Raw Paleo Diet Forums > Exercise / Bodybuilding

What is the concensus on the Sauna?

(1/4) > >>

Raw in Florida:
I have heard mixed things on the sauna. I enjoy a good sauna, especially in the winter months.

Does anyone have any good information on the pros and cons of using them regularly.

Sorry if this has been discussed. I will look for threads as well...

ys:
sauna is awesome in the winter, followed by dip in the snow and back into sauna. i don't care if it not paleo, it just feels damn good.

dsohei:
i think its good if you build up tolerance and dont overdo it, otherwise its a stress like any other. most saunas however use tap liquid "water" and that will cause heavy absorption of terrible toxins. better to use an infrared sauna.

kurite:

--- Quote from: dsohei on September 14, 2010, 12:19:49 pm ---i think its good if you build up tolerance and dont overdo it, otherwise its a stress like any other. most saunas however use tap liquid "water" and that will cause heavy absorption of terrible toxins. better to use an infrared sauna.

--- End quote ---
That's a little exaggerated.

dsohei:
actually it's not. have you ever taken a non-filtered shower and come out with dry skin? then taken a filtered shower and your skin is fine? what do you think that's all about? do some research. i know i don't like inhaling chlorine and whatever else they use to "purify" the water.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version