Author Topic: Tooth Deformity  (Read 3029 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Tooth Deformity
« on: October 01, 2010, 10:38:36 am »
I have a deformity in one tooth that's like a dent into it. It's not a cavity, but some plaque does accumulate there. The dentist wants to even it out by adding a filling. I said OK without thinking about it much. Does anyone know if there's a "holistic dentistry" type alternative to filling in the dent? If not, what sort of filling material should I get?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Tooth Deformity
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 12:20:15 pm »
why would you mess with it if it's not causing problems? i wouldn't get the filling. just my 2 cents. i don't think im gonna go to my dentist anymore. what's the point? i would think it's pretty hard to get cavities eating this way...

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 04:14:11 pm »
Your best best is to find a holistic dentist and get them to test a range of different materials on you to determine which one your body agrees with most. One option is biocompatible composite- Diamond Crown and Diamond Link material, which is regularly used in replacement of amalgams.
feel, beyond the limitations of the mind, through the eyes of the soul

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 05:39:17 pm »
I also have an issue like paleophil  l). But I stop going to dentist right after my RPD. Hoping some miracles can take place. I have a loose tooth (the bone decay), now I don't feel that's moving. My tooth pain is gone for good and mouth  never gets dirty as before while I'm just using baking soda.
bugs or country chickens

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 02:08:43 am »
Now that you mention it, I don't wake up with a dry mouth anymore like I used to, unless I eat too much carbs like raw honey the day before. Then I tend to sleep with my mouth open and end up with a dry mouth.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk