Author Topic: Diarrhea 5-10 hours after raw beef consumption  (Read 11027 times)

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Diarrhea 5-10 hours after raw beef consumption
« on: September 13, 2010, 10:56:08 am »
The past few days I have been getting diarrhea following ground beef consumption. Initially there is no discomfort or notable reaction. This happens around 5 hours after ground beef consumption, if it's at night then it's in the morning after the first meal.

It could be
1. Detox. I recently came back from vacation and ate a larger variety of cooked and processed foods than usual. Could I be cleaning up now?
2. Fat malabsorption
3. Sensitivity to processing method

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Diarrhea 5-10 hours after raw beef consumption
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 10:59:34 am »
I would say its a bit of 1 and 3. Your body is re-adjusting and removing all the junk that accumulated. I don't do well on ground beef, do you usually eat ground beef?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 11:20:41 am »
Yes, ground beef is the main form of meat I ate before.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 11:34:37 am »
I would give it a couple of days before trying to change anything.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 12:00:57 pm »
Ground beef is suspicious especially if you do not grind it yourself.

You don't know how many animals are in there, which part, the lubricants of the machine, handling, etc. etc.

I never buy beef that is already ground.

If my kids request ground beef I buy the part I like and I have it ground just before eating.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 10:01:40 am »
...It could be
1. Detox. I recently came back from vacation and ate a larger variety of cooked and processed foods than usual. Could I be cleaning up now?
2. Fat malabsorption

It could be all sorts of things, I think you're being too limiting on potential culprits.  I personally don't buy the "Detox as the universal diagnosis".  I think this is people fooling themselves into thinking they're doing something good for their bodies when they obviously are not.

Do you eat because you are hungry, or do you eat out of habit?

What type of ground beef do you buy?  Organic or conventional?  Grass fed/finished or grain fed/finished?  Is the beef ground at a processing facility, or at the market where you buy it from?  How far away is it shipped from?   

I'd consider taking a few days off eating a letting your digestive system rest for a bit.  There might be a bug in your gut lingering from your vacation, or you might have gotten something from your ground beef.  Even organic meats are not always particularly clean or healthy; the organic label has been co-opted by corporate growers and doesn't give you much information about the quality of the product anymore.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 10:51:12 am »
It seems to have stopped. The ground beef was 78/22 organic grassfed from Slanker's.

Taking a few days off eating is not an option as going long periods without food is not possible for me at this point.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 11:22:22 am »
    I got some weird reaction it seems from 80:20 from Jimbo's.  I finally bought ground beef again, but I pick out a lean cut, and only get it if they grind it once for me rather than their usual unspoken 3 they all do to everyone's all over this great country of ours.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 12:02:10 pm »
I'd try eating less fat and see how that works for you.  Then, either gradually increase fat intake, or just don't eat that much fat, or try a different kind of fat.

ground beef has worked just fine for me from the beginning, but the higher fat ones.. i don't think we really need that much fat. i've never had a problem with slanker's, i trust their products completely, though i'm lucky to have a few great farms out here.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 06:09:01 pm »
i don't think we really need that much fat
I need it. :)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 07:50:34 pm »
The past few days I have been getting diarrhea following ground beef consumption. Initially there is no discomfort or notable reaction. This happens around 5 hours after ground beef consumption, if it's at night then it's in the morning after the first meal.

It could be
2. Fat malabsorption

I've eaten pretty much eaten only ground beef for four years (even non organic beef in supermarkets in way off country towns) and never had any problems.

Ground beef gets a bad name for no reason.

I mean you've been eating crap for days then eat raw ground beef and the try and stick in on the ground beef? my mind is boggling.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 10:02:58 am »
I'd try eating less fat and see how that works for you.  Then, either gradually increase fat intake, or just don't eat that much fat, or try a different kind of fat.

ground beef has worked just fine for me from the beginning, but the higher fat ones.. i don't think we really need that much fat. i've never had a problem with slanker's, i trust their products completely, though i'm lucky to have a few great farms out here.

What do you think it is with ground beef fat that makes it problematic?
I've eaten pretty much eaten only ground beef for four years (even non organic beef in supermarkets in way off country towns) and never had any problems.

Ground beef gets a bad name for no reason.

I mean you've been eating crap for days then eat raw ground beef and the try and stick in on the ground beef? my mind is boggling.

The difference was more crap, less raw ground beef. GB is so convenient, but the cleaning chemicals that could have contaminated it... things that would start disasters just by making skin contact being ingested.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk