Author Topic: iceman jurnl  (Read 9115 times)

Offline iceman

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
iceman jurnl
« on: October 14, 2008, 09:19:10 am »
This morning I chugged 24 raw organic cage free omega 3 DHA egg yolks for breakfast.  That's over 1400 calories and I didn't feel hungry until around dinner time when I had 5 raw organic apples, organic raisins, and raw cashews.  I am not sure how often I am going to be able to eat yolks like this.  For now I'm going to try once a day either in the am or pm.  I eat the yolks as a mono meal, leaving at least 5 hours until the next feeding so my fruit doesn't fight with my yolks.  Tomorrow I might try the fruit/nuts in the am and the yolks in the pm.  The DHA, iodine, choline, and cholesterol seem like a good thing to eat closer to pm to benefit the brain during sleep.  If that works out I could split it up, 12 yolks am, fruit/nuts lunch, 12 yolks pm.   

The other day I tried a bag of dried baby anchovies from Malaysia.  These things were tiny, each about the size of a grain of rice.  I soaked them in water to get rid of the salt and to soften the buggers.  They tasted pretty good, like ramen noodles.  I assume that in being dried they were also cooked. 

I still have a very strong urge to eat raw meat but I have not yet done so.  I still have some learning to do and perhaps there is a middle ground that I have not thought of yet.  Brains, bone marrow, and cartilage is currently my main interest yet my most difficult option at this point.  Slamming egg yolks is an ok compromise for now.  I have done parasite cleanses and liver flushes in the past and I'm still balancing the risks and rewards which seem about equal to me at this point. 

Offline CuredMeat

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: iceman jurnl
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 10:46:27 am »
You mentioned you have done parasite and liver cleanses.  Can you give more specifics of your regimen when doing these cleanses?  I've tried candida cleanses before and not really sure they did anything... wondering if you actually had success (ie- quantifiable difference in symptoms... or even seeing parasites coming out of you). I feel a cleanse for me would be beneficial, but not sure I would actually notice a difference...
Thanks for your info in advance!

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 11:00:17 am »
where in the u.s. do you live? i eat a ton of marrow and get it super cheap, this site might help:
http://www.eatwild.com/

you might end up having to go to the farm but i think most go to farmers markets pretty regularly and if they dont have what you want they will bring it next time if you ask.
just a tip from my experience: make sure you make it clear that you want short cut marrow bones, not for making soup but for the marrow itself.otherwise you can end up with pretty useless bones.

Offline iceman

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 01:10:08 am »
CuredMeat -

I've done 6 liver flushes and several salt water flushes, which are more mechanical flushes to physically contract the gall bladder and flush out the liver and intestines of gallstones and parasites and mucous and that penny you swallowed in 1972.  Chemical cleanses are designed to kill the parasites and eggs, like taking wormwood or garlic or a marketed product like "Parastroy" which I have tried once.  I think marketed cleansing "products" are much less effective and more expensive than doing a cleanse from scratch, ie just buy the raw materials for the method you choose, ie a lot of raw garlic or raw ginger or black walnut tincture or the oil, epsom salt and juice for a liver flush.  I recommend the liver flush, but it doesn't always work and can exit the wrong end (vomit) instead of purging through the bowels.  Good times. 

I prefer to do a general chemical flush of eating loads of raw garlic for a few days to kill the parasites, then physical flushes (a liver flush followed by a salt water flush).  Then recover by eating lots of probiotic things that replenish the good bacteria and enzymes.  I recommend examining whatever leaves your body so that you get an idea of what's going on.  I did get lots of gallstones and chaff.  I have seen a few things that looked like possibly candida or a liver fluke, but nothing conclusive.  It is fairly common for people to find flukes or worms after a flush so don't flip out if you do see something.  Some things I saw had definitely been inside me for a loooong time though, were not food from the past few days, and did not smell like anything that had come out of me before.  It's like cleaning the pipes in your home, if you have ever pulled a hairball out of your bathroom drain or scraped the pipes out and smelled it. 

I did notice a change after the flushes, including the post liver flush "high" that a lot of people experience - a feeling of extreme well being and happiness which lasts a day or two.  I definitely felt cleaner and I didn't have to use deodorant or shower nearly as much after that. 

I dunno if I answered your question, if not just ask...   ;)

Offline iceman

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 01:17:02 am »
seesawsemiology -

Thanks for the link - interesting stuff.  I'm in Texas.   

Offline CuredMeat

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 06:53:22 am »
Hey Iceman,
thanks for the reply (and the humor   :D)

Would it be too much of a pain for you to be really specific about the cleanses:
ie- parasite flush, lasted 3 days, ate 1 clove of garlic every 3 hours.  Only other food was raw meat or veggie juice twice a day, etc. 

I can find info on cleanses online, but it's nice when you can talk to someone on the forum who has actually done them and the specifics he/she used. 

Thanks!  (hope I didn't miss this in your previous post.... brain fog still sets in sometimes)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 06:26:54 pm »
I would STRONGLY suggest that you include more variety in your diet(if not raw meats, then at least raw fish/raw shellfish). Eating all those eggs a day just isn't healthy and you'll find your health deteriorating over time, if you carry on in this way.

Cordain recommends eating only 6 eggs a month on a cooked-palaeolithic diet, and I tend to agree with him. I only use raw eggs when I can't find other better sources of raw animal fats.

Another issue is the avidin in raw egg-whites, which is an antinutrient which specifically blocks uptake of the vitamin Biotin into the body. 1 or 2 Bodybuilders who've eaten vast quantities of raw egg-whites(30 or more a day, with nothing much else eaten) have(reportedly) died from such.
Even including the biotin-rich egg-yolk is only protective up to a point . According to this website, if you eat 24 raw eggs  or more a day, you start geting problems:-

http://ourlittlefarm.bz/knowledge.html

In short, don't overdo things(it's a common newbie mistake to overeat specific raw foods).

(Avidin-levels are  reduced significantly if the raw egg in question has been fertilised(as would have been mostly the case for eggs from wild birds found in Palaeo times).

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 06:36:05 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline igibike

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 08:46:30 pm »
Mmm sounds interesting, Tyler, thank you.

I am used to have 3 raw egg a day (in breakfast), well above Cordain's suggestions.

So far, I didn't notice any problems.
Do you think something may arise ?

Bye bye

Luigi

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 08:51:54 pm »
I simply noticed that the more I depended on raw eggs for my fats, the slower my health-recovery was. Sure, they give a short-term boost and are no doubt useful for daily exercise-bouts, but they shouldn't be used as a mainstay of the diet.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 05:11:39 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline iceman

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 05:06:15 am »
CuredMeat -

Give me a few days to find the records of my flushes.  It's been a few years and I want to be accurate.  Yes, I took notes!  I'm such a geek.    ;)

Offline iceman

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 06:16:40 am »
"Cordain recommends eating only 6 eggs a month on a cooked-palaeolithic diet"   -TylerDurden

Wow.  I blew my limit in 2 seconds.  Is that cooked eggs or raw?

The eggs I am eating are raw yolk only, no whites.  I have done whole raw eggs with the whites in the past and it did not go well with my digestion.  My yolks are not cooked and they usually have 75 to 150 mg of DHA fat per yolk depending on where I buy them.  Today I am eating my yolks later on for dinner instead of the usual am to see what happens.  My energy today has been lacking and I am damn hungry right now, strong craving for the yolks even though chugging them makes me gag sometimes. 

I am grouping everything into mono-meals which is working well for digestion and energy.  I think this is how our ancestors ate and animals ate - lots of one item per meal.  The only reason why I intentionally mixed foods before was to mix fats with plants so vitamins ADEK could be absorbed, and the raw egg yolks take care of all of that since yolks already have ADEK and fats together.

Raw meat is still off the menu for now.   

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 06:21:44 am »
Mmm sounds interesting, Tyler, thank you.

I am used to have 3 raw egg a day (in breakfast), well above Cordain's suggestions.

So far, I didn't notice any problems.
Do you think something may arise ?

I was eating 2 dozen eggs a day (according to AV's book) at one stage (mainly yolk) but they didn't fill me up. I would still be hungry it was driving me crazy. Then I discovered suet.

Problems started to occur with eating so many eggs I went off the taste of them and started to get the worst farts, I was stinky!

3 eggs a day sounds ok to me, I was following AV's advice by eating so many, seems a little dumb looking back now.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 06:37:02 am »
The Instincto habit of "Mono-eating" worked well for me when I first started as I had digestive issues with the complex food-combinations that Ajonus recommended in his books.

Re Cordain:- He's an advocate of cooked-palaeolithic diets so he's talking about cooked eggs. As regards just the yolks, Aajonus claims that the protein in eggs isn't as fully utilisable as protein in meat. I tend to agree, from my own personal experience. Plus, a surprising number of RAFers are allergic to eggs, even raw eggs - it's one of the more common allergies, like dairy and wheat-allergy.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 06:31:18 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 08:33:07 am »
It's true, I'm pretty sure egg protein isn't as bioavailable as meat protein, especially when the eggs are raw.
Cooking actually increases the bioavailability of egg protein, but of course I don't think that is reason enough to cook them. I still have my eggs raw when I do eat eggs.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 08:56:33 am »
I noticed with my 5 year old who used to be allergic to "eggs", even raw organic "eggs" that those are not enough.  even if organic "eggs" they are still freaks.  chicken menstruation. 

Real eggs are organic fertilized eggs.

So my son discovered and he told me that when we switched to fertilized eggs, whether raw or cooked, he is fine and never gets allergic reactions.

This leads me to conclude that only organic fertilized eggs will do.

If I can't find fertilized eggs, then I'm having zero eggs.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 08:23:31 pm »
It seems to me from reading all the egg information out there that fertilized eggs are the way to go, whether cooked or raw. This will also limit your consumption of them since it's harder to find fertilized eggs to buy.

Offline igibike

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 08:32:30 pm »
I've posted a dedicate issue re eggs on omnivovrousRPD section.
For who iterested.
So iceman jurnl don't get too OTed.
Bye bye

Luigi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk