Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 265893 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #400 on: February 11, 2012, 08:42:15 am »
Everyone except the top 1% or so has been enslaved since the dawn of the Neolithic. If we aren't chattel slaves, then we are wage slaves to one degree or other. Mice on the treadmill. At any rate, tangent over for me.

Back on topic, writing about MLK reminds me of this tune from mi youth:
U2 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 14, 2012, 10:15:29 pm »
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 22, 2012, 12:33:38 am »
Gloria was actually the first U2 tune I think I heard played on the radio during the days of my youth in Boston and it was quite a hit and very different from the other stuff being played (not many songs included Latin lyrics, for example). I think it might still be my favorite U2 song, but it's already been posted, so here's some other music from when I was still fairly young in Boston:

Dropkick murphys Skinhead on the MBTA Boston Irish punk rock band (that got their start and were still fairly small potatoes when I was living in the greater Boston area) covering an old campaign song of a Boston politician that became popular in folk circles. Dropkick Murphys became rather popular and some of their songs are played regularly at Fenway Park. I was surprised the first time I heard Skinhead of the MTA being played at Fenway, years ago. It brings back memories of Boston when I hear their music played on radio and TV broadcasts of Bosox games.

Here they are playing another of their cover songs that gets played on the Fenway Park sound system, Dirty Water, during a 2007 World Series championship celebration:
"Dirty Water" Dropkick Murphys, Rolling Rally 07
Warning: Dropkick Murphys are best listened to whilst seriously trashed, such as in the pubs of Fenway after a Red Sox victory (or defeat, any excuse'll do ;) ).

This hit by two Boston groups dominated MTV and rock radio stations for quite a span while I was living in Boston:
RUN-DMC - Walk This Way

And here's another memory from further back, a song that was pretty popular in my high school days in Vermont:
hells bells
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:03:01 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 25, 2012, 08:25:08 am »
Rammstein - Amerika

Rammstein - Du hast
Till Lindemann is one of the greatest vocalists of all time. Love the way he pronounces his r's.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 01, 2012, 07:23:48 am »
My kids fighting which is a lovely sound.
No kidding! You'll miss it when they're gone.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 10, 2012, 02:40:22 am »
Camel Milk 2a of 4 - Cure AIDS, Cancer, etc.?
bugs or country chickens

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 18, 2012, 07:11:38 am »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 19, 2012, 08:05:49 am »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:17:48 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 01, 2012, 06:22:49 am »
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 01, 2012, 06:25:09 am »
Cheers
Al

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 01, 2012, 07:02:46 am »
Very nice raw-al : ))

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 02, 2012, 12:03:10 am »
I'm llistening to The Beatles
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 02, 2012, 04:13:35 pm »
JGeek and The Geeks - Maori Boy:

JGeek and The Geeks - Maori Boy

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 09, 2012, 11:41:49 am »

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 11, 2012, 07:22:56 am »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 11, 2012, 07:30:37 am »
Thank you for that one, Alive. Bless up bredda!

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 12, 2012, 06:43:11 am »

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 12, 2012, 11:26:34 am »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 12, 2012, 09:54:03 pm »
I've been listening to the book of mormon musical. Its pretty funny.m
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 18, 2012, 02:45:12 am »

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 04, 2012, 10:41:31 am »
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 04, 2012, 10:44:34 am »
Cheers
Al

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 04, 2012, 12:18:29 pm »
i can't seem to take that "army of the pharohs" (the torture papers) cd out of the disc changer...  took over the spot where "jedi mind tricks" used to play a long time ago.

threw some "korn", "rage against the machine", and "hatebreed" in to mix it up (someday i'll get "aotp" to stop looping, and i'll hear those).  wish i could find the dinosaur jr, and deftones discs that constantly go missing...
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 14, 2012, 02:40:31 am »
"Just for the love of it", Charley Pride
http://www.deezer.com/fr/album/420308
Very true - at least it's always been the case in my life.  ;) :)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk