Author Topic: One meal a day  (Read 17063 times)

Offline Alan

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: One meal a day
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 12:18:47 pm »
>>>>    I am not sure I have it in me to ask my butcher for some brain

beef brains might not be available in commerce, due to the Mad Cow hysteria.  Especially in the UK.  If you run into that, try telling the butcher that it is for your pet animal.  I had a butcher department in metro San Diego made me sign a liability-waiver after they heard I was eating the fat trimmings uncooked.

to be fair to some very hardworking folks who hold lives in their hands....   banning nerve tissue from the food chain
may be the only feasible choice. Let us not forget, meat-consumers did actually get sick and even die from Mad Cow, in the not so recent past

Even outside the UK,  brains may be hard to get.  They have large content of fat, which makes them rather valuable.

Many folks on this board seem to be largely ignorant of the agricultural and food industries in general.  I wonder how many of you know what
a "primal cut" is. Guess what, it is the only beef that retail butchers ever get to handle nowadays.

The brains have buyers, and the abattoir may be under contract to forward every single brain to the buyer.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 08:33:59 pm »
Many folks on this board seem to be largely ignorant of the agricultural and food industries in general.  I wonder how many of you know what
a "primal cut" is. Guess what, it is the only beef that retail butchers ever get to handle nowadays.
I feel compelled to mention that your posts come across very arrogant and/or demeaning with a high frequency Alan. I'm not sure why you post this way but you might want to do a bit of introspective work some day. :)

FWIW I used to get all my meat as a primal chuck cut and butcher it from there. A number of other members have or do the same.
Many retail outlets don't even get primal cuts anymore. They get final cuts in boxes which need to have final packaging and price stickers thrown on them.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline 00nightstorm

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 02:59:10 am »
I can't see how you guys do it.  I have been on ZC for almost a year and I'm starving all the time, even right after I eat.  Part of it may be that I get absolutely no satisfaction out of eating raw meat.  *Sigh*

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 03:29:43 am »
What do you eat/how much? How is it working out for you so far aside from the hunger? What do you mean by hunger?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 07:59:20 am »
I can't see how you guys do it.  I have been on ZC for almost a year and I'm starving all the time, even right after I eat.  Part of it may be that I get absolutely no satisfaction out of eating raw meat.  *Sigh*

Why would you do ZC for a year if you feel starved and don't the taste of raw meat still.
I mean sure it takes a little to get used to raw meat at first but not THAT long, and to eat exclusively something that doesn't satisfy you, I gotta give you credit for your willpower dude.

But stop torturing yourself and something else. You gonna go crazy  :o

Perhaps if you eat something else you may start to like the taste of meat...to me when I eat too much of something it no longer tastes good, that should be a huge hint.
I can eat cooked food and grains for a year and I'll survive too, but its not good, well at least I'll feel full lol...

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 09:26:29 am »
lately i feel satisfied on 2 meals a day, if i stick to an eating window of 12pm to 7pm. those 2 meals need to be raw-ish meat with ample enough fat, so i get about 1800 cals with 180g of protein. i do take a lot of supplements though, so no idea if i'd need to eat more if i didn't take them.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 12:58:54 pm »

I second Yuli on this comment.

#1 - No satisfaction from eating the raw meat you are eating?  Your meat sucks?  Change it to something you actually like!  Gee, when I started with raw meat I tasted and tasted and tasted until I found what I liked, what I dream about.

#2 - Starving all the time?  Then ZC and this meat you are ZCing on is not for you.

#3 - Almost a year?  Man, you are nuts.  I wouldn't be doing raw omnivore paleo diet if it weren't satisfying, delicious and filling. 

You must fulfill everything: taste, smell, satisfaction, health, etc.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 06:19:37 pm »

That's just not right. Something is very wrong here. Your tests all came back normal, this is a giant red flag. Maybe your Doctor was right, it is psychosomatic.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk