Author Topic: Early man ‘butchered and ate the brains of children  (Read 9585 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Early man ‘butchered and ate the brains of children
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 07:12:33 am »
    I guess they didn't have to worry about graveyards taking up too much space.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 01:35:51 pm »
Explains why they always had such small populations...
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 03:37:23 pm »
we have been spamed

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 05:53:46 pm »
I made previous references to cannibalism in the palaeolithic era a while back  but a few here didn't believe me or thought it was exaggerated.

There is this one kooky guy who claimed that the reason why we became intelligent was because our apemen ancestors had a preference for the consumption of hominid brains from neighbouring tribes.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 07:32:58 pm »
I believe that the priesthood of the Aztec were human farmers and would feast on raw human flesh after the ritual sacrifice(it may of given them great strength and intelligence that they used to build an empire and work on the great mysteries of the universe(mathematical thinking , star charting, spiritual intuition)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 08:42:09 pm »
I'd think cannibalism happened at certain points in time.
There had to be good reasons to do it: war, famine, etc.
It's not as if it was a standard feature or preferred staple food.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 02:35:44 am »
The above article made it clear that there was plentiful prey living near the caves so that those hominids did not become cannibals because of desperate times like famine.  They probably thought like more recent tribes(ie eat the brain and you'll become more intelligent, eat the heart and you'll grow braver etc.)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 07:41:26 am »
I wonder if it wasn't a case of a wild animal killing and eating and then the scraps were discarded on finding them....
I thought that eating flesh of one's own kind led to serious sicknesses...
It is doubtful that they knew the purpose of the brain in those times...
Maybe they were children with serious disorders.
If it was a staple food there would be no descendants.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 05:34:51 pm »
No, the studies show tool-use re cannibalism, so wild animals couldn't be the cause. And cannibalism could easily have been widespread:- all you'd need is to have a custom of eating the bodies of people who'd died of old age, plus killing any defective infants in each generation.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 03:37:46 pm »
and to think all of those abortions are just getting tossed in the trash.  :o

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 03:40:26 pm »
and to think all of those abortions are just getting tossed in the trash.  :o

LOL! Now you know where you can get a source of fresh highly nutritious RAF!  >D

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 10:47:04 am »
The above article made it clear that there was plentiful prey living near the caves so that those hominids did not become cannibals because of desperate times like famine.  They probably thought like more recent tribes(ie eat the brain and you'll become more intelligent, eat the heart and you'll grow braver etc.)
The article also suggests another reason was simple reduction or extermination of competitors. When doing that my guess is they wouldn't likely let good brain or marrow and maybe tongue and some other parts go to waste. :)

I made previous references to cannibalism in the palaeolithic era a while back  but a few here didn't believe me or thought it was exaggerated.
Before I joined this forum I knew that the name given to my alleged ancestral relatives, the Mohawks (they reportedly called themselves Kanienkeh or Kanienkehaka--people of the flint), was reportedly given to them by Algonquian-speaking enemies and that Mohawk allegedly means "man-eaters," because of their habit of eating the liver and perhaps other parts of their vanquished enemies. I don't know whether it was this forum or another, but I've also discussed how the liver was commonly regarded in pre-Neolithic societies and even some Neolithic ones as the main seat of the soul and that eating it was reportedly often believed to give you the spirit/power (what the Maori apparently call "Mana") of the man you killed. Granted, technically the Maori were Neolithic since they practiced some agriculture, but I knew that practice of cannibalism went way back long before Maori and even before H. sapiens sapiens.

I also knew about cannibalism by chimps and gorillas and I think I've written about that in this forum. I also knew about cannibalism by the hominin ancestors of humans and even archaic humans (Neanderthals, Cro Magnons, etc.) right up through to the present day. Even today some still practice cannibalism on occasion and I even learned that human flesh is called a name that translates as "long pig" in New Guinea and the muscle meat allegedly "tastes like chicken" (as it sometimes seems that any unusual meat is claimed to taste like). So I was well acquainted with cannibalism throughout human history and beyond long before I joined this forum. I think you may have confused my posts with William's and perhaps assumed that I shared his preposterous notion that pre-Neolithic people never practiced cannibalism. Other than William I haven't noticed many other folks make the same claim. It's too ridiculous to take seriously anyway, so I probably wouldn't take much note of it and may have missed or forgotten some examples--so perhaps there were more than I realize, I don't particularly care.

Apparently you missed the fact that I even made a cannibalism joke regarding the possibility that I might have some Neanderthal heritage:

Fascinating--my ring finger is longer than my index finger--about the same ratio as that of the Neanderthal finger bones in the image. This is yet another interesting characteristic I share with Neanderthals (along with red hair, greenish eyes--and getting a bit greener with a RPD, pale skin, doing well on a meat-heavy diet and being descended from an area that Neanderthals lived in), though I don't feel like a sex-obsessed thug. :P Guess I'll have to teach that journalist a lesson by killing him, feasting on his liver, tongue, brain and marrow, and taking his female companion. ;)

There is this one kooky guy who claimed that the reason why we became intelligent was because our apemen ancestors had a preference for the consumption of hominid brains from neighbouring tribes.
Who knows, maybe consuming a combination of the brains of primates and other larger species did contribute to the brain-growth of our ancestors. Some scientists have already hypothesized that eating brains and marrow did contribute to our ancestors' brain growth. Perhaps primate brains could have made a significant contribution to the total. I wouldn't rule out the possibility without counter evidence. After all, primate brains are considered a delicacy in some areas even today. It sounds like I may actually be open to acknowledging more cannibalism and giving it more significance than you.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:09:30 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 12:34:11 pm »
Very good point.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 12:50:50 pm »
LOL! Now you know where you can get a source of fresh highly nutritious RAF!  >D

I can't think of a more awkward conversation.
"Do you mind if I keep that???"  ;D

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 06:49:14 pm »
THIS SHIT IS JUST SICK Sorry..

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 09:10:33 pm »
LOL! Now you know where you can get a source of fresh highly nutritious RAF!  >D

Ever heard of "Chinese fetus soup"?

http://womanoftheearth.blogspot.com/2008/05/shocking-news-fetus-soup-being-served.html

Ok, this discussion IS getting weird.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 10:05:53 pm »

Well it is sick but only because we were brought up to think so.
In the wild animal world, flesh is flesh, if you are hungry and you have a dead baby, you eat it.
Whats the difference between killing & eating a pregnant animal and eating a dead/dying baby?
To nature there is no difference, but to emotional beings like us there is.
Many animals in the wild are known to kill and eat their babies,
especially when there is not enough food to raise the baby or if the baby is weak btw

Obviously I would never try this unless I am near death starving :P

I haven't heard of it till now but how am I not surprised? lol
I think the pictures in the article are fake though.

Wow so now there were topics about eating shit and about eating fetuses, lol
So what would you guys rather eat? Shit or a fetus? Just kidding  -d

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 05:57:30 am »

Ok I might have many years of social programming behind me but.. but...  -v

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 07:26:53 am »
In the wild animal world, flesh is flesh, if you are hungry and you have a dead baby, you eat it.

Many animals in the wild are known to kill and eat their babies,
especially when there is not enough food to raise the baby or if the baby is weak btw

Wow so now there were topics about eating shit and about eating fetuses, lol
So what would you guys rather eat? Shit or a fetus? Just kidding  -d

There are times when I'm better off just not eating.  There have been foods I've eaten, bread or cooked liver come to mind, that I felt so sick after, that I should rather have let an ulcer burn all the way though my stomach lining, than having ate the 'food'.  I think I would qualify this choice for one of those times, that it's better to let anything happen, rather than eat the unthinkables.  Of course I may starve if that's all there was for a long time, and the person or animal daring to make the choice of one of those "foods" would fare longer, I guess ... as long as they can sleep with themselves, it's fine. They would also likely go on to reproduce when food was more plentiful, but I would starve to death before then.  I just can't imagine eating one of those two, social conditioning here as well.  Maybe the two offerings taste good, or actually feel good between the teeth etc.  I just will not ever try that.  Call me closed-minded.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 07:51:44 am »
You're right, Achillezz and I didn't notice the worst posts. Unfortunately made a sort of joke in the midst of it which was in poor taste given the context of the other posts. I apologize for that. If I had noticed the others I wouldn't have joked and would have instead asked people to stay on topic of this thread and not post shocking and highly controversial off-topic stuff, regardless of whether it's meant as humor or not.

I hope we can do that now. Thanks.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 08:21:04 am »
Well, I guess topic is now locked, given concerns. Otherwise, it'll just go on forever.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk