Author Topic: How to add more fat to a raw meat meal without increasing your protein intake  (Read 2827 times)

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Hi,

What is the best/simplest way to increase your fat intake during a raw meat meal, without also increasing your protein intake as well.

I already ask my butcher for the fattiest bits of meat, however I would like to try adding more fat to my diet. I want to do this without increasing my protein intake any further.

I used to add Coconut oil/Olive oil to my meals, but I have been advised against this recently.

Cheers folks

Offline Rob

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Eat some marrow, suet, fat trimmings, back fat, etc.

I start the day these days with a breakfast of about 60g of bison backfat. Usually keeps me satisfied until lunch of fatty ground grass-fed beef (about half a pound to a pound), and then a third meal based on desire or cravings ranging from more meat, more fat, or a few low carb veggies or a little fruit.

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Ah right. I defo need to increase my calories by quite a bit, and I want to do this in the form of fat as oppose to protein or carbs.

Any of those options taste better than the others in your opinion? (I guess a lot of that is down to personal taste though)

I am finding at the moment that I am quite happy to eat raw liver, but I struggle more with the muscle meats! I think the texture of the muscle meats is a bit strange, whereas I find Liver to be a reasonable texture to eat.

Also, you say you eat up to a pound of grass-fed beef just for lunch! Are you OK on that high amount of protein?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 01:12:12 am by technosmith »

Offline Rob

• Trapper
    • View Profile
most days I eat less than a pound of beef for lunch. Keep in mind this is fatty grass fed beef, so it is probably only 88g of protein.  Since I estimate my lean body weight at about 165 pounds, I don't think this is too much, and I don;t eat that much daily, just when I feel I need it. Some days it is half a pound or 2/3.  I am getting better at listening to my body for its demands.

I have not yet had most of the fat sources I listed. I am eating bison back fat as my prime source right now and I would say it is edible. Then again, I like the muscle meats. I have problems if I eat too much, and have learned I need to eat the fat by itself at a meal, and only until it starts tasting bad. I am eating about 60g per day using this method. Much less than the first few servings I tried.

I am picking up a side of beef this week from my farmer, and will be getting all the organs, fat trimming and suet this year, so I look forward to experimenting with them. I also have gotten some marrow bones recently, but have not yet started eating the marrow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk