Author Topic: US Domestic and Foreign Affairs/Policy WAS Pemmican Proportions  (Read 8401 times)

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Reluctant too buy a weigh scale, so how to find the proportions of rendered fat to dried beef?

Traditional pemmican makers had no scales, of course they had generations of experience; I have neither, still, there must be a way.
I've thought of just mixing it so it isn't too runny, maybe not.

Have dried 5 lb. (before drying) already, and am about to start on the fat rendering.

Ideas wanted.

I've read that about a 1/1 ratio of meat to fat is a good place to start. I think it may depend on your tastes. Personally, I think I'd prefer a little more fat being that it's a little more important than the meat and it is what is helping it keep.
  I've been planning on making many many pounds of pemmican to store for emergency rations because of the hurricanes down here and possible martial law resulting from an inevitable attack on Iran.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 02:00:23 pm by Craig »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: US Domestic and Foreign Affairs/Policy
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 06:49:51 am »
Er! Why would the US declare martial law within the US, when attacking another nation(Iran) which is 1000s of miles away? What possible logic is there in that? Where are you based re hurricane issue ? Louisiana?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 10:13:21 am »
Er! Why would the US declare martial law within the US, when attacking another nation(Iran) which is 1000s of miles away? What possible logic is there in that? Where are you based re hurricane issue ? Louisiana?

Some of my-fellow-Americans-in-the-next-country-south are unhappy with their gov't.; this is an understatement. Remember that traditionally theirs is a nation of riflemen. The gov't knows this.
Hear the last audio file THE FINAL SHOW at:http://www.solargeneral.com/mirrors/Hal%20Turner%20Show/www.halturnershow.com/index.html
and you might get a feel for the situation.

Think I will do test mixes, see how it turns out. The cupcake pan and papers seems like a good idea.
Will keep the product in a paper bag; this worked well for a dried salmon years ago. It can only get drier, nicht wahr?

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 12:34:21 pm »

Because both actions are towards the same end, consolidating world power into certain hands and removing rights and powers from "the people." This has been going on for years in USA, every year more and more rights in the Constitution are taken away. As for Iran, it and Iraq were the only two large scale oil producing nations to not join OPEC, so they must be taken care of.

xylothrill

Re: US Domestic and Foreign Affairs/Policy WAS Pemmican Proportions
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 02:03:04 pm »
I've moved this here so as not to interfere with the pemmican discussion.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 05:40:07 pm »
Somehow I don't think the US would be able to attack Iran, in the near-future. For one thing, it looks as though US generals are finally admitting that defeating the  Afghan Taliban is extremely unlikely, no matter how long they stay over there - partly, this is because "The Taliban" as a collective unit is a bit of a myth - Afghanistan has always been a broken country, with tribes having far more power and control than any government - and, judging from history, Afghans are always easily invaded and conquered(due to their tendency towards civil wars among the various tribes), but as soon as they are occupied, they tend to turn against their conquerors, until the latter are so sick and tired of it all, that they leave the country. That's, at least,  what happened with the British when they tried to control Afghanistan in the 19th century, among other invaders.

What amuses me, though, is all the utter nonsense in some Conservative UK-based media about "Islamic Fundamentalists" in Afghanistan/Pakistan needing to be bombed to smithereens for Afghans to be free etc. Not only is the US Army deliberately targetting innocent civilians(inevitable, I suppose in a war against a resistance-/guerilla movement) but the Taliban Mujahideen they are constantly railing against are the very same Mujahideen who these newspapers praised  in the 80s as leading a brave resistance-movement against the Russian invaders - it seems though that when the US invades the same country, these newspapers prefer to hypocritically change their stance.

Ah, well - enough US bashing  Someone once famously said that the US represents both the best and the worst aspects of Mankind. I would agree.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 06:09:37 pm »

Yup. I'm in good ole' Louisiana. 

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 06:31:11 pm »
Somehow I don't think the US would be able to attack Iran, in the near-future. For one thing, it looks as though US generals are finally admitting that defeating the  Afghan Taliban is extremely unlikely, no matter how long they stay over there - partly, this is because "The Taliban" as a collective unit is a bit of a myth - Afghanistan has always been a broken country, with tribes having far more power and control than any government - and, judging from history, Afghans are always easily invaded and conquered(due to their tendency towards civil wars among the various tribes), but as soon as they are occupied, they tend to turn against their conquerors, until the latter are so sick and tired of it all, that they leave the country. That's, at least,  what happened with the British when they tried to control Afghanistan in the 19th century, among other invaders.

What amuses me, though, is all the utter nonsense in some Conservative UK-based media about "Islamic Fundamentalists" in Afghanistan/Pakistan needing to be bombed to smithereens for Afghans to be free etc. Not only is the US Army deliberately targetting innocent civilians(inevitable, I suppose in a war against a resistance-/guerilla movement) but the Taliban Mujahideen they are constantly railing against are the very same Mujahideen who these newspapers praised  in the 80s as leading a brave resistance-movement against the Russian invaders - it seems though that when the US invades the same country, these newspapers prefer to hypocritically change their stance.

Ah, well - enough US bashing  Someone once famously said that the US represents both the best and the worst aspects of Mankind. I would agree.

Here's an interesting article and website that can explain some things better than I can.  The U.S. and England already have an armada parked and waiting in the Persian Gulf.  No one in mainstream media will tell you this, of course. http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=6792

Offline Cock145

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 01:27:07 pm »
  I've been planning on making many many pounds of pemmican to store for emergency rations because of the hurricanes down here and possible martial law resulting from an inevitable attack on Iran.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk