Author Topic: Marijuana RAW PALEO style? (not smoking/baking to eat)...thoughts opinoins  (Read 33738 times)

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
i havent smoked for a year but used to be perma fried in my SAD days for a few years. i just was thinkin about how weed has lots of toxins in it and wutnot, but myb that is due to heating it(kinda like food). google does not help with this, as people like to smoke for quick results, and they all say u need heat to activate thc which makes no sense to me. maybe release it from the plant, but what are ur guys thoughts? i wanna be more creative so m contemplating dif things like i am now becoming left handed. so:
1) does organic outdoor weed have toxins raw?
2) any vitamins/minerals in weed (no info on this either from health sites/stoners)
3) high metabolism from weed suggests to me that ur body does not want this stuff inside it : so there fore is it poison?

ty//discsion green flag is waving :D
The price is wrong Bob

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Basically every tribe I know of had some sort of drug or hallucinagen and although I would never say its healthy in anyway, at the same time I don't think you have to worry about weed to much. My bro has a friend who is raw vegan and he smokes weed all the time. Are you actually becoming left handed or are you practicing left handedness?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
To me the effect and benefit from smoking organic weed outweighs the small amount of toxins you get.
Why not just make your own hash and eat a bunch of it, then its raw and you're not smoking it, you'll just need more weed for the effect.
You could heat the weed very very slowly in butter for a longer time and less toxins are produced and then eat that butter and the weed, the THC will be released.
You could use a vaporizer, less heat and smoke then straight up smoking.
Most plants and vegetables have some toxins, that doesn't make them unsuitable for consumption.
In the wild, animals like deer love eating weed, and will eat lots of it!  ;D

Regarding metabolism, I never get munchies from it for some reason, but then again I only smoke in small amounts.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
My teacher barefoot herbalist mh thinks weed is poison.
That is his opinion as a master herbalist.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
My teacher barefoot herbalist mh thinks weed is poison.
That is his opinion as a master herbalist.

ya thats the conclusion ive come to myslef,  but that was made on the SAD diet and under much stress/depression before the use started. Now i am confident, know myself well, have an identity, and got my stuff from my cousin who grew it organically. I am going to try eating like 3grams raw chewed well on a 24hour fasted empty stomach to see the results for one experiment.

Do u have a link to his site/research/thesis' plz? i am quite interested as i respect ur knowledge/sources GS

Also going to try stem tea (only drink the oil on top after its been brewed for a few hours).

And smoke some out of a vap, and pipe on dif occasions, but i am still strongly convinced that its poison. I just dont get how i have such creativity and burst of energy off it. Like i said though, my metabolism speeds dramstically with consistent marijuana use, probly a sign of bad things
Regarding metabolism, I never get munchies from it for some reason, but then again I only smoke in small amounts.
munchies do not exist for me either, only at first when i started using. I belive its in your head cause ive had before, and u want to keep eating even when ur bloated as fuck. i feel fine when i dont eat, actually better
Are you actually becoming left handed or are you practicing left handedness?
yes i am, it is difficult at first though like ever forign thing, specially because our society makes all stuff (cars, coats, kitchen utensils, computers, vid games, bikes, EVERYTHING) cattered for your right hand dominance. i did not realize this until a few days ago when i taped my right hand to remind myself i now use my lefthand as priority for all fine/any motor skills/tasks. This is because i notcied my left side core is weaker as is the whole left side. i could use this help for sports, but also later realized by doing this my right brain (creative/feeling/unique) will develop greatly, as i already am a very different and interesting to many that know me. i desire full body control as well
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 02:41:48 pm by andrew89jackson »
The price is wrong Bob

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
wow he gives it straight. me likes. i feel i still have an emotional piece of the puzzle missing, cause i feel the urge to consume something for distraction unless i am stimulated mentally or physically. i specifically talking about all the tasty SAD food my family eats that taunts/teases me. i know how shitty i feel after i eat it (cause ive snapped once or twice with horible results), but i still want it. does anyone else go thru this?

So basically i think thats y i am pondering the effects of drugs again(even though i already know them first hand) cause i feel tempted/weak at times. Lolz i am kinda ranting at this point and plz dont hesitate to tell me i am crazy  Vomit
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 03:20:07 pm by andrew89jackson »
The price is wrong Bob

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
There were times when I ate sad and it always, always, always somehow hits me like a ton of bricks.

You probably need to define your cheat.

For example my cheat is cooked meat dish for socials.

Technically it is still paleo. although cooked paleo.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Anybody tried the NLP technique of recalling/amplifying the effect of a drug? It is based on the fact that the effect is your body's reaction to the drug and you can re-experience it again without taking it.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
Anybody tried the NLP technique of recalling/amplifying the effect of a drug? It is based on the fact that the effect is your body's reaction to the drug and you can re-experience it again without taking it.

I have not done any special techniques to do that. I had Datura "flashbacks" for almost 2 years after drinking it as a tea. Small hallucinations that came and went. I imagine that it could be a maddening experience if you did not expect something like it to happen before you took the drug.

I dont think weed is poison. We have cannabinoid receptors in the brain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid_receptor

I do however think that abuse is dangerous to physical and mental health, regardless if your drug of choice is food, sex, legal drugs, illegal drugs, another person, love. Even the best things in life can become destructive once you get an addiction.

When you meditate, what you really want to achieve is to trick the brain into releasing "feel good" chemicals. Many drugs releases these "feel good" chemicals to various degrees. I fail to understand why either of the 2 choices to reach other states of mind should be purer than the other.

Deek Jackson made a pretty good video on the subject http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlR0JrNOKIg ofcourse it is "tongue in cheek", but his facts are not entirely pulled out of his arse.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Marijuana RAW PALEO style? (not smoking/baking to eat)...thoughts opinoins
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 07:27:49 pm »
Marijuana it self is toxic. Doesn't matter whether it's grown organically in the wild or not.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 07:36:46 pm »
Marijuana it self is toxic. Doesn't matter whether it's grown organically in the wild or not.

How is it toxic?

"Toxicity can be measured by its effects on the target (organism, organ, tissue or cell). Because individuals typically have different levels of response to the same dose of a toxin, a population-level measure of toxicity is often used which relates the probabilities of an outcome for a given individual in a population. One such measure is the LD50. When such data does not exist, estimates are made by comparison to known similar toxic things, or to similar exposures in similar organisms. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxicity

According to which US Government authority you want to believe, the lethal dose of marijuana is either about one-third your body weight, or about 1,500 pounds, consumed all at once.

In summary, enormous doses of Delta 9 THC, All THC and concentrated marihuana extract ingested by mouth were unable to produce death or organ pathology in large mammals but did produce fatalities in smaller rodents due to profound central nervous system depression.

The non-fatal consumption of 3000 mg/kg A THC by the dog and monkey would be comparable to a 154-pound human eating approximately 46 pounds (21 kilograms) of 1%-marihuana or 10 pounds of 5% hashish at one time. In addition, 92 mg/kg THC intravenously produced no fatalities in monkeys. These doses would be comparable to a 154-pound human smoking at one time almost three pounds (1.28 kg) of 1%-marihuana or 250,000 times the usual smoked dose and over a million times the minimal effective dose assuming 50% destruction of the THC by smoking.

Thus, evidence from animal studies and human case reports appears to indicate that the ratio of lethal dose to effective dose is quite large. This ratio is much more favorable than that of many other common psychoactive agents including alcohol and barbiturates (Phillips et al. 1971, Brill et al. 1970).
http://www.druglibrary.org/Schaffer/library/mj_overdose.htm

The only real danger I see in relation to this, is that in some people in can set off an allready existing psychosis. But nearly all substances has the potential to cause paradoxical and just plain dysphoria. even ones the large majority of us consider harmless. Also, if you smoke it there are other risk factors involved.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 07:50:12 pm »
Consuming weed can make you a mental patient for life. Even taking it once. And it can happen every time after having been taking it for a long time. It happened to a guy I used to hang with. He had to go to hospital, didn't recognize anyone anymore. He recovered fully, I don't know if he is normal again. Some never recover.

And that for what "benefit?"

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 07:52:56 pm »
I do know using the plant as HEMP is industrially awesome. 
That industrial use should be brought back.
Historically HEMP was a very good renewable source for many things.

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 08:26:23 pm »
Consuming weed can make you a mental patient for life. Even taking it once. And it can happen every time after having been taking it for a long time. It happened to a guy I used to hang with. He had to go to hospital, didn't recognize anyone anymore. He recovered fully, I don't know if he is normal again. Some never recover.

What a bunch of bullshit.  The only time I've seen drugs alter someone personally was when I had a friend who took an ounce of mushrooms, it turned him schizophrenic overnight.  He abused the crap out of mushrooms tho and he didn't get damaged till he took 8 times the normal dose.  This was someone who clearly had underlying mental problems as well.  I live in California where weed is essentially legal and I have yet to ever meet someone who became a mental patient due to weed abuse and I've met thousands of stoners lol.

Weed is an ok substance imo, definitely better then other stuff such as alcohol and it can probably be used like other hallucinogens to overcome personal/psychological problems.  I actually quit the stuff recently, not indefinitely but I def need a long break.  When you rely on weed too much it becomes a crutch when you have nothing fun to do and after awhile it seems like there is never anything fun to do besides smoke. 

The reason you have to heat weed to get any effects from it is because the THc has to be decarboxylated to become activated.  This is achieved through heat exposure.

FYi to all "weed has toxins" crew, it doesn't.  Combusted weed has heat created toxins just like every other combusted plant matter, raw marijuana doesn't contain toxins.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 09:49:56 pm »

Tell me about it. I have two childhood friends who are actually mental patients now due to weed.

Two very much so normal kids.

I do suspect they've taken mushrooms aswell, I know atleast one of them did. But I know the effect weed can have because I've felt it myself and it's dangerous.

Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 03:50:44 am »
Whether or not weed, lsd, mushrooms turn you into a mental patient depends upon your own psychology, as Brother mentioned. The number of people poisoned by weed versus the amount of professionals, athletes, artists, musicians, teachers and really people of ALL walk of life is ridiculously minuscule.
There are some people who don't get a good effect from it, instead of peacefulness they feel nervous (and everything the opposite of all the positive feelings one experiences), then those people cleverly choose to not smoke it, smart for them, why would they then. I am close with quite a few folks like that, they don't smoke it....yet a bunch of others who they are friends with do, and the weed non-consumers are not under the impression the weed consumers are poisoned. Every one seems to get along on a mental level, strange to you isn't it.
Yes there is people who develop problems with all sorts of stuff, not even just things you ingest but things you do/habits, you can't always come to the conclusion the particular substance/habit is poison, we all know thats not true.
Some people are prescribed weed instead of true harmful pharmaceutical poisons (we all know what they are) and it helps them more then having to take a huge amount of medications, I wouldn't think of calling it poison.
And a herbalist should know almost any herb can have a bad effect on certain individuals.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 04:33:49 am »

Hmm...lets see, I can describe my benefits:
- works well with my creative career
- heightens both right and left brain ability, for example more ability to concentrate when I am programming something in code, and then when I move to an artistic design task it works to benefit the creative/visual side
- similar with physical benefits...increases ability to be calm, sit and think, or meditate...but when I am active it increases endurance and mental experience that you get from movement
- general increased ability to stay positive during bad times
- if I ever get nauseous for whatever reason it a good medication for reducing that, I am rarely nauseous but during those times it helped
- if insomnia ever strikes its a good sleep-inducer (however too much right before bed can make you sleep longer :P )
- it works well when I am in solitude, and in big groups of people interacting socially, it doesn't favor one side or the other
- during times when I don't have it for whatever reason, sometimes up to two weeks, I still function well, I am not in withdrawal or anything which is a nice thing in itself

...it never seems to give me munchies/overeating, I'd have to purposely consume a large amount for that to happen...but I know from many sources that people suffering from anorexia start getting their appetite back when using it which is great...the classical munchies effect is from people who constantly consume more then they are meant to...after all you are not meant to take it like its food, its a powerful herb after all.

thats all can have time to think of right now...but there are other things  :)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 04:39:13 am »
I don't know if this was mentioned but I think eating it raw causes some real problems.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 04:56:33 am »
I don't know if this was mentioned but I think eating it raw causes some real problems.

What are they and how are they different from the same problems caused by consuming it not raw?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 05:21:26 am »
My father was very much aware of the effect of drugs during the 60s and 70s, coming across a number of deaths from drugs etc.. He mentioned that taking soft drugs was a key reason for getting subsequently hooked on hard drugs later on. So the issue re effect of soft drugs is really rather immaterial.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 05:30:10 am »
What are they and how are they different from the same problems caused by consuming it not raw?
According to my drug addicted cousin it can make you puke.

@andrew
You might wanna read the last couple of replies on the first page of this website.
http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/208266-can-you-eat-weed-straight-up.html

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 05:36:48 am »
There is a huge ratio of people that smoke weed who do not do "hard drugs", so just because some do hard drugs and smoke weed does not make weed the cause of hard drugs, many things can cause a person to have problems with hard drugs, its highly dependent on the person & their issues & environment. Similarly there is also people doing hard drugs and don't want to touch weed at all. When people start trying drugs weed is the easiest to get your hands on usually, so its accused as a causative agent in a society where so many other issues cause people to have drug problems in general. People always look for an easy answer instead of trying to examine the root of the problem, they are taught to not think and just blame things on what is considered BAD in our society...  :'(

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 06:10:30 am »
You might wanna read the last couple of replies on the first page of this website.
http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/208266-can-you-eat-weed-straight-up.html

Interesting thread...the general consensus among self-proclaimed experienced stoners (lol  :P) is that eating it is effective but less potent, meaning you need to consume a large amount. Since THC it activates with fat, I wonder if eating it with a large amount of (maybe pure raw fat) will increase the effect from eating it raw, that your stomach acids will use the raw weed with the consumed fat to extract & absorb more of the THC...I will try that experiment next time, I usually buy it in small amount so I don`t want to waste all I have to try this now  l) but I will definitely try this next time and add lot of raw fat with it, will be curious to see the results!

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 07:19:11 am »
He mentioned that taking soft drugs was a key reason for getting subsequently hooked on hard drugs later on.

All alcoholics start with milk, ergo, milk must lead to alcoholism. We have been given the same song since the 70's, the problem is that it is still not backed by evidence. And boy have we been looking for that evidence. Its not there.

If anything, time and time again it shows that many cross over because of the legal status of the drugs. meaning. To get it, they often have to enter into dialogue with criminals who sell other things as well. A lot of people would never have crossed the line had their pet soft drug been easily avaible. Also, as yuri correctly states, there is a huge ratio of people who do soft drugs, but no hard ones. Most weed smokers I know are like that. Many of them dont even go for alcohol, which is considered a hard drug.

According to my drug addicted cousin it can make you puke.

I have never experienced that ever. I have occationally smoked so much that i felt ill, but I suspect the tobacco I use for joints more than the weed/hash for that one. I have tried to eat as much as 10grams of fresh hash without any adverse effects (besides the ones I wanted).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 07:26:39 am by Brother »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk