Author Topic: Website loading problem  (Read 6170 times)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Website loading problem
« on: September 23, 2010, 09:22:43 pm »
Whenever I visit the website for the first time and don't have a cookie, it always fails to load. 'internet explorer/firefox could not open this page' or somesuch. Then when I try again it works.

This happens on many different computers and different connections, so it seems to be the site. I'm UK based if it matters.

I used to think it was no problem, but now I do think we have a bit of a mission to educate people a little about raw paleo...for example some people have kids and are worried about having a bad image.

If people visit the site and it doesn't load a lot of them will go away without trying again.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Website loading problem
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 10:59:53 pm »
    I've had the same thing happen, trying to go to this site.  Thank you Josh for saying something.  I maybe should have.  I'm not internet savvy in that way.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 03:38:06 am »
I've had that problem too
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 04:04:40 am »
I had problems connecting last night (~10 hours ago from this post).
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 04:46:44 am »
Yep same here. Sometimes the page loads but just the text and none of the graphics.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 05:34:08 am »
Right. So it's not just here then. This is what I get in chrome/firefox fyi:
Code: [Select]
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm not criticising the admin by the way thanks for keeping the place going (GS?), just saying.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 06:32:48 am »
Right. So it's not just here then. This is what I get in chrome/firefox fyi:

I'm not criticising the admin by the way thanks for keeping the place going (GS?), just saying.

Here too no criticism, just a tiny something that might be repaired.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 05:20:37 pm »
I noticed the same until cookies got enabled.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 11:46:40 pm »
I'll find time to move this website to another server, maybe the new server will be faster.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 08:13:00 am »
When I restart my computer, and go to raw paleo forum for the first time, this always comes up instead
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/?PHPSESSID=d221425b02a7b214e4234b6f8a29b913;www
with this wording
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Then after, whenever I enter rawpaleoforum (dot) com, it just goes to the forum here.  It just happened now.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk