Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529675 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: What are you eating right now?
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2008, 03:26:56 pm »
My family is in Palawan Philippines beginning today.  But because of internet technology, I have a connection via cellular 3G broadband.  And even though I'm at a remote organic farm in Palawan, we have internet.  Which means I get to keep up with my employees working in the office.  The boss gets to chat with them.

This morning we arrived around 10am in Puerto Princessa city, the capital of Palawan province.

We went to the big market to see the spectacular array of fresh ocean food they have there, never been frozen.

We immediately got organic coconut vinegar for 6 pesos for a small bottle.

I got the Palawan type of sea weed like grapes, different from the ones we get in Manila for 15 pesos per plate.  I got 5 plates.

I got 3/4 kilo of live ocean shrimps for P 180.

I got newly put in the plastic fresh this morning sea urchins.  For P 20 per little plastic bag.  They had live ones there, but I didn't know how to open them up and clean them.

We all went to the restaurant around 11:30am with my wife, my kids and other Palawan locals.  They did not mind what I was having for lunch and they also ate some of my stuff.  This apparently is normal fare in Palawan where you can get everything fresh and organic.  The waiter even asked me courteously if they should remove the shells from my live shrimp.  I said yes and they unshelled my live shrimps and presented it in a nice plate presentation which I took a picture of !!!  How's that for service?

When we arrived in the organic farm, where we are staying, for refreshments they served us freshly picked coconuts, fresh from the tree jack fruit, fresh from the tree papaya.  Ah refreshing.

I'm in tropical paleo paradise right now.

-------------

I just realized how nature spoiled the people are in this province.  The organic farm director tells me he doesn't like the taste of fish that has been put in an ice chest!

(Because when he wants fresh fish, he drives over to the local fisherman or local market and gets it freshly caught, never been iced.)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:14:48 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2008, 03:45:03 pm »
On the way to the organic farm, our host stopped by a young lady selling something on the street.

She was selling TAMILUK ... these are mangrove tree grubs / worms / I do not know what they really are but the locals call it TAMILUK.

These TAMILUK live inside the mangrove trees and eat it inside.  You break open a dead tree and harvest these TAMILUK.

You put them in a bowl of vinegar and calamansi (our lemons).

I'm having these grubs for dinner.

I just showed this to our driver and he says he really likes these grubs, says the ones we got are still alive, says when he goes home to his wife he will go and buy some for his wife who also loves eating these grubs.

These Palawan natives are not into cooking these grubs and these are relished to be eaten raw and alive.  And they have no idea what raw paleo diet is.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:24:53 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2008, 07:37:39 pm »
    I ate raw calves liver, berries (blue, rasp and straw) and raw beef marrow earlier.  I'm not eating at the present, but Edwin, wow, that is so interesting!  :)  Thank you for sharing.  I have been in mangroves, and saw bioluminescent shrimp, but didn't know what might be in the trees and didn't look.  Maybe I'll get a chance in the future.

On the way to the organic farm, our host stopped by a young lady selling something on the street.

She was selling TAMILUK ... these are mangrove tree grubs / worms / I do not know what they really are but the locals call it TAMILUK.

These TAMILUK live inside the mangrove trees and eat it inside.  You break open a dead tree and harvest these TAMILUK.

You put them in a bowl of vinegar and calamansi (our lemons).

I'm having these grubs for dinner.

I just showed this to our driver and he says he really likes these grubs, says the ones we got are still alive, says when he goes home to his wife he will go and buy some for his wife who also loves eating these grubs.

These Palawan natives are not into cooking these grubs and these are relished to be eaten raw and alive.  And they have no idea what raw paleo diet is.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2008, 09:04:53 pm »
That's amazing. You're very lucky where you live, GoodSamaritan. Over here, everything is so hyper-regulated that such treats would be very difficult to find.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

livingthelife

« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2008, 02:10:42 am »
beef jerky
lamb suet chunks
grapes
greens
red wine

Offline glennm01

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2008, 02:43:31 pm »
Here's one of my old standby meals. Half pound of grassfed ground beef with AV's thousand island meat dressing, and AV's lubrication drink. Good times!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2008, 07:55:23 pm »
Still on vacation in Palawan in the organic farm.

At breakfast:

Organic Papaya my kids picked from the tree and coconut juice and coconut meat also from this farm.

This morning we went to the nearby local small market and I got to buy some things and ate:

At the beach around 10am, 2 pieces ocean caught reddish / purplish prawns.

At lunch 1 ocean crab / ALIMASAG.  First time I ever saw and bought LIVE ALIMASAG... they are usually dead and iced in Manila.  First time I ever ate this raw too because it is fresh and alive.

In this province of Palawan, the notion of people is if you sell sea food on ice, it is NO LONGER FRESH, so sea food is sold WITHOUT ICE as a rule to prove its freshness.

Other snacks around the day was jack fruit, more papaya, more coconuts for juice and meat, guyabano (graviola), singkamas (I don't know what this is in english)

I feel like I'm in the garden of eating... pig out everyday.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:14:27 pm by goodsamaritan »

livingthelife

« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2008, 11:24:45 pm »
I love your pictures, goodsamaritan!

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2008, 01:21:22 am »
yeah they are great! and make me juuuuust a little jealous  -d

right now I'm eating fresh, local grass-fed sirloin steak

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #184 on: December 14, 2008, 02:28:13 pm »
Thanks livingthelife, glad you're back.

No need for jealousy... I'll be happy enough to be your paleo diet tour guide if you visit us in our corner of the world.

It is Sunday and this morning we went to the Sunday Market in a nearby town in Palawan.

This time we got some:

clams, small and big

2 wild blue crabs (alimango), a small female crab and a big male crab

a 6+ kilo whole bluefin tuna, not sold in Manila, the major tuna ports export all blue fins to Japan, we in Manila get the yellow fin tuna which is less fatty.

and by luck Palawan grown and slaughtered beef!  Got bone marrow, sirloin, meaty bones for soup.

So my schedule for the day aside from the multitudes of fruits we've got are:

9am, the female crab... yummy

12nn, blue fin tuna + beef bone marrow

in the evening the clams will be ready as they may have finished spitting out the sand from their innards.

Prices... everything is so cheap in this far away province.  Imagine how cheap it is from my perspective, imagine how much cheaper it must be if you live in a 1st world country.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 06:40:21 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #185 on: December 16, 2008, 06:33:26 am »
Reporting again from my vacation in Palawan.

Yesterday morning we of course had fruits in the morning.
Papaya, coconut, guyabano
and I tasted one raw duck egg we bought at the market the previous day... very fresh... just like the ones laid by our ducks at home.

At lunch I had ordered and fetched ocean crabs (alimasag)... the other day it was my first time to see them alive, even if weak.  Now I saw them in a cage by the sea shore and they were alive and running fast.  Whoa!  I never knew these alimasag ran as fast as those tiny ghost crabs.  I bought 2 kilos of these alimasag and I ate 2 pieces... a male and a female alimasag.  I asked the kids whether I would bash them with the blunt side of my knife or just chop them "Jedi Style" with the sharp side.  My mother in law said use the sharp side to be humanitarian about it and not allow the poor creatures to suffer.

Live ocean crabs (alimasag)... tasty stuff... just a little tedious at the small claws.

In the mid afternoon I just had to taste my palawan born and fed beef sirloin.  Fat tasted good.  The meat reminds of the traditional christmas ham I used to eat in my SAD days.

In the evening, the farming school students celebrated with my wife and our family so we were sitting at the presidential table so I had to have socials with them and ate 2 pieces of barbecued chicken.  After which I scooted over to the kitchen and opened up a small ripe organic papaya hoping to digest the cooked food completely.  For the newbies... cooked proteins putrefies.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 06:45:26 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 26, 2008, 03:01:36 pm »
I've pretty much fallen headfirst off the "raw paleo" wagon over christmas break... ugh.
i don't even feel worthy to be posting on here haha

oh well need to get right back on!

Offline Waungata

• Trapper
  • Neander Valley
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 26, 2008, 04:02:44 pm »
I'm salivating because I'm NOT eating anything right now! Uhhhhgggg!!!!

I had a little over-cooked prime rib though... -\ 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2009, 07:20:00 pm »
I ate raw beef heart for dinner. (never frozen, refrigerated for 1 day)  It was my first time.
Very good!  Very tasty.  Awesome texture and crunchiness.
I just cubed it and used chopsticks.
I had some beef muscle on the side and I felt the beef heart was so much better than the beef muscle I usually eat.  Raw beef heart tasted like it was for the chief or for the prince and the beef muscle seemed like it was only good enough for the slaves.

Cheap too! 
Beef Heart: 100 pesos per kilo
Beef sirloin: 270 pesos per kilo

Offline primaD

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2009, 08:05:14 am »
No need for jealousy... I'll be happy enough to be your paleo diet tour guide if you visit us in our corner of the world.
Well, I'm going to take you up on that offer.   O0  Pupunta ako sa PI pagatapos 2-3 months.  Sinabi mo magtitira ka sa Manila, di ba?  Usot masyado.  I'm going to retire there one day on 30+ acres with a farm.  Besides the air pollution problem, life there is soo nice! 

Offline primaD

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2009, 08:40:21 am »
oh and i'm eating two oranges.  on my way to the store to purchase raw pork/cow liver.  (whichever is cheaper)  that's all i'm eating today to my knowledge.  funds kinda scarce lately.

Offline primaD

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2009, 08:41:21 am »
oh and i'm eating two oranges.  on my way to the store to purchase raw pork/cow liver.  (whichever is cheaper)  that's all i'm eating today to my knowledge.  funds kinda scarce lately.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2009, 06:01:34 pm »
Well, I'm going to take you up on that offer.   O0  Pupunta ako sa PI pagatapos 2-3 months.  Sinabi mo magtitira ka sa Manila, di ba?  Usot masyado.  I'm going to retire there one day on 30+ acres with a farm.  Besides the air pollution problem, life there is soo nice! 

Hey... looks like someone has a Filipina girlfriend...

See you in 2 to 3 months.

I live in Marikina City, the whole metropolis conglomeration of cities is called Metro Manila.

Yes, too much smoke in the big city, old japanese diesel engines and 2 stroke motorcycles.

I'll show you around my sources of paleo food.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 10, 2009, 04:13:43 am »
this thread needs to be revived.

for lunch i had about a pound of fresh wild mackerel followed by some lamb fat and beef marrow.

might have a cucumber as a snack soon, we'll see...

for dinner it's looking like a pound of organic grass fed lamb and beef marrow.

im hoping to start taking pictures of some of my meals to post on here. i love all of GS's pics. more people should post them!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 10, 2009, 10:53:41 am »
For lunch:

about 1/4 pound raw non-treated scallops
about 1/2 pound raw deer liver (really good quality)
about 1/4 pound raw smelt roe

For snack: 3 pears

For other snack: about 1/4 pound cashews

for other snack: about 3 ounces raw honeycomb

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2009, 12:47:42 pm »
to cherimoya-kid,  raw non-treated scallops are available in whole food or where you get them from? thanks :)
bugs or country chickens

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #196 on: December 10, 2009, 08:23:43 pm »
Today, I'm eating a very large bag of raw mussels. Tomorrow, some raw marrow(2 bones of many inches length(8?) and maybe a little raw wild hare.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2009, 12:48:03 am »
Now I'm eating one-week-old lamb hearts and tongues, a little bit of fresh young wild boar and mutton suet (some new kind and it's very toothsome)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Quinroxanne

• Forager
  • A blogger Mom, Proud Pinay
    • View Profile
    • Colon News
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2009, 03:00:27 pm »
Today I ate a slice of bread with coffee on the side for my breakfast, sinigang na isda and rice for lunch I am planning to have fresh lumpia for dinner. :D

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2009, 05:32:35 pm »
Today I ate a slice of bread with coffee on the side for my breakfast, sinigang na isda and rice for lunch I am planning to have fresh lumpia for dinner. :D
You are aware that this is a raw paleolithic diet forum, right? It's just that bread/coffee/rice and other cooked or non-palaeo foods are rather against rawpalaeo dietary guidelines. We eat things like raw meat, raw fruit etc/ But perhaps you're just transitioning to rawpalaeo, at this stage.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk