Author Topic: Raw Intestine - Can You Eat It?  (Read 4545 times)

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
Raw Intestine - Can You Eat It?
« on: June 29, 2011, 07:13:41 pm »
Inb4 "Use the search button" I made two vague/multi question threads on this before and never got a good/direct answer.

Can you eat intestine raw? That is after cleaning out the poo. The bacteria, e-coli, and poo worry me, parasites maybe/not so much. Has anyone ever eaten raw intestine of anything?

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Intestine - Can You Eat It?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 07:45:40 pm »
Yes TechyDude, you can eat raw intestine as long as its not from some sick, grainy animal.
The skin of my sausages right now is made from intestine! crazy!
The texture kinda reminds me of the raw foreskin that I had.
That's not paleo.

Offline blimpie

• Egg Thief
  • Watch out! It's the evil military!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 10:02:24 am »
Huh? The poopy wormy part of the intestines is the best part!

It's the ultimate priobitic, and like aajonus said, the trichinosis worm will help you digest food (the trich worm/parasite supplement is the small intestines, not the large one; the large one is the pooper).

I don't know if the intestines itself is edible raw. You might end up with a smelly piece of bubble gum instead.

I know someone who's dabbled in the dark arts. He didn't have a problem.
Some people would say I'm full of hot air.

"I find cooking wastes so much of my time, though." Geoff Purcell

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 01:52:39 pm »
lol techy u 4chan?

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 11:57:26 pm »
TECHYDUDE
Raw Intestine - Can You Eat It?
« on: June 29, 2011, 07:13:41 pm »
Inb4 "Use the search button" I made two vague/multi question threads on this before and never got a good/direct answer.

Can you eat intestine raw? That is after cleaning out the poo. The bacteria, e-coli, and poo worry me, parasites maybe/not so much. Has anyone ever eaten raw intestine of anything?

TECHNOSMITH
Bear Hunter
Entrails
« on: July 11, 2012, 06:18:44 pm »
“Anyone experimented with entrails? Any good? From which animals? And how on earth do you ask your butcher to bag you up some of that!”

REPLY:
Thought you deserved an answer to your questions, so used collected wisdom of a number of our knowledgeable and experienced members:

SABERTOOTH
“I also rip out the guts in one piece with my bare hands and separate it from the rest, but then I will strip of the fat from the intestinal lining and pick out the adrenal glands, as well as other tasty tid bits. Then I will squeeze the droppings from the lower bowels and save a small portion. The small intestine is a bit gross with digestive juice and grassy slime, but the lower track has digested grass pellets that are easy to discard. FYI”

ROSELENE
“Stomach and intestines are eaten raw without health incident.  They are usually bleached or dyed first, but they are eaten raw unbleached/undyed.  Which animals are they from, GS?  I know of pig intestine and cow stomach and intestine.  I think the raw cow stomachs can be used more as food than the intestines that are used more in a medicinal manner and rarely”.

INGER’S HEALING JOURNEY
From the whole animal section:
According to John (Fire) Lame Deer, the eating of guts had evolved into a contest. "In the old days we used to eat the guts of the buffalo, making a contest of it, two fellows getting hold of a long piece of intestines from opposite ends, starting chewing toward the middle, seeing who can get there first; that’s eating. Those buffalo guts, full of half-fermented, half-digested grass and herbs, you didn’t need any pills and vitamins when you swallowed those."

MEGAN MEGATOAST
Chitterling, otherwise known as Chitlins are the intestines of pigs.

Has anyone ever eaten these raw? Do they taste good? I'm thinking about picking some up next time I go to buy some meat along with some tripe and livers.     

PHATDAVE
Mmm sounds delicious. Must be weird if they still have whatever the pigs even inside. If I could get my hands on some lovely wild pig, I'd relish using the whole animal.

REPLY:
Hoping these comments help to put raw entrails, including stomach and intestines on our dinner tables.   (Hope also Members excuse me borrowing their comments!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk