Author Topic: Your Body Temperature? Metabolism?  (Read 9147 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Your Body Temperature? Metabolism?
« on: September 23, 2010, 10:02:32 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq9Ppl8gZ-U

So this Matt Stone guy hammers on metabolism and body temperature.
Ideal body temp is 37 degrees celcius?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_human_body_temperature

A cooked zero carb blogger experiences low body temperature and is corrected by going on high everything diet.  He says he has to eat crow now.

I'm thinking, how are we raw paleo dieters doing at this metabolism game?

How are you doing with this body temp thing?

Have you taken body temp readings?

Just wondering how this allegedly low metabolism for cooked low carb diets affect raw paleos.

I do know the use of raising metabolism / body temp for healing sick people, even on cooked, as used by my friend and cancer healer Vander Gaditano.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Your Body Temperature? Metabolism?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 11:11:18 am »
Ive been low on body temp pretty much my whole life but I haven't checked lately because I havn't been sick :)
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 11:42:04 am »
So this Matt Stone guy hammers on metabolism and body temperature.
Ideal body temp is 37 degrees celcius?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_human_body_temperature

I think that his ideas are a lot better than the conventional advice to count calories, exercise, and starve yourself.

However, I get the impression that his message is primarily intended for people who want to lose weight to "look good", rather than people who want to become truly healthy. Being fat is a good thing, not a bad thing. It's useful to be able to survive for a while without food. (For example, when travelling, and good-quality food is unavailable). It's nice to be able to wear comfortable light clothing in the middle of winter when everybody else is bundled up head to toe. And most important of all, fat protects you from the toxins in today's polluted world.

A cooked zero carb blogger experiences low body temperature and is corrected by going on high everything diet.  He says he has to eat crow now.

What do you mean by "eat crow"?
There are many wrong ways to do zero carb (too much cooking, not enough organs, too much grain-fed meat, etc). A "high everything diet" might have solved his problems, but I doubt that it was the only possible solution.

I'm thinking, how are we raw paleo dieters doing at this metabolism game?

How are you doing with this body temp thing?

Have you taken body temp readings?

Just wondering how this allegedly low metabolism for cooked low carb diets affect raw paleos.

I do know the use of raising metabolism / body temp for healing sick people, even on cooked, as used by my friend and cancer healer Vander Gaditano.

For what it's worth, I just took my body temperature (under tongue), and got 98.0 degF. It's late at night, and I've been sedentary, and haven't eaten much, for the past 4-5 hours. My carb intake varies. Sometimes very low, sometimes very high. Today my carbs came from a litre of raw apple juice, one plum, and a small amount of honey. I also had a pound of beef, suet to taste, about 20 eggs, about 1 cup cheese, and 2 cups vegetable juice.

Body temperature can provide useful information, but I don't think it should be used as an indicator of overall health. If you don't have any symptoms of poor health, I don't see why an abnormally low or high body temperature is a bad thing.

Aajonus uses hot baths to temporarily raise body temperature, and get the body to sweat.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 07:12:22 pm »
Body temperature can provide useful information, but I don't think it should be used as an indicator of overall health. If you don't have any symptoms of poor health, I don't see why an abnormally low or high body temperature is a bad thing.
It's been my experience that a low body temperature, one in the 96s or 97s, is indicative of undiagnosed problems with the body's efficiencies.

My whole life, as far back as I remember, I've run a low temperature usually in the 97s but occasionally in the 96s. When I changed to a RPD diet my temperature regulated back up to ~98.5. I do note that when I indulge in a bit of carbs, say the couple grapes I had weeks ago, my temperature dips for a few days until my body processes the offending food out.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 01:23:32 am »
Interesting subject gs.  Like others have mentioned, I've also suffered with low basal temperature for as long as I've been aware of it.  I'd always been under the impression that this was due to an underactive thyroid.

I haven't tested my temperature for years since I've been largely recovered on an RPD diet.  I will try to remember to make some tests to see if it's changed.
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 08:48:23 pm »
Interesting question GS,

I haven't read the book but Ayurveda says people with higher body temperatures will digest faster. I have a high body temperature and my digestion is very active. You can tell basically the state of your digestion by the colour of the top of your tongue. White or the various shade of white rather than pink is an indicator of indigestion.

The books say that pungent ( hot spicy taste) and heat (which can mean in the case of a raw diet eating at the live temperature of the animal not just out of the fridge or freezer) will increase the digestive power because it raises the temperature of the digestive fire. Too hot a digestive fire will burn the food rather than cook it properly. This will show up as very dark, hard stools and heat related disorders such as cankers, red skin, sore throat, burning feelings, excessive bleeding, temper, anger, etc.

Too low digestive temperatures will result in lethargy, depression, fluid buildup, or dryness, small or underdeveloped body features such as eyes fingers, nails, or conversely very oversized features, chronic weight gain or loss.

Too low a digestive fire will result is sticky, whitish mushy stools.
Some people have variable digestion meaning that it is perfect then they get constipated or have diarrhea.

Proper digestion results in a beer coloured stool shaped like a banana that plops out easily with out leaving residue on your....... ass.

Better to be too heavy than too light up to a point. Depends on what you have ingested to get you there.

Best to be a comfortable weight for yourself, however with children it is better for them to have a bit of excess fat as this promotes growth of everything and most importantly the brain.

Personally I thing that a strictly raw diet is the answer.
There was a study done on aboriginals in Manitoba Canada a number of years ago to determine why they had high rates of diabetes. The conclusion was that they had evolved as HGs to eat a feast or famine diet so when they adopted the Honkey's  ;) ways of a steady diet they were opting for what their body would instinctively have wanted and done well on previously which was the feast part, but the missing part was the famine part, so this chronic overnutrition upset their inner applecart causing diabetes. I would add to that the lack of raw food in their diet.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 06:26:17 pm »
Feast-and-famine works with cooked-food diets. Cooked foods contain plenty of heat-created toxins such as AGEs, so that when you fast on a cooked food diet, you take in less heat-created toxins via those cooked foods, so your body has more time to get rid of them. There are some online scientific studies showing the link between fasting and lower AGE-content levels.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 10:02:10 pm »
Further to my speech  ;D To warm up the body which of course will speed up your digestion (metabolism) if you lay on your left side for a couple of minutes or hold a piece of wood or whatever under your right armpit pressing it upward you will switch your breathing to the opposite nostril (left) This will warm you up. You can test it after say ten minutes with a mirror to tell which breath is predominant. See which nostril is predominant before you start. Your body switches nostrils every 90 minutes to 2 hours normally unless there is a physiological issue. It is called alternate rhinitus. It starts at sunrise. Left nostril is heating and right cooling. Makes a degree or two difference in your temperature. There's a lot more to it but this is the basics.

Tyler,
I wonder if you know of links on the subject you mention. My education on AGEs is rather limited.
What you say makes sense.
Cheers
Al

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 12:32:24 am »
Tyler,
I wonder if you know of links on the subject you mention....

You may live to regret asking that Alan!  ;)  I haven't quite had time to read/digest your earlier 'speech' yet but the nostril thing sounds bemusing enough that I may just try it!  :)

1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 06:13:47 am »
Michael,
It's a big subject as I mentioned but another way that you can try it is at night if you tend to get cold, then lay on your left side and vice versa if you tend to feel hot lay on your right side (like me). During the switchover (which takes about 5 minute) is a poor time to make decisions or anything for that matter, but excellent for meditation. When breathing predominantly through your right nostril is the best time for male activities such as procreation, decision making, eating etc., left brained activities while the right nostril breathing is better for creative endeavors and for females to procreate.

That's why you see Yogis carrying a stick that looks like a cane. They push the top into the opposite armpit to the nostril they wish to activate.

After eating, rest a few minutes and then hang your left arm over the top of a chair or put your fist into your left armpit, for a few minutes and then go for a 20 minute walk. This will aid digestion greatly by assisting the peristaltic action of the GI tract.

It is described on page 63 of "Pranayama, The Yoga of Breathing" by Andre van Lysbeth.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 01:15:10 am »

Tyler,
I wonder if you know of links on the subject you mention. My education on AGEs is rather limited.
What you say makes sense.

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/130/5/1247

http://jasn.asnjournals.org/cgi/reprint/11/8/1488.pdf
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk