like mushrooms actually. good call. i like it

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 21, 2010, 11:26:12 am »
Today I first had some beef fat, followed by 1.815kg fresh lean bloody beef roasting joint. This was the first time I actually drank blood, previously if I've ever had any runny blood I've just tried to pick it up with the meat, planning to drink any that's left at the end but it's just dried up before I could get to it. I recently had a bloody fresh liver in the fridge but I took about 2 weeks to finish it and at the end there was a decent amount of that thick sticky blood candy which someone else mentioned. The blood I drank had a taste which reminded me of tomato juice.

I also had 4 large carrots and 2 large pears afterwards.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 21, 2010, 12:08:57 pm »
Monday night is Mac and Cheese night.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: December 21, 2010, 12:11:48 pm »
Looks delicious KD,
Do you eat the whole things?
Bones? Skins?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 21, 2010, 12:16:37 pm »
nah what you see in the second pic is what I didn't eat. I did eat all the eyes and whatever organs I can decipher. i'm not very miserly with fish - it was like 5$ for these- and some bits can taste sort of metallic and I just let it be.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 21, 2010, 02:42:15 pm »
@KD Hahah Mac & Cheese. Nice man, that was hilarious.

Ground Beef, liver. Srpouts (clover and radish) grown in WI, organic lettuce, and Wisconsin Cranberries.

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 22, 2010, 03:17:41 am »
I ended up eating almost half a raw chicken last night. I don't know why I did that, I don't like chicken , cooked or not, and I'm crossing my fingers that I don't get sick. I was like a demon possessed and it just looked so good. I really hope I don't fall ill.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #544 on: December 22, 2010, 04:59:32 am »
Raw wild boar plus some raw pears.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 22, 2010, 07:19:27 am »
I ended up eating almost half a raw chicken last night. I don't know why I did that, I don't like chicken , cooked or not, and I'm crossing my fingers that I don't get sick. I was like a demon possessed and it just looked so good. I really hope I don't fall ill.

Wow, maybe your body needed a lot of somthing that was in the chicken  -\ raw chicken honestly grosses me out though, its the only raw meat that I won't really eat unless I really had to....don't worry you probably won't get any salmonella overload if you don't dwell on it too much, I have a feeling the more we worry the more chance something will make us sick....sometimes...

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 22, 2010, 07:25:20 am »
There was this meat shop with some American Kobe rib eyes. They were frozen, but I picked one up. It was honestly one of the best pieces of meat I have ever had, and I eat a lot of terrific meat.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #547 on: December 22, 2010, 07:48:47 am »
There was this meat shop with some American Kobe rib eyes. They were frozen, but I picked one up. It was honestly one of the best pieces of meat I have ever had, and I eat a lot of terrific meat.
  Kobe beef is notoriously grainfed - avoid in future, IMO.
" Ron Paul.

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 22, 2010, 09:47:08 am »
  Kobe beef is notoriously grainfed - avoid in future, IMO.
I understand that. I eat a good deal of my meat grass fed. I kind of round out the O 3/6 ratio by eating a bit of salmon, so I figure I'll be fine.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 22, 2010, 10:58:18 am »
A local dairy farmer gave me a whole beef heart, whole tongue, and whole liver. I had to go buy more mason jars  :o
So I'll be eating liver for a while... LOL  The thing is massive, at least five pounds probably closer to ten.

I was chilling with a young bull today and he was licking my hands, the more I look at the tongue the more it creeps me out.. :P
Any recommendations on what I should do with the tongue? Get it high? just eat it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk