Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529506 times)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #600 on: December 30, 2010, 03:05:19 am »
The marbling would get in the way of the muscle function. There's nothing good about it being there, it serves no purpose for padding or insulation, it can only be a malfunction.
Intramuscular triglycerides can be used as the very good source of energy
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa108.htm
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #601 on: December 30, 2010, 03:15:27 am »

Tyler probably too.
Yeah, I would certainly disagree. Once one gets used to the taste of raw meats, one generally finds that raw wild game tastes far superior to grassfed and that grassfed is superior to grainfed.

As for the issue of grassfed meats and fat, I have heard of 1  extreme-farming RVAFer that it is possible to build up some sizeable fats when feeding their animals on grass and not grains. He said that it takes  many years longer to build up sufficient fat-layers with 100 percent grassfeeding, and that he took great care to feed them on lots of extra herbs like clover etc.

Fat on wild animals does exist too, but is far less evident as wild animals naturally have to exercise a great deal throughout their lives.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 31, 2010, 03:06:24 am »
Yeah, I would certainly disagree. Once one gets used to the taste of raw meats, one generally finds that raw wild game tastes far superior to grassfed and that grassfed is superior to grainfed.

Sure wild game as a stronger taste, domesticated animals meat is rather bland in comparison.

It just happened that I had a phone call last night from a friend farmer–hunter and raw-dieter since birth. He got a wild boar and asked me if I wanted some or even the whole beast. As my meat fridge was almost empty, I went to take it this morning. His younger brother and sister (also all raw) were there. As I knew they tried to eat some commercial beef sometimes, I asked them how it tastes compared to 100% grass fed beef. The answer is that sometimes it tastes not as good, but sometimes it tastes as good. Overall they agreed with me that there’s no way to know by the taste if the meat is ok or not.

Fat on wild animals does exist too, but is far less evident as wild animals naturally have to exercise a great deal throughout their lives.

Yes, there’s usually little fat on wild mammals and I never saw any marbled meat from a wild mammal.  The wild boar I brought back today has almost no fat. Apparently they get some fat when they have access to corn fields.

To get back on topic, tonight I had "chocolata" clams first; then a while latter cauliflower, one and half carrots, a sweet patatoe, 2 avocados; and latter on 4 small persimmons.

François
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 03:22:47 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 31, 2010, 03:32:15 pm »
Yes, there’s usually little fat on wild mammals (..)  Apparently they get some fat when they have access to corn fields.
That's not necessarily true.
It depends on the species.
Some animals are more predisposed to getting fat while the others stay quite lean regardless of what they eat.
There are very fatty wild seals, walruses, polar bears and relatively lean caribous. And neither of them have got access to any corns whatsover.
In Africa there are fatty hippos and very lean antelopes; still no acorns.
Look at the Iberico Black Pigs - http://tiny.pl/hct9t
They practically only eat grass and acorns. Quite fatty they are, arent they?
But give the same food to goats and they will remain very lean.
On the other hand the sheep on the same grazing could get heckuva fat.
And so on...

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 31, 2010, 04:02:26 pm »
There are very fatty wild seals, walruses, polar bears and relatively lean caribous. And neither of them have got access to any corns whatsover.

Yes, I agree: I was just talking about the wild animals we have access here in temperate climates. There might be exceptions, though.

Cheers
François
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 31, 2010, 04:19:57 pm »
I was just talking about the wild animals we have access here in temperate climates.  
Wild boars, bears or wisents are IMO definitely much fatter than the deers, even without any grains.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 31, 2010, 04:40:19 pm »
Can you get bear and wisent meat in Poland? I never found any.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 31, 2010, 04:41:11 pm »
There are very fatty wild seals

These are only fatty in comparison to non-fatty wild animals, from what I've seen. They still appear to have nowhere near as much fat as domesticated animals.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 31, 2010, 06:57:57 pm »
These are only fatty in comparison to non-fatty wild animals, from what I've seen. They still appear to have nowhere near as much fat as domesticated animals.
That's obviously untrue.
The seals are soooooo fatty, that their fat not only have sufficed for eating purposes among Inuits, but also have been used for heating by them.
On the other hand domesticated animals can be very lean.  
Can you get bear and wisent meat in Poland? I never found any. 
Bear - not.
But wisent is available, although not so easily.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #609 on: December 31, 2010, 07:21:33 pm »
Actually,I read somewhere that while seals do have a lot of fat in the form of blubber, their actual meat is very lean indeed.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 31, 2010, 07:26:28 pm »
Actually,I read somewhere that while seals do have a lot of fat in the form of blubber, their actual meat is very lean indeed.
Come on...
the whole carcass is what it's important
a lot of blubber = fatty seal

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 31, 2010, 07:38:37 pm »
On the videos of inuit eating seals, when they cut it open it does not look particularly fatty, even the blubber.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 31, 2010, 08:33:28 pm »
On the videos of inuit eating seals, when they cut it open it does not look particularly fatty, even the blubber.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 01, 2011, 03:11:07 am »
If only I could just wrap myself up in that slab of fat and stay there forever... ftw

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 03, 2011, 10:52:32 am »
liver of white tail deer we harvested about one month ago.
nothing like beef, bison, or lamb liver.  the sweetness is about the same but with much different flavor.  and texture is kind of crunchy.

i did locate two worm cysts (i think that's what they were).  small things, outer shell is transparent and another solid white ball inside.  it probably has more.  it's been in the freezer for a month so i'm not worried too much about it.

hopefully we'll get more deers later this year.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: January 04, 2011, 11:26:35 am »
Right now I have a lot of beef since my farmer doesn't have enough lamb available until spring, and I don't want to eat raw pork. I plan to order some bison and lamb products from slankers, when I get another freezer.

I've been eating loin roast with kidney today. The fat attached to the kidney tastes really good.

I have been eating about 4 eggs and 1 avocado regularly. I stopped all the dairy because I noticed, after being off it a few days and adding it back, that my mood was slightly "different."

I ate a lot of fish this weekend and by the end of the weekend it started to taste really bad. It wasn't old fish. I guess that's my body's way of telling me that it doesn't want any more fish. XD
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 04, 2011, 11:32:55 am »
lunch: venison, bison marrow, pork fat, and then some small pieces of beef thymus and lamb liver

dinner: a few oranges and dates, then some pecans and honey

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 04, 2011, 11:37:19 am »
liver of white tail deer we harvested about one month ago.
nothing like beef, bison, or lamb liver.  the sweetness is about the same but with much different flavor.  and texture is kind of crunchy.

i did locate two worm cysts (i think that's what they were).  small things, outer shell is transparent and another solid white ball inside.  it probably has more.  it's been in the freezer for a month so I'm not worried too much about it.

hopefully we'll get more deers later this year.
I got a young buck(roadkill ) and its liver was very crisp without a single blemish

The goats I had killed a year ago had those cyst on it, I ate some of it but am still kind of worried about what the cyst where. I am not sure if its damaged tissue, or worms. I haven't had any issues so far.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 04, 2011, 12:57:19 pm »
I tried to get a young doe the other day, it was hit by a car two hours earlier.
The cop told me I had to have a license to collect road kill!
Is your situation the same or did you just grab it?

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 04, 2011, 01:52:52 pm »
I just grab and go, You can stake out a roadkill and throw it off to the side and come back after hours to avoid 9 to five park rangers. If they approach you while you are moving it try and claim you are moving it away from the road or something clever. I live in the commonwealth of Kentucky and I have never been bothered by the law. I butcher and hang the skins of animals in my backyard and no one complains. I think the neighbors think I am some kind of warewolf.

Don't ask anyones permission and when the coast is clear just take it.
Just dont get caught by some crazed space ranger and you should be safe.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 03:24:23 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 06, 2011, 08:15:49 am »
Ate 3/4 of a big marrow bone, and also this one had loads of delicious refreshing fat around the joint too, it was wonderful.

Ate some of a REALLY fresh bloody ox liver, delicious.

Had a most of a breast of lamb, and over a kilo of beef roasting joint.

I swallowed a small piece of bone though accidently and it was in my throat for a bit, now my throat feels dry from it =/

The butcher gave me some ox blood, out of a vac pack or something, but it'd gone tangy so I dunno how good it is to drink.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 06, 2011, 08:49:48 am »
I drink the tangy blood from the beef cases I get, Just mixed a bit with some clam juice and it was refreshing. especially after a long day of work. I found these giant clams for 40 cents a piece and they were full of meat and juice.

I had clams, beef, bone marrow, lamb fat trimmings , two egg yolks, and some coconut butter for dinner tonight. I even ate a couple of olives for the first time in a long time, they were very tasty. I just got a new case of beef yesterday and it seems that my apatite always increases the first couple of days into a fresh case of beef.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 06, 2011, 09:43:08 am »
You guys are so resourcefull!!!

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 06, 2011, 09:45:28 am »
lunch: 2 eggs, beef shank (with marrow), hog fat, lamb liver, sun dried tomatoes

dinner: beef brisket, marrow, hog fat, beef kidney, venison jerky

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 06, 2011, 10:28:53 am »
i just finished a pair of white-tail kidneys.  if anyone wanted to eat kidneys but doesn't like taste/smell then try white-tail kidneys.  they have the mildest taste and smell out of all the kidneys i tried.
they were wrapped in really soft suet and had adrenals attached to it.  not bad.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk