Author Topic: my so called journal  (Read 123286 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: my so called journal
« Reply #250 on: October 09, 2011, 08:50:19 pm »
Wouldn't it be more economical to just study indigenous tribes of raw meat eaters like the Eskimos or the Siberian reindeer herders.

Take a group like that and keep statistics on disease rate and even yearly blood test and within one generation of relatively expensive research you could scientifically prove the safety and health benefits of a raw meat based diet.

There already is conclusive scientifically valid data supporting Raw Animal Food diets, and its been completely ignored by the medical establishment, so I doubt that even if a credible study is done that the results would be integrated into the corrupt Establishments system of disease management.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #251 on: October 10, 2011, 04:24:02 am »
Those Arctic tribes do eat some cooked meat(half of diet?), albeit boiled meats, so it would mean a lot less than if someone like Lex enrolled in such a study.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
tummy ache
« Reply #252 on: January 15, 2012, 02:49:57 am »
I've had a persistent weak ache around my navel for over a week now. I can eat and drink fine and it doesn't hurt when I cough. I don't feel anything strange in the area, however when I move or twist in certain positions is when I feel it. This is unusual for me and has me a bit worried. Anyone ever have a parasite?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #253 on: January 15, 2012, 09:29:13 am »
Well, I did. I suggest you look in your stools to see if there's anything different there.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 22, 2012, 09:12:52 am »
Well, I did. I suggest you look in your stools to see if there's anything different there.

False alarm, it went away. I went to a doctor who said he thought it was skeleto/muscular. I was thinking it was an ulcer for a bit. Glad to be back to normal. If I ended up with a parasite I'd be eating a lot of crow over it after all the years of assuring people it's safe to eat raw meat.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #255 on: February 23, 2012, 09:21:02 pm »
If I ended up with a parasite I'd be eating a lot of crow over it after all the years of assuring people it's safe to eat raw meat.
I suppose this remark was aimed at me. The only thing is that my one and only  tapeworm experience only involved a minor issue in the beginning, but turned out to be harmless in the end. This coincides with other scientific data showing that tapeworms are generally harmless. So, I feel justified in reassuring people that parasites are harmless and can be gotten rid of with ease with the help of certain drugs, anyway.
" Ron Paul.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 24, 2012, 01:54:13 am »
For example, I am pretty sure, given my own experience, that the body needs to produce much less stomach acid when eating mostly raw foods.
I'm not so sure. Stomach acid is necessary to denature protein. Cooking already denatures protein, so that effectively less stomach acid is needed?

I mean the stomach essentially is like an oven, except it breaks food down chemically, not by heat. I'm not a chemist, but logically at least equally or likely more acid would be needed for raw food.

edit: found a nice article which may help (it helped me) understand: http://ecologos.org/denature.htm

The conclusion is that high heat results in structures that are harder to break down, so in this case more acid and longer stay in the stomach may be necessary. Heating to 60-70C though, just enough to denature most protein, would lead to needing less acid and easier digestion, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:18:41 am by aLptHW4k4y »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #257 on: February 24, 2012, 06:14:16 am »
The problem is that denaturing via cooking is not the same kind of denaturing caused by stomach-acid or even the denaturing caused by marinating in lemon juice. It's also been pointed out that cooking alters the structure of the proteins etc. in foods, making them more difficult to be dealt with by the body's enzymes.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2012, 12:21:13 pm »
I'm fairly certain that some vitamins can be damaged by prolonged high heat that wouldn't be from stomach acid but protein denaturing I don't quite see the difference. Ultimately they're all broken down to amino acids, anything larger than tripeptide cannot cross the intestinal border and even they are broken down into individual amino acids in the enterocytes. Seems to me like the only way to mess it up would be to burn it enough to break down individual amino acids, I don't think most cooking methods can do that kind of chemistry.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2012, 12:37:10 pm »
I'm fairly certain that some vitamins can be damaged by prolonged high heat that wouldn't be from stomach acid but protein denaturing I don't quite see the difference. Ultimately they're all broken down to amino acids, anything larger than tripeptide cannot cross the intestinal border and even they are broken down into individual amino acids in the enterocytes. Seems to me like the only way to mess it up would be to burn it enough to break down individual amino acids, I don't think most cooking methods can do that kind of chemistry.

Thorough chewing is pretty effective too.  Eating softer body parts and chewing thoroughly is pretty helpful, I think.  Letting meat become a little bit high also works well, and gives you the added benefit of useful bacteria.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2012, 01:08:57 am »
I suppose this remark was aimed at me. The only thing is that my one and only  tapeworm experience only involved a minor issue in the beginning, but turned out to be harmless in the end.
Yes, that's how I remember it. What was the worst of the symptoms you experienced? Paul Jaminet is warning people to cook their foods thoroughly (http://perfecthealthdiet.com/?p=5650), including even bone marrow, so I thought I'd point out that no one here has reported any serious repercussions from raw Paleo, Primal or Instincto.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2012, 01:49:01 am »
I just had a pain in the bladder so it hurt quite a bit when I urinated. This stopped after 2 days or so, then I started getting those tapeworm segments in my stools. But that part was all harmless, just being somewhat unaesthetic. Tapeworms are almost always harmless, according to reports.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
AHS13
« Reply #262 on: March 10, 2013, 07:47:44 am »
Guess who got a speaking spot at this Summer's Ancestral Health Symposium? This guy.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 10, 2013, 10:52:17 am »
Guess who got a speaking spot at this Summer's Ancestral Health Symposium? This guy.

Congrats.  Talk us up. ROFL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk