Author Topic: Inside the halal house of horrors  (Read 7509 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Inside the halal house of horrors
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 01:15:14 am »
Ha, you got to be kidding, silly vegan propaganda. Don't they know that killing animals is no picnic.

The kill floor set up in video seemed much more humane than the butcher shop I worked at, where they used the knocker to run a bolt through their head and then slit their throat while they are convulsing.

Cutting the throat is the best method I have found.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 01:30:57 am »
Ha, you got to be kidding, silly vegan propaganda. Don't they know that killing animals is no picnic.

The kill floor set up in video seemed much more humane than the butcher shop I worked at, where they used the knocker to run a bolt through their head and then slit their throat while they are convulsing.

Cutting the throat is the best method I have found.
The vets found out however  that slitting the throat was pretty inhumane.The "knocker" is a reference to the electrical jolt, I suppose.....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
Re: Inside the halal house of horrors - the concept of death
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 04:38:44 am »
I don't really get why you, amongst others, would find such nature-imitating way of killing an animal "inhumane".
When killed by a predator in the wilderness, animals usually suffer a much more brutal death, compared to a quick throat slitting. As some member of this forum already explained, animals such as lions take considerable amount of time to finish their prey.

I know I should avoid talking about things I've never experienced, but I have this feeling that death can only truly be embraced and accepted by the body, mind and soul either at a "terminal" age, or in great suffering (terminal disease, physical assault, inescapable fate such as falling from a cliff,...). To put it better: at a moment in an individual's journey when living is ultimately compromised.

That's why you sometimes hear stories about people who shot themselves in the head and are still wandering the earth in the living's world, as spirits. Because they died physically, but their soul -or mind, or whatever- did not have time to realize and accept the fact that they are now dead. And so the person/spirit still thinks it is alive, although it is not in reality (in that case it is advised to make contact with a medium so it can guide the wandering spirit to "the light").

I feel that such death as described more above is necessary to truly depart from the living world, and join the other side.
Also it is known that a great amount of a molecule called DMT is released at the moment of the individual's death (I think it is also released in great quantity at birth, and a bit while in the dreaming phase. But I don't know a lot about it.). I suspect that if the person dies too instantly (eg: bullet to the head), DMT doesn't have time to be released, and the person might not have the time to "enter" death, embrace it, if you believe that both material compounds such as DMT and immaterial states such as death interacts.

However I am not saying that any living creature should experience unnecessarily long time of suffering before death, even if I do believe that the body is intelligent enough to know the moment when producing the experience of pain to fight or flight is just not appropriate to the situation anymore (last option: freeze). While, again, being aware that some deaths probably hurt a lot more than others (being set on fire in a cage, as an eg taken from recent events...)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 04:57:30 am by JeuneKoq »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 07:52:09 am »
I do not see the need for unnecessary cruelty. If there is a quick, easy way to kill an animal for food, we owe it to Nature to behave that way - we are not low-iq animals like lions. After all,  we have domesticated these animals, basically imprisoned them for their whole lives, often fed them on revolting, unhealthy diets(in the case of intensive farming) and so on and on. Giving animals a peaceful death is a small way of restitution to partially compensate  for the appalling damage we have done to the environment etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 08:50:22 am »
I wonder if most of  those who advocate the use of bolt guns over blades as a more humane way of killing animals have actually watched both methods personally. Its a judgment call, but from what I have seen the blade, if the cut is clean, is better method- plus it doesn't destroy the brain, which is just waited with the bolt method. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BWrcZKOzs4

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 09:26:32 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2937206/Halal-abattoir-staff-hacked-taunted-sheep-One-worker-sacked-three-suspended-caught-camera-carrying-horrifying-routine-abuse.html

The "halal" reference is just part of the anti-islamic "war" being waged in the UK right now.

It is good that they exposed worker abuse in a slaughterhouse.

When I buy a whole sheep or goat I personally pick the animal and tell the workers to gently coax the animal and my requested preferred method is halal... including throat slitting... most peaceful method I've seen.

I absolutely do not like it when the most common method in my slautherhouse is hammering the sheep or goat on the head... I think that is cruel and stressful for the animal.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Raw Matt18

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 01:52:33 pm »
I have a personal idea that would be good but don't know how it could be done but choking, yea choking it sounds bad but I've been choked out many times and its really not that bad and when the animal goes dead its unconscious you must continue to hold choke for oxygen to brain to stop then it dies it seems like a good idea,
Ignorance is whats destroying our planet, our health, and our lives.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 01:59:15 pm »
I have a personal idea that would be good but don't know how it could be done but choking, yea choking it sounds bad but I've been choked out many times and its really not that bad and when the animal goes dead its unconscious you must continue to hold choke for oxygen to brain to stop then it dies it seems like a good idea,

I think that choking is what is achieved when you slaughter ducks or chickens.  You want to sever the wind pipe when you cut the neck.

With pigs, you need to stab the heart and it makes for a quick death. (muslims do not eat pig so no halal there)

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 02:05:38 pm »

I don't think that option is found in the Holy Scriptures, but I think GS is right about the Daily Mail articles reflecting anti-Islam sentiments in the UK. We have our slaughterhouse scandals in the US that involve weirdo workers yukking it up over the slaughter of animals, but that is more of a respect-for-animals issue than a religious-food-preparation issue.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 05:31:01 pm »
I wonder if most of  those who advocate the use of bolt guns over blades as a more humane way of killing animals have actually watched both methods personally. Its a judgment call, but from what I have seen the blade, if the cut is clean, is better method- plus it doesn't destroy the brain, which is just waited with the bolt method. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BWrcZKOzs4
Your concern seems to be mainly to be still able to eat the brain. I have seen the video and, quite frankly, it is way more humane to kill the animal within a second or two plus some mere  "reflex movement after dying"(!) than to slowly  kill an animal by losing blood to the brain.  Besides, the slitting of the throat business seems to often lead to problems such as slow loss of consciousness in the animals etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 05:33:33 pm »
Admittedly, the Daily Mail  focuses on halal cruelty, but at least some of the Muslims believe in pre-stunning whereas kosher laws forbid any stunning at all.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 11:08:50 pm »
I don't pre stun, I lay the animal down and slice its throat while holding it, and I don't notice any more trauma in the animal as when it is knocked. Sometimes the knocker does not hit center and I have seen animals writhe around for minuets, until they can be subdued and hit again.

Frankly, we don't know how traumatic it would feel to have a bolt driven into our skull well enough to say for sure that we would prefer that done to us over having our throat cut? For all we know the "involuntary spasms" could be absolute agony?

I personally don't care either way, though I will agree that the less trauma the animal has to experience the better, I simply prefer to use a knife so I can harvest the blood and brains.

I will collect the blood to drink, so cutting the throat is the best way to collect the most blood from each animal.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 02:15:19 am »
There are no pain-sensing fibres in the brain, only next door, so I would imagine it does not hurt much per se. Besides, if they are being stunned with electricity, then I would strongly suspect that their after-stun writhings have nothing to do with pain but more to do with after-death effects of electricity stimulating the muscles etc.

Incidentally,  your enthusings about blood make your defence of halal slaughter look somewhat contradictory. After all, the whole point of kosher/halal slaughter is to remove the blood. Bit of an own goal, there.

I suppose a lot of people here are of the opinion that who cares what some segment of the population does with their animals, these are, after all, "only" animals. I would not mind too much if such ghastly practices were kept within such religious communities, but, in actual fact, these practices have been forced on the rest of the population. I have already posted articles here, before, in which it was stated that many school and university meals no longer contained pork in the UK and now even football stadiums sold meat that was 100% halal, with many of the leftovers from kosher/halal abattoirs ending up being sold  as so-called "normal" meat to the rest of the public. Now, if all kosher/halal meat were strictly labelled as such and if the public were not forced to eat such crap and given a clear choice, then I would not mind, but this is not the case.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 11:48:39 am »
I guess blood drinking isn't very kosher.....

I bought a sheep from two Muslim brothers named Jesus and Solomon once. They made sure to kill each animal out of sight from the others, and told me that the blood was dirty and that it was bad luck to let the other animals see the killing.  They did tell me that they eat raw meat and especially liked the liver and sweetbreads.

They had a huge heap of guts and other scraps that they had to haul off to the dump. I jokingly said to Solomon, "Why don't you get a hog to eat all the scraps" He looked at me like I was the devil, and said " I wont have a pig on my farm"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk