Author Topic: What is the difference between Raw Paleo and Aajonus Vonderplanitz's diet?  (Read 22540 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: What is the difference between Raw Paleo and Aajonus Vonderplanitz's diet?
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2010, 04:50:37 am »
...Better to be blowing your nose than having real internal issues is what I am saying.
Better still to have neither of those issues. One or both are  exacerbated in my case when I eat too much dairy, grains, legumes, fruits, nightshades, tubers and winter squashes.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2010, 04:53:27 am »
I feel that my nose airways are restricted because of my issue. Maybe I could breath better if they weren't always clogged. I am starting to believed in the chinese notion of yin and yang applied to food. To balance the temperature of your food consumed. In other words, to almost always eat foods at the temperature of your environment, or its natural temp. I dont think it is good to eat either too hot or too cold food as it disrupts digestion and enzymes.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2010, 05:56:35 am »
I feel that my nose airways are restricted because of my issue. Maybe I could breath better if they weren't always clogged.
That was my experience. I used to think that maybe part of my problem was my narrow nose and perhaps inherited constricted nasal passages, but when I eliminated the triggering foods I found I could breath much better. I've known people who had multiple surgeries to open up their sinuses and experienced zero benefit. I've read that sinus surgery is one of the least successful of all surgeries.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2010, 06:40:27 am »
I feel that my nose airways are restricted because of my issue. Maybe I could breath better if they weren't always clogged. I am starting to believed in the chinese notion of yin and yang applied to food. To balance the temperature of your food consumed. In other words, to almost always eat foods at the temperature of your environment, or its natural temp. I dont think it is good to eat either too hot or too cold food as it disrupts digestion and enzymes.
Exactly!
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk