Author Topic: Expand "Diet Gallery"/sub-categories?  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
Expand "Diet Gallery"/sub-categories?
« on: September 10, 2010, 04:11:47 pm »
OK... something has been kind of bothering me a little bit. :)  There is one sub-category under the "Raw Paleo Diet Gallery." It is "Display Your Culinary Creations."

Because the key words seem to be "Gallery" and "Display," I don't expect this area to be a place where I would ask food prep questions or share a new brilliant "recipe" (in quotes because I know some people don't like the idea of recipes). I expect this area to be only of photos of food. Upon opening the sub-category, of course, I see that many people are sharing their food-combining ideas/recipes, etc. - even without photos. :)

I feel that it would be helpful and appropriate to have some kind of Food Prep/"Recipes" sub-category. In addition, I would love to see a kind of "Utensil/Appliance/RAF Kitchen" sub-category where people can discuss utensils (favorite ulu knife, ceramic knife, bamboo cutting board or whatever) and appliances (best dehydrator or meat grinder, etc.) and exactly where they bought or ordered them. People mention/discuss all sorts of awesome tips and tool recommendations, but I think some of those gems get lost in other topics/threads/journals... these gems and tips get buried because they tend to be mentioned as an aside to the actual topic at hand. That way, if someone wants to add variety to their meat and look up the raw sauces that people recommended to Pioneer, they know exactly where to go - somewhere under the major Food Prep/RAF Kitchen category... (otherwise, the sauces are lost in some other thread).

So, my suggestions are to expand the "Raw Paleo Diet Galllery" by adding more sub-categories ("Recipes," Tools/Implements/Storage, the actual "Display Your Culinary Creations," and possibly just "RVAF Gallery," which would include photos of meat/fruit/veg, but not necessarily a culinary "creation" by our hands - not necessarily prepped food - and photos of meat/wet markets, farmers markets, farms, whatever - also, these names are just suggestions) and to possibly change the "Raw Paleo Diet Gallery" name, only because the category would be much more than a "gallery."  

I hope this makes sense. :)  The topics do overlap and sometimes it just makes sense to post it in one place (journal) and not have to put it clear across in another sub-category, but I think the actual FOOD part just deserves even more highlighting or at least more organization. :)  I just so often come across people's favorite knives, jars, enlightening food combos, and food product brands weaved into every conceivable topic/thread, but I don't write them down so they are lost in the sea of wonderful posts, but it would be great if there were a more central place to find this info and ask about this info.

I know a lot of great food/tool/appliance tips/recommendations are in people's journals (sometimes we don't have time to go through all those pages), but I would love to be able to start a new topic about "My favorite ulu knife," for example, under a general "RPD Kitchen" category and maybe "Tools" sub-category (whatever you call the categories/subcategories) without having to stick it in General Discussion/Hot Topics/Off Topic - where it would be sure to get lost eventually because of the breadth of those sub-categories and then a few weeks later, someone would ask, "Where can I buy a good ulu knife?" because the original topic/discussion disappeared under more pressing general discussions/off topics. My hopes are that food/tool topics/threads will be easier to find, there will be less repetition, and General Discussion/Off Topic forums will be freed up a bit... :)

Thank you for the wonderful forum!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Expand "Diet Gallery"/sub-categories?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 04:13:23 pm »
Well, we could simply create several sticky topics re best knives to use, and still keep the culinary creations forum as it is.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Expand "Diet Gallery"/sub-categories?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 06:34:11 pm »
Nice suggestion.
Let's all think about it.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk